Is Wade's job safe?

Tolstoy

Just curious if anybody has heard anything about the Cowboy's coaching position, especially after their trouncing at the hands of the Vikings (at home!). Will Jones keep Wade? If not, has Cowher perhaps been holding out for something like this?

Sorry if I missed a previous post on this.

Just curious if anybody has heard anything about the Cowboy's coaching position, especially after their trouncing at the hands of the Vikings (at home!). Will Jones keep Wade? If not, has Cowher perhaps been holding out for something like this?

I believe the general consensus was that if the Cowshits broke their playoff win drought his job would be safe.

Although his teams horrific performance today should make Jones reconsider.

Yeah and we have to be careful not to end up with Headphoneless Wade again! Yeah, I know that Wade & Ralph had a little financial tug-a-war at the end of his tour, but Ralph prefers to hire people that he knows and has recently stated that!

Oh Oh...B. Cowher to Dallas and Wade back to Buffalo...but even that is better than D.Jauron, Mularkey, and Williams !! :thumbsup:

Jerry Jones won't give Cowher the say over the personnel that he wants

I think its' too early to know that answer....even with Jerry Jones. I also think Norv Turner has even more to worry about then ol' Wade. Remember the Chargers showed Shotty Sr. the door after losing their first playoff game at home with the bye after going....14-2-0 in that regular season! The Chargers have got to be sick and tired of these home playoff losses after earning the bye and home playoff game during the long regular season. Norv and Wade could both be golfing together by the end of next week for all we know.

Its funny how everyone says that Ralph meddles so much and that its because of this that good players and personel stay away, yet Jerry Jones patrols the sidelines during a loss and the big names still flock to Dallas

Jerry Jones actually knows what he is doing.

Jerry Jones actually knows what he is doing.

Does he? He his team has one more playoff win then the Bills over the last decade

The reason why is because he makes more money being in a better market and he can throw money around to try and fix his problems and build over the top stadiums. Football wise, he doesn't know anymore then Ralph Wilson does

I predict Jones gets rid of Wade. I'm surprised he has stayed with him as long as he has given he is not known to be a very patient person.
I agree. I don't think Jones will be able to deal w being embarrassed like that.

I expect the announcement this week.

I hope so. Then Wade could get an interview. God I would love to have Wade back at this point. Wade was our last taste of glory. Please Wade come back and take us to the promise land.

When we got rid of Wade I was glad, as I thought his decision to start Johnson in the Titans game was insane. (I'm not trying to start up that old controversy by the way). My point is, in retrospect, Wade was the best coach we had post Levy. At least we had one of the top ranked D's back then. So, maybe he deserves another shot. At least you know what you're getting.

When we got rid of Wade I was glad, as I thought his decision to start Johnson in the Titans game was insane. (I'm not trying to start up that old controversy by the way). My point is, in retrospect, Wade was the best coach we had post Levy. At least we had one of the top ranked D's back then. So, maybe he deserves another shot. At least you know what you're getting.

You can't be serious. Why would Wade come back to Buffalo to work for a guy that he had a legal tussle with over his contract?

You can't be serious. Why would Wade come back to Buffalo to work for a guy that he had a legal tussle with over his contract?
I wasn't saying it was likely, just that I wouldn't mind having Wade back. Maybe Ralph can just say gosh I'm sorry, I was out of my mind for letting you go :thumbsup:

The Cowboys were totally out matched by the talent of the Vikings on both sides of the ball, especially defense. If Jones fires Wade he is a bigger *** than he already was.

I don't agree with this. The Cowboys have as much talent as anyone in the league and have for a few years now. They were out coached in this game and losing Adams didn't help matters. I don't say that this is all Phillips fault, but his team didn't make the adjustments and laid an egg in this game. That has got to reflect somewhat on the coach.

I don't agree with this. The Cowboys have as much talent as anyone in the league and have for a few years now. They were out coached in this game and losing Adams didn't help matters. I don't say that this is all Phillips fault, but his team didn't make the adjustments and laid an egg in this game. That has got to reflect somewhat on the coach.

unbelievable

their offense sucked when they did not have a LT

what a shocker!!

unbelievable

their offense sucked when they did not have a LT

what a shocker!!

Dallas was the healthiest team in the NFL... no one on IR. So it's pretty tough to blame injuries for a poor performance. Minnesota was playing with a rookie MLB starting his 4th game. They didn't use that as an excuse.

I have always thought of Norv Turner and Wade Phillips as sad sacks. I just hate watching them lose as they seem to suffer on the sidelines. Dick J was not much different. All decent guys, all very capable OCs or DCs but not really head coaching material. You want your coach to be the leader before, during and after the game is over, win or lose, and be a presence. They have no presence. The few good coaches we have had ... Marv, Chuck Knox, & Lou Saban all had some charisma.

Dallas was the healthiest team in the NFL... no one on IR. So it's pretty tough to blame injuries for a poor performance. Minnesota was playing with a rookie MLB starting his 4th game. They didn't use that as an excuse.

this is hard to understand, I know

when Flozell Adams was in the game, he controlled Jared Allen

after he got hurt, the pass rush went wild

coincidence - I think not

this is hard to understand, I know

when Flozell Adams was in the game, he controlled Jared Allen

after he got hurt, the pass rush went wild

coincidence - I think not

LDE Edwards was the one consistently killing the Cowboys.

The adjustments you speak of were not made by Opie Garrett. Garrett is a master at coming up with a game plan during the week but he absolutely craps the bed when a wrench is thrown into his plan. Case in point, this week his o-line was getting destroyed and how many screens and draw plays did he run to offset the pressure? I remember one attempted screen where the backup LT was illegally downfield. How many times did he call mass protect and send a WR on a deep route to stretch the field? 0. I live in the heart of Cowboyland and the fans are upset with Opie and not Wade. And I have to agree. The one thing that can be put on the defense is their inability to turn the ball over, get a ball hawking safety and that's a championship defense.