Bills on NFL Network about moving

RLflutie7

I find that when things are put on the NFL network, it's pretty much a done deal.

The Bills, Jags and Rams were mentioned and they showed Ralph Wilson on the clip that was played.

I think moving the Bills and Jags is a stupid thing to do. LA won't embrace those teams.

Moving the Rams back to LA is the smartest thing to do. Plus moving the Raiders into the new stadium is a good idea also. Both teams have a history in LA and the Bills and Jags don't.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From just two weeks ago:

“The Bills are part of the very fabric of Western New York, and in Western New York they will stay,” said Schumer in a statement. “Ralph Wilson is committed to Western New York, has had no contact with any purported suitors, and flatly told me that the Bills are staying in Buffalo. Period. I have long fought to keep the team here, and will continue to do so with every bit of clout I have. I was tremendously reassured to learn today, directly from Ralph, that there has been zero contact with this company and that there is absolutely no consideration of entertaining any of this company’s potential future offers. Buffalo Bills fans can rest a little bit easier tonight.”

http://losangeles.bizjournals.com/losangel...04/daily29.html

Don't forget the Chargers started in Los Angeles. They want a new stadium but aren't getting one from the taxpayers. Move them 80 miles north and call them the SoCal Chargers. Would it suck for SD fans? Sure, but at least they could still drive 90 minutes and follow their team.

PTR

Don't forget the Chargers started in Los Angeles. They want a new stadium but aren't getting one from the taxpayers. Move them 80 miles north and call them the SoCal Chargers. Would it suck for SD fans? Sure, but at least they could still drive 90 minutes and follow their team.

PTR

yours is the most likely scenario. then one of the Oak/SF teams, Jax, STL & Min. the bills would NEVER move while Ralph is alive.

yours is the most likely scenario. then one of the Oak/SF teams, Jax, STL & Min. the bills would NEVER move while Ralph is alive.

Frankly the Bills are more likely to move to Toronto than LA. Even then I can see the NFL insist that some games still be played in Buffalo. The economy sucks but the fan base doesn't deserve to lose it's team so that may be the compromise.

PTR

Frankly the Bills are more likely to move to Toronto than LA. Even then I can see the NFL insist that some games still be played in Buffalo. The economy sucks but the fan base doesn't deserve to lose it's team so that may be the compromise.

PTR

again, i agree with you......toronto is now part of the bills market......the nfl and any future owner would be foolish to give that up......as long as we continue sellouts we keep the team......i do see the NFL going to an 18 game seasson with less pre season games. thats 9 home games.......i could easily see 2-3 home games in toronto, eventually.

PTR

If they moved the team to Toronto and gave us a few games I wonder if Buffalo fans would actually support the team and attend the Buffalo games. As a season ticket holder I'd be completely done with the franchise.

PTR

just remember that 90 minute drive if we move to toronto...

I find that when things are put on the NFL network, it's pretty much a done deal.

The Bills, Jags and Rams were mentioned and they showed Ralph Wilson on the clip that was played.

I think moving the Bills and Jags is a stupid thing to do. LA won't embrace those teams.

Moving the Rams back to LA is the smartest thing to do. Plus moving the Raiders into the new stadium is a good idea also. Both teams have a history in LA and the Bills and Jags don't.

Toronto probably wouldn't want this Bills team.

It will be interesting to see the attendance for the games this year. I'm wondering if the regular season game will be New England, after the 1st two were against the other AFC East teams.

san diego actually loves their chargers, i just moved there. as much as we know we need new ownership, so do the raiders. the only issue about upstate that chuck schumer concerns himself with is that the bills wont leave buffalo, they arent going anywhere

Obviously for the fans in Buffalo, the franchise moving away would be devastating...

For a Bills fan like me who lives in Los Angeles (if this was their destination), it would be a nightmare as well... Great that L.A. finally has another team, but it happens to be the one that I've rooted for most of my life? Talk about irony...

...Ralph Wilson on the clip that was played....

...Listen, I don't care if Ralph Wilson had an "I love L.A." tee shirt on that clip, as long as he is breathing, the Bills will be staying put. Of all the things Wilson has said that has driven people nuts, his "succession" plan is the simplest thing out of his mouth to understand. He said something like; "The Bills will never move as long as I'm alive. After I die, the team will be sold."

NFL Network can throw Buffalo in with the loser teams in the NFL with the loser fans that don't even sell out their stadiums all they want. They do that only because Wilson is 91 and of course he can die any day. The truth is if Wilson wanted to sell and/or move the Bills, he would have done it few years ago before he started taking games north to Toronto. Doesn't that make sense? Why go through all the PR crap taking one game a year to the Rogers Center, when Wilson could have just taken the entire team to Toronto when Rogers was alive and was hot to get the NFL into town? :rolleyes:

The only way the Bills are in "contention" for Los Angeles is if Ralph Wilson dies before a team is placed there.