Cowher the Cowher is Cowher for Cowher in Cowher's Cowher

bills_red

And just think about 2006. There were confirmed reports of interviews with Dick Jauron, Dom Capers, Mike Sherman, Jim Caldwell, Bobby April, and James Lofton. The lack of information now makes a strong case that the Bills are trying their hardest to bag Cowher, Marty, or maybe Billick.

I personally think Billick is not a target... I mean he hasn't even been contacted by the Bills. I wouldn't doubt if the Bills have see his "Who would want to coach in Buffalo" comment and said "no way we contact this guy"

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a tough one to call alright. Seems to me that the man wants to coach again this year and I'm thinking that in all probability coaching the Bills doesn't scare him IF he can settle a few sticking points..... like his salary, money for his coaches, overall power and authority in draft selections and personnel in general, etc. If Ralph gives in to his demands maybe we finally see Cowher as THE MAN the Bills have been looking for!!

IF he was going to be the coach.He would be signed by now. And we still wouldn`t be LOOKING. :w00t::lol:

Conversely, if he wasn't going to be the coach, he would have said "no," by now. He hasn't. Shanahan and Holmgren are the only ones who have said "no." Everyone else, including Bill Cowher, is a viable candidate.

Conversely, if he wasn't going to be the coach, he would have said "no," by now. He hasn't. Shanahan and Holmgren are the only ones who have said "no." Everyone else, including Bill Cowher, is a viable candidate.

And Holmgren only said no to coaching.

I still think Cowher will be coaching the Bills until they hire somebody else. As long as Cowher gets his player budget and no cash to the cap crap it will be a done deal.

Most teams use 'cash to cap' and there probably will not be a cap next year so that may be irrelevant.

we aren't the only ones who have used billboards, just the first to use them "successfully". per PFT

Recently, billboards have become a popular way of sending a message to NFL teams.

They've been used by fans in Cincinnati who want the Bengals to hire a G.M., by fans in Oakland who want owner Al Davis to hire a G.M., and by fans in Chicago who want the team to fire coach Lovie Smith and G.M. Jerry Angelo.

Of course, none of the three billboards brought about the desired changes.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...ag-bill-cowher/

This is putting the "Cowhert" before the horse, so to speak, but if Cowher is the guy who are some coordinators he might look at? One that jumps out to me is Jim Haslett, who was Cowher's d-coordinator in the late 90s I believe. While I agree with most people here that Haslett is not a good head coaching fit for the Bills, I'd love to see him as DC.

According to Jason LaCanfora's Twitter post, Haslett will interview for the Redskins defensive coordinator post:

JasonLaCanfora — skins plan to interview Jim Haslett next week for def coord job. also very interested in Mike Zimmer.

I think we look like !@#$ing idiots for doing another sign.

This is my feeling. Do you think Cowher doesn't know that there are only about three or four teams in the league that wouldn't love to get him as a coach? Do you think he's unaware of that? Do you think Ralph can't read the newspapers? He knows too.

This is only so the people putting up the billboard can get their name in the papers. That is the only impact this will have.

This is putting the "Cowhert" before the horse, so to speak, but if Cowher is the guy who are some coordinators he might look at? One that jumps out to me is Jim Haslett, who was Cowher's d-coordinator in the late 90s I believe. While I agree with most people here that Haslett is not a good head coaching fit for the Bills, I'd love to see him as DC.

According to Jason LaCanfora's Twitter post, Haslett will interview for the Redskins defensive coordinator post:

This is why they need to sh*t or get off the pot. Getting top notch coordinators is equally as important the head coach. Totally agree on Haslett as a D.C. They really need to get moving.

Guest dog14787
This is my feeling. Do you think Cowher doesn't know that there are only about three or four teams in the league that wouldn't love to get him as a coach? Do you think he's unaware of that? Do you think Ralph can't read the newspapers? He knows too.

This is only so the people putting up the billboard can get their name in the papers. That is the only impact this will have.

Sometimes corny things still have a way of touching someones heart.

I think showering Bill Cowher with roses would also be endearing, but I have the feeling a decision is going to be made real soon and it really doesn't matter what we do as fans except maybe some earnest praying to the football Gods,

and beg the magic flute for forgiveness while your at it :w00t: