5 things Gailey must do to turn things around

STLBILLS15

If someone could make the AFC championship game with Sanchez, then anything is possible.

And what was it that allowed them to win with a rookie QB? Dare I say that the offensive line is the most important thing? How have the 'geniuses' at OBD not known this for the last 15 years?

If someone could make the AFC championship game with Sanchez, then anything is possible.

What Made This Possible was a Jets Offensive Line they built through the draft (Duh-Bricka shaw Ferguson, Mangold), and through intelligent FA signings (Faneca from Pittsburgh, Woody from Detroit). This is the FIRST thing Gailey must do. We have bookend guards that'll do just fine next year. Now we need bookend tackles, with at least one (and likely 2) being signed before the beginning of training camp.

What Made This Possible was a Jets Offensive Line they built through the draft (Duh-Bricka shaw Ferguson, Mangold), and through intelligent FA signings (Faneca from Pittsburgh, Woody from Detroit). This is the FIRST thing Gailey must do. We have bookend guards that'll do just fine next year. Now we need bookend tackles, with at least one (and likely 2) being signed before the beginning of training camp.

Word! This is the way to build this team. Fix the OL and run, run, run to help the defense stay off the field. They can't

fix everything overnight, so I say find some beaten up vet like Kerry Collins to come in and compete with Fitzpatrick

and take a flyer on a rookie QB no earlier than round 3. Target your franchise QB next year.

Depending on who is available, ideally, I'd like the draft to fall something like:

1. OLT

2. LB

3. Another OL, DE or LB

You do know that John Clayton is just a nerd with a microphone, right? He knows less than you about the bills. He's probably only watched the two nationally televised games this year.

Good point. Especially when you consider points 1-4 have been discussed on TSW ad nausem for the last few years. He (or is staff) could easily have picked it up here. And point 5 is evidence that he has been here :lol:

I'd prefer moving Wood to center and Butler back to guard and get two starting tackles. If Okung is available, I thinkwe will take him.

If Edwards is ok from his concussions to come back, I am not against going with him. Despite the nonsensical ramblings of some people, he can be a good QB. He has only been in the league for 3 years and has not had much protection or anywhere to go with the ball. His arm isn't as bad as people want to make it out to be either

Good point. Especially when you consider points 1-4 have been discussed on TSW ad nausem for the last few years. He (or is staff) could easily have picked it up here. And point 5 is evidence that he has been here :lol:

Yeah, he probably uses the bookmark feature on his browser quite frequently.

before you throw bombs at a new HC maybe you should check to make sure you are a competent speller...love it when clowns throw smack about intelligence/ability and can't spell or write correctly themselves...:lol:)

#1 - Take off the Chan Gailey rubber suit and reveal himself to be a competant coach.

I'd prefer moving Wood to center and Butler back to guard and get two starting tackles. If Okung is available, I thinkwe will take him.

If Edwards is ok from his concussions to come back, I am not against going with him. Despite the nonsensical ramblings of some people, he can be a good QB. He has only been in the league for 3 years and has not had much protection or anywhere to go with the ball. His arm isn't as bad as people want to make it out to be either

Why move Wood to center and Butler to guard? Butler looked good at RT until the injury. No need to create more holes. Draft an LT to join Levitre/Hangartner/Wood/Butler, and work with what you've got for depth (Meredith, Bell, Scott, Chambers - dumping the weakest of them). Seems like a no-brainer to me.

he pretty much sums it up.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...&id=4838981

hopefully he really doesn't think trent is the answer.

Not sure what's worse. Schefter's non-existant analysis of the news when repeatedly asked.

or

the fact that John Clayton still is employed to write about football.

he pretty much sums it up.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...&id=4838981

hopefully he really doesn't think trent is the answer.

It's funny how these talking heads have basically told it like it is for the past decade and some buffoons get mad like it's their fault. It's Ralph's fault, not John Clayton or Jerry Sullivan. You don't have to follow this team 24-7 to identify the problems here. Like Belichick said in an interview a couple months ago, to be bad in the NFL you have to do A LOT of things wrong.

One made the all rookie team and the other was even better than him til his leg got broke.

I cannot recall a single play seeing Eric Wood getting manhandled. I saw numerous times where he was the one manhandling the opposition, but never him getting manhandled. Levitre got manhandled a few times early in the year but was greatly improved by the end of the year and I can't recall him really getting manhandled past week 9 or 10...

What is he talking about?? Wood and Levitre could be a pro-bowl tandem for years to come for us...