Frazier interviewing with Seattle. Or not. Or he is after all.

dgrid

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is quite telling, considering the Bills can hire him but not announce it until Minny is done.

It is.

Count me among those who are concerned that Frazier may be a product of his player personnel rather than any great talent on his part. I hope that's not the case, but it's a legitimate concern.

Well, I'd say it is telling. I couldn't see him turning down an interview if he already didn't have another one in place. I don't believe he really has the luxary to pick and choose jobs as some of the other big headliner coaches do.

To tell you the truth, I wouldn't be disappointed with this pick, I'd rather have Cowher, but it appears that he doesn't want to come here and Frazier has been sought after or at least heavily considered and vetted over the past couple of years.

I'm thinking this is our new head coach.

So within 1 hour of Jim Mora being fired... Seattle has managed to reach out to HC candidates AND they don't even have a General Manager?

Maybe Frazier decline because he looks at them and theres no GM, or maybe its just speculation.

Maybe he declined b/c his team will be playing next week and game planning for it's opponent after this weekends game.

The one thing that this seemingly flies in the face of is the claim by Buddy Nix that having head coaching experience would give candidates an advantage. The reason that I bring this up is because, while it didn't necessarily mean that he'd hire a previous head coach before making a choice, you'd think he'd at least interview one. And we know that Brian Billick, at the very least, wanted an interview.

If we hire a Leslie Frazier type, I'm willing to give it a shot. If we hire a Leslie Frazier type without even interviewing some candidates with previous experience, I'm livid.

It immediately sets up Buddy Nix as a liar. In the very first thing he does. They can't do that right now.

NEWS ALERT:

Chris Mortenson is on ESPN right now and says Seattle's target is Pete Carrol (USC Head Coach) and that Leslie Frazier decline Seattle because he felt is was just to meet the ROONEY Rule

If this is true, then good for him (Frazier). I don't know why African-American coaching candidates would want to be obvious token interviews in the first place. He's the first one I've heard of that had the balls to call a team on it.

Well, I'd say it is telling. I couldn't see him turning down an interview if he already didn't have another one in place. I don't believe he really has the luxary to pick and choose jobs as some of the other big headliner coaches do.

To tell you the truth, I wouldn't be disappointed with this pick, I'd rather have Cowher, but it appears that he doesn't want to come here and Frazier has been sought after or at least heavily considered and vetted over the past couple of years.

I think Perry would have been just as good as a choice, IF Frazier is hired. A new O-coach and some better players back from injuries.A better draft with Buddy helping. You never know.

NEWS ALERT:

Chris Mortenson is on ESPN right now and says Seattle's target is Pete Carrol (USC Head Coach) and that Leslie Frazier decline Seattle because he felt is was just to meet the ROONEY Rule

Thank God for the Mort insight! I really don't want Frazier -

For the love of Logan, WTF is going on here?!? :thumbsup:

This insanity needs to end, so I can return to my job!

Give Cowher the damn key to the city already!!

he was passed over BY THE RAMS!!!!!!

Don't forget Detroit, too.

Rejected by the woeful Rams and pathetic Lions? Sounds like our type of coach!

Can't wait to see how the boys at OBD try to spin this one.

We don't know how this is going to turn out (whether he's the choice and if so whether he'll be any good), but just think for a second about what you're typing.

What you've said is you want your team to follow the lead of the Rams and Lions. These are obviously two well run organizations and we should model ourselves after them.

Really?

Russ Grimm turned down our interview without anything else lined up.

Nobody know what these guys are thinking. Maybe Frazier felt that he did not have enough time to study their roster and their situation to be prepared for an interview this week.

Who knows. I still Billieve we are getting Bill Cowher.

NEWS ALERT:

Logical reason... Thanks for the info