Mort Report: Coaches around NFL leary of too much owner interference.

Big Turk

I heard it on WGR 550 driving home around 9 or 9:30PM tonite on ESPN radio...right after that he started talking with the Jets GM and basically licking his sack about how "aggressive" he was in the draft, free agency and in firing Mangini and hiring Ryan even tho Mangini had a winning record 2 out of 3 years... enough to make you wonder if he was wearing a Jets T-shirt under his work outfit...

Thanks.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe how many of you continue to be both skeptical and defensive about these kinds of reports. The circumstantial evidence of this type of behavior by Ralph has been gradually ad consistently mounting for years, yet some of you still profess disbelief. I guess you deserve the yearly hoodwinking you get from being a Bills fan.

Newsflash: Ralph is a meddling, petty, mercurial pain in the ass and no one wants to work for him. Get it through your skulls already people. And oh yeah, the reason that other meddling jerks like Snyder and JJ are able to attract talent is because they pay big money and are located in much more desirable locales.

And I will repeat my call for someone in the local media to write about this issue. It just amazes me that the national reporters get the scoop on Ralph's reputation and struggles but not the hometown crew. Maybe they're just afraid to print it, what a shame.

Fine. But how in the Fkcu do they explain Dan Snyder???????????????????????????????????????

This is made up and pulled from the wazoo. Reporters talk to *other reporters* and that's how this stuff comes up. Another Raiders is good for the news business...easy to write articles with little to no research required. All they have to do is bash them and they get readers. Much like these posts.

Fine. But how in the Fkcu do they explain Dan Snyder???????????????????????????????????????

He wants a coach and that coach is there is two Mother@##$$%^^ Days!!! :devil::sick::ph34r::bag:

Just like Dallas, you get paid a ton more and you get ANY players you want. It's a lot different that making an average salary and having average players and then having the owner tell you who should be returning kids and starting at RB.

Why would Marty want to compete against his son twice a year???? Anybody ever consider that?

Though I am certainly no fan of your amateurish antics thus far, that is a great point.

Marty is on his way out or is out for good, why would he want to tarnish in any way the rising star that is his son by game-planning to beat him twice every year?

The way these coaches pad their 'legacies' is becoming outrageous. I mean, we ALL want to walk into that dream job. Sometimes, YOU have be the one to make the job a dream.

Ok, then how 'bout this then>>>>>>>>>Jerry Jones paces on the sidelines glaring at the assistant coaches when the Cowboys are losing........how do you like them double-standards.

I wonder if he'll be pacing on the sidelines this weekend? You know, during round two of the playoffs?

There is no comparison between the Buffalo job and the Dallas job. Jones is the GM, but the Coach has his say. And if the coach doesn't deliver he's gone. What do you think Jones would have done at the end of last season if he owned the Bills? I doubt he would have kept Jauron. The guy may have a terrible rep around here, but 31 of 31 current NFL coaches would rather work for him than Ralph.

Here's a newflash.....THEY OWN THE !@#$ING TEAM! If I spent $800 million on a football team you can bet your ass the coach is explaining the gameplan to me.

And you'd be the owner of a mediocre team that hasn't made the playoffs in 10 seasons. Micromanagement doesn't work in ANY business.

I can't believe how many of you continue to be both skeptical and defensive about these kinds of reports. The circumstantial evidence of this type of behavior by Ralph has been gradually ad consistently mounting for years, yet some of you still profess disbelief. I guess you deserve the yearly hoodwinking you get from being a Bills fan.

Newsflash: Ralph is a meddling, petty, mercurial pain in the ass and no one wants to work for him. Get it through your skulls already people. And oh yeah, the reason that other meddling jerks like Snyder and JJ are able to attract talent is because they pay big money and are located in much more desirable locales.

And I will repeat my call for someone in the local media to write about this issue. It just amazes me that the national reporters get the scoop on Ralph's reputation and struggles but not the hometown crew. Maybe they're just afraid to print it, what a shame.

not a surprise since the local media has trouble reporting on most everything except writing mostly fluff pieces.

For beign paid to follow and report on the Bills, these guys should be embarassed by the lack of contacts and information they are able to publish. It seems if statements by the team are not spoonfed at a press conference, there is no other info

Though I am certainly no fan of your amateurish antics thus far, that is a great point.

Marty is on his way out or is out for good, why would he want to tarnish in any way the rising star that is his son by game-planning to beat him twice every year?

The way these coaches pad their 'legacies' is becoming outrageous. I mean, we ALL want to walk into that dream job. Sometimes, YOU have be the one to make the job a dream.

A savvy GM would have brought Marty and his son as a package with a transition plan. Working WITH his son is the only reason Marty would come back to coaching anyway.

Marty is a turnaround expert and his son is adept at identifying and developing young QBs.

Marty and Brian solve so many of the Bills problems, except the one at the top of the organization- which is why this is not even being considered.

Hey, I apologize for the rant last night. I usually do not get that worked up. Many times I am the voice of reason in an argument.....eventually we will all need somebody to reel us back in. I have loved this franchise for so long that I don't know what to do with myself sometimes.

You make a great argument. However, I find it hard to believe that Wilson (at 91 no less) is more imposing to an individual trying to do his job, than the sharp, steely eyed critic that is Jerry Jones.

Here's a newflash.....THEY OWN THE !@#$ING TEAM! If I spent $800 million on a football team you can bet your ass the coach is explaining the gameplan to me.

Well, you would be a bad owner,too.

BTW, Ralph did not pay $800 mil for the team and he is WAY too involved in the day to day football operations.

Remember a couple of years ago when Ralph said he was going to become more involved in the draft?

Are you f*ing kidding me?

RALPH replacing Flutie with Rob Johnson in Tennessee...the Wade Phillips "firing"... the league knows ALL about Ralph and his meddling- they know much more than we do about Ralph.

Hire good football people and let them do their job.

The single biggest reason the Bills coaching job is so unattractive is RALPH WILSON.

:devil:

Absolutely!

when you're stuck with a clown like jauron, how could you not interfere?

and who the hell OK'd his extension.

Wilson needs to go NOW.. otherwise it's going to be a long long long time before this franchise ever sniffs a winning season