RUMOR: Jim Kelly spoke w/Bill Cowher?

Punch

That's one way to look at it. Another is that Cowher, Grimm, the Schottenheimers, Frazier, Harbaugh, etc. are all candidates that the Bills are considering for their head coaching vacancy and that there is no "reading between the lines" to be done here.

I agree. In the business world they call this "due diligence". Get a list of candidate together. Interview each one. Weigh pros and cons etc. Don't tip our hand. There really is no big hurry here because we are the only opening. So we don't have to beat anyone to the punch so to speak. When the Bills hire someone they'll let us know. Until then it's all rumors, speculation, posturing, and negotiating. No one really knows whats going on except Buddy and his people at OBD.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

jim kelly said on the channel 7 , 5pm news that....decision is up to RW & RB...but says he respects Cowher....bill cowhers a big name...a motivator and teacher...he understands what is going on.......super bowl excperience not important

never said anything about kelly talking to cowher today

bills have asked and received permission to intereview Brian Schottenheimer.

russ grimm expected to deny interview request

Guest dog14787
My God this org is embarrassing. Jim Kelly is now making phone calls...seriously? I mean come on. The guy doesn't want the gig so drop it already.

I'll bet Cowher has been Kelly's gig all along and I can't think of anyone who could be more persuasive then Jim Kelly.

jim kelly said on the channel 7 , 5pm news that....decision is up to RW & RB...but says he respects Cowher....bill cowhers a big name...a motivator and teacher...he understands what is going on.......super bowl excperience not important

wait, Jk just said that the decision was up to RB&RW??? Are you kidding, he wants us to believe that those two are deliberating over the hire of Cohwer??? that can't be right??

nothing to see here..... :censored::huh:

Yup

but is the decision really up to RW and RB??? can't be, I thought the decision was up to Cowher??

sounds like JK is trying to spin it so the Bills still have some leverage?? I mean no one can really believe that a decision on this is up to Ralph and Russ - really, Ralph and Russ may "decide" to go with Frazier over Cowher??? Really?? that's a decision they might make???

yeah been waiting to hear from JK - JK is most cred voice at OBD - Praying to God he comes through

JK was the most cred voice during all four SB losses. Kelly needs to get off the pot. I like kelly. Own his Jersey and watched him for years. He was my hero growing up. If he really wants to help, start coaching the QBs or something. The Bills won't get a big name coach and I'm glad. Start with a young guy and whatever side he comes from, O or D, ensure you get a big name to coordinate the opposite.

but is the decision really up to RW and RB??? can't be, I thought the decision was up to Cowher??

sounds like JK is trying to spin it so the Bills still have some leverage?? I mean no one can really believe that a decision on this is up to Ralph and Russ - really, Ralph and Russ may "decide" to go with Frazier over Cowher??? Really?? that's a decision they might make???

He did interview well! :huh:

A few of the other Bills' message boards, including the one at BB.com, are indicating that Channel 7's Julie Fine spoke with Jim Kelly at Ilio Dipaolo's earlier today and he mentions having had discussions with Bill Cowher? Has anyone heard this? ALLEGEDLY this will be broadcast on Channel 7 at 5pm?

Even if this is true it could, of course, be nothing--- but it sounds interesting.

just heard kelly on the 6 pm news say he has NOT talked to Cower but he may call him because they are good friends!

i was there. Jim said he "might" pick up the phone to talk to Cowher. when asked again if he intends to, Jim reiterated that he might.

jw

thanks for clarifying john. good to have someone around these parts that we can trust. i've been reading some of the buffalo bills message board the last week (shame on me) with all these rumors floating around and it's awful how much misinformation these losers put out there just to amuse themselves.

We have all heard about this date Jan. 15th that Thurmon has been talking about. I have heard rumors that JK and a group of investors have been cleared to become owners of an NFL franchise by the league recently? Could this be happening on Jan. 15th? Might be one reason Jimbo has been involved so far with the coaching decision?

That is absolutely a decision they may make; RW doesn't want to reach in his pocket for Cowher dough.

He prays for Cowher to just say no.

never said anything about kelly talking to cowher today

Sounds like Buddy Nix is riding in the dickey seat on this clown car.