Cowher the Cowher is Cowher for Cowher in Cowher's Cowher

bills_red

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it's the hiring of Buddy Nix as the GM, after they went after high profile Shanny and Cowher, that makes me laugh. And oh by the way, I'm not the only one, listen to or read up on Sully's recent thoughts on the Buddy Nix hiring. It's like they made a cursery effort to go after the best, and when that didn't work, they stopped interviewing young, sharp minded EXECUTIVES around the NFL, and just handed the GM job to good ol' Buddy who just happened to be already working at One Bills Drive. How could I be the only one to see this? Ralph should have said; "Since Russ and I could not get the coaches we wanted, we have now settled on 70 year old Buddy to do the job for us." Like I said, typical.

But I still don't get it (why you are pissed). You say they are acting typical and that bothers you. Well, Ralph's going after a big name coach and willing to offer big bucks. That's not typical. Then they hire a GM that is as qualified talent evaluator that is out there. he just so happens to have been in the organization during some good years and came back last year. that's not typical.

You're anger seems to be clouding your judgement. There are plenty of things to be mad about when it comes to the Bill but this isn't one. However, you are entitled to your opinion.

We have supported this train wreck of a team through good and (mostly) bad. Just imagine if Bill Cowher comes here, and turns us into a perennial playoff contender in just a year or two. We really are that close. Two special team errors from being 8-8 and on the cusp of the playoffs. Bring in a coach thats a proven winner with proven philosophies and I can't wait to see what this team does.

LETS MAKE BUFFALO A WINNER AGAIN BILL!!!

Imagine your legacy once you take us to and win the long overdue super bowl hell maybe two or three. You would have turned a once proud buffalo bills back into a winner and you already gave the Steelers one for the thumb. You would own the cities of Buffalo and Pittsburgh and could even make a political run (see Jack Kemp) if you wanted too. imagine the crowd at your hall of fame ceremony. they would have to make the stadium bigger. In case you didn't know us bills fans are the reason they moved the ceremony to the stadium. By the way how many Panther fans come that ceremony I can count them on my hand. Wouldn't it be fun to tell all your friends I took the bills not the cowpokes, Deadskins or Panthers but the bills to the top of the league. Hell you could call Shanny and say you a@# buffalo was the best job out there, how's that whole Danny boy situation going. Hell look at Jimbo Kelly he Stuck his nose and went to the USFL only to fall in love with this town and it's awesome fan base. Remember we sell out this old wreck of a stadium. how about all those Cowher jerseys in the stands. Not many coaches have that. In final could you please sign up to help us fans we derserve better and your it so come on Applebee's on me.

the 12th man

Mr Cower alll of Western NY needs you, they might even build a statue down in the Central Souther Tier for you! :D

dear cow her,

u suck sir. i dont even know how to spell your name, thats how bad u are. u are a female cow.

15 seasons, 1 superbowl. i bet if i coached any team for as long as you had the steelers, i would have more superbowls than you.

did u have your players smoke before big games, because for a long time, THEY CHOCKED!

I GUARANTEE U COULDNT TURN THIS TEAM AROUND.

right now u are heading towards the hall of fame.

dont take the bills job unless you're ready for the hall of lame.

remember: THERE IS NOTHING U CAN DO. U WILL NEVER TURN THE BILLS INTO A WINNING OPERATION. SO DONT TRY IT.

:D

marv levy is king here. dont touch his turf.

Oh one more thing there Big Bill....... us good ole boys in Buffalo? We're the marrying kind.

(I think he has a daughter)

Trying to entice Cowher to come to Buffalo by touting TSW regulars as ideal matches for Cowher's daughter = overplaying your hand, big time.

You always try to negotiate from a position of STRENGTH.

Nice job SunTan.

So here's the thing....

What we are really talking about here:

$7M more a year for the head coach

$5M more for the staff ($1M for each coordinator position and maybe $200K-300K more for the assistants)

$20M more in bonus and salary money for the players

That's $32M

Toronto Revenue stays the same for the next couple of years at about $15.75M per year

Bills operating profit today is about $25M (The Toronto money plus about $10M)

To keep the revenue at $25M we would need to find $32M in revenue..but lets assume Ralph will split the difference with us fans--we pay half and he cuts his revenue to $16M a year...

Each game day generates about $60 per fan in net per game (Concessions, parking, ticket price suites, etc. included) -- we have 9 X 73,000 per seat to work with to drive the added $16M. Thats..$24 per seat more add in higher concession prices and parking prices...the ticket price has to go up by about 3/4 that amount -- or $18 per seat/game. $18 x 9 - $162 a year

So my question is -- would you be willing to pay about $160 more per seat per year to get Bill Cowher and split the difference so that Ralph remains in the black. I am..

Let's get this !@#$ing deal done.

Nice Job with the Math.....

Ill pay and travel to many games

Cowher is probably the only HC candidate that can command in his contract the ability to bypass Brandon on spending for players. Unless the new HC has that ability, the CEO will probaby have the final say on football player signings and salaries.

i wish i had written this...but i wish even more that our dreams come true and Bill accepts the challenge...a challenge that so many other coaches are AFRAID to take...want to go somewhere for the quickest ring, like they don't have confidence in their abilities as coaches and teachers. the whole reason they got into this profession!

Cowher is 100% the ideal man for the job...guarantee we sell out the year and become instant contenders at least for the division. Give him more control of personnel is thats what he wants..he'll make it work.

"Marty Schottenheimer, on the intro segment of his Sirius show just said that Cowher to Buffalo is a STRONG possibility! Said he believes it would be a great fit.

He was not responding to a caller. He brought up the topic on his own at the outset of the show. "

Anyone here hear this or able to give a more accurate desciption or confirm they heard the same thing???

i just heard the feed, my buddy recorded it.....verbatim....marty said "i think that there is a reasonable or er possibility that Bill Cowher will in fact, become the head coach of the buffalo bills. he is a perfect fit"

dear cow her,

u suck sir. i dont even know how to spell your name, thats how bad u are. u are a female cow.

15 seasons, 1 superbowl. i bet if i coached any team for as long as you had the steelers, i would have more superbowls than you.

did u have your players smoke before big games, because for a long time, THEY CHOCKED!

remember: THERE IS NOTHING U CAN DO. U WILL NEVER TURN THE BILLS INTO A WINNING OPERATION. SO DONT TRY IT.

This is new...

Reverse psychology much? :worthy:

dear cow her,

what?

so, uh, what do we do if Marv Levy circa 1991 isn't available?

dear cow her,

.... I just wanted to let ya know a Cow is female a Bull is male..U said he is a female cow..lol

dear cow her,

There are times that someone should be shot to put them out of their misery, the person who posted this topic is one of those rare circumstances

Imagine your legacy once you take us to and win the long overdue super bowl hell maybe two or three. You would have turned a once proud buffalo bills back into a winner and you already gave the Steelers one for the thumb. You would own the cities of Buffalo and Pittsburgh and could even make a political run (see Jack Kemp) if you wanted too. imagine the crowd at your hall of fame ceremony. they would have to make the stadium bigger. In case you didn't know us bills fans are the reason they moved the ceremony to the stadium. By the way how many Panther fans come that ceremony I can count them on my hand. Wouldn't it be fun to tell all your friends I took the bills not the cowpokes, Deadskins or Panthers but the bills to the top of the league. Hell you could call Shanny and say you a@# buffalo was the best job out there, how's that whole Danny boy situation going. Hell look at Jimbo Kelly he Stuck his nose and went to the USFL only to fall in love with this town and it's awesome fan base. Remember we sell out this old wreck of a stadium. how about all those Cowher jerseys in the stands. Not many coaches have that. In final could you please sign up to help us fans we derserve better and your it so come on Applebee's on me.

the 12th man

Awesome post Suntan :D

Well, like everyone else in the western world, they probably assumed Shanny wanted a say in GM decision-making, either directly or through his hand-picked GM. So, why would Ralph and Russ pick a GM BEFORE talking with Shanny. Given the title he just took with the Redskins, a sort of co-GM with Allen, Ralph and Russ would have been correct in this thinking.

Now, the interesting thing is the timing of the Cowher visit and the promotion of Nix. It can be assumed that Cowher may also have wanted final say in GM type decisions. Given that within days after visiting with Cowher, Nix gets promoted, and Cowher has yet to come out and distance himself from the Bills job, the natural deduction is that the Nix promotion may have been floated to Cowher who did not reject the idea. Hmmmm.

Agree on both counts.

I think they went big game hunting, with Shanahan and Cowher at the top of the list. It jives with Nix's statement at his presser (which was very unique in my recollection) that the coaching search is like drafting, where you put your choices on the board and target #1 until he's no longer an option, then go to #2, etc. Shanahan was known to have wanted near full control so if you're big game hunting you DON'T fill the GM job until you have to cross Shanahan off the list.

Next to Cowher, who reportedly requires less direct personnel say. And as you say, within days after visiting with Cowher, Nix gets promoted, meaning whoever they were targeting would not require full control. And Cowher has yet to come out and distance himself from the Bills job, in fact just yesterday Carucci was quoted as saying the Bills hard sell on Cowher IS ONGOING. BY DEFINITION THIS MEANS HE HASN'T SAID NO.

This could fall in either direction still, but I stand by my belief that as of today the Bills are still hunting big game and taking steps in the right order to make the spot as attractive as possible to their targets.

Assuming that their initial decision to go "big game hunting" was the right move, I have no complaints with the tactics they are using to date.