Don't blame Ralph for not hiring Marty

Nevergiveup

I know it's hard to believe, but it was not Ralph that shot down Marty. Yes, Marty wanted the job. He wanted it well before Buddy was even hired. But it was Buddy's call. I am sure Buddy did not want that to be public having worked with Marty. I don't know how it was spun back on Ralph. He makes his share of mistakes, but that one was not him.

I am not necessarily supporting the hire, But in the end, Buddy needs someone he can work with and if he thinks that is Gailey and not Marty, that probably has the best chance of working anyway.

Regarding Thurman, does anyone think that someone who goes on WGR every other day has access to any inside information from the Bills? I guess you can value his opinion. But he will likely never have any inside info.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's hard to believe, but it was not Ralph that shot down Marty. Yes, Marty wanted the job. He wanted it well before Buddy was even hired. But it was Buddy's call. I am sure Buddy did not want that to be public having worked with Marty. I don't know how it was spun back on Ralph. He makes his share of mistakes, but that one was not him.

I am not necessarily supporting the hire, But in the end, Buddy needs someone he can work with and if he thinks that is Gailey and not Marty, that probably has the best chance of working anyway.

Regarding Thurman, does anyone think that someone who goes on WGR every other day has access to any inside information from the Bills? I guess you can value his opinion. But he will likely never have any inside info.

Yep. That whole Tim Graham BS didn't sound right. Too EASY, and lame. Wreaks of Buffalo sport writer.

Yep. That whole Tim Graham BS didn't sound right. Too EASY, and lame. Wreaks of Buffalo sport writer.

He got most of it right. Marty wanted the job and was turned down. That IS the story. Who turned him down is very important, but secondary.

I'm blaming the messenger. Thanks for nothin, pal! :w00t:

seriously. thanks for the info now and before. whoever you are.... thurman.

Interesting; thanks. Ralph hired Nix after a nonexistent search, though, so whoever made the decision re: Marty, it's pretty much Wilson's responsibility in the end.

Doesn't hurt Graham's story at all. His story was from Schottenheimer's camp. The Bills turned him down, and Marty's camp believed it's because of Ralph. I would guess that they got that impression from Nix, who didn't want to directly turn down a friend himself. Graham reported it as their belief, nothing else.

Thank you kindly NGU.

Just seems strange Buddy could be "buds" with Marty, but couldn't work with him.

Well, given the public view that Marty would want final say in personnel matters, perhaps Buddy thought, hey Marty, I love ya, but I just got my dream gig and I'm not about to hand over the reigns after a month.

Interesting; thanks. Ralph hired Nix after a nonexistent search, though, so whoever made the decision re: Marty, it's pretty much Wilson's responsibility in the end.

I agree. Ultimately everything comes back to Ralph, but if Buddy wanted Marty, he could have hired him. I thought it was important to clarify.

I agree. Ultimately everything comes back to Ralph, but if Buddy wanted Marty, he could have hired him. I thought it was important to clarify.

How badly does Ralph want the Bills to stay in Buffalo? How much pressure is the rest of the league putting into the situation in an effort to force them out?

OK, lets remember the timeline here. Nix was a great hire last season for the Bills. He was not an entrenched member of this front office. He is a fresh face.

I know its not popular to appreciate Ralph due to our constant losing, but don't think that they just settled on Nix. That man is impressive. Football guy to the core.

This could make sense. Is it possible that Marty may have wanted to be coach and GM? Something bad happened in San Diego involving Marty and AJ .... Buddy must know exactly what it is.

Thanks Jimbo ... er uh Nevergiveup!

How badly does Ralph want the Bills to stay in Buffalo? How much pressure is the rest of the league putting into the situation in an effort to force them out?

That is a little deep for tonight. But I feel pretty comfortable there is no pressure from thr league. He wants the team to stay, but that doesn't mean he will do what it takes to keep it in Buffalo. He wants to win as well, how has that been working out?

He wants the team to stay, but that doesn't mean he will do what it takes to keep it in Buffalo.

If he won't do what it takes to keep the team here, then I would be hesitant to claim that he really wants them to stay. Actions, or lack thereof, speak louder than words.

Oh that makes since, It was Buddy who wanted Chan Faley. Ralph is just the owner.. it it's not his call or anything.

whatever!

That is a little deep for tonight. But I feel pretty comfortable there is no pressure from thr league. He wants the team to stay, but that doesn't mean he will do what it takes to keep it in Buffalo. He wants to win as well, how has that been working out?

Why do national reporters consistenly say the Bills have a hard time filling the stadium....fan support....blah blah and never get called on it? The tone is always negative when it comes to the Bills.

Just today Kornheiser's reaction is:

Gailey is the guy you hire when you're going out of business.