Cowher the Cowher is Cowher for Cowher in Cowher's Cowher

bills_red

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was awesome...I turn on wgr550 am almost like I'm scratching off a scratch off instant lottery ticket...hoping I break into a press conference announcing the hiring of Bill Cowher !!! He's a northeast type of gritty coach..with the chin...the attitude...he's not the laid back Tampa kinda guy...that's more Tony Dungy's persona. Even though Pittsburgh may be better off economically than Buffalo...They are more similar and Buffalo is in need of a fiery, fire-spitting coach like Bill Cowher. He would light a fire under the a%$#s of MANY of the players that need it. I'd bet they be at least 8-8 or better next year even with the players they currently have...but there needs to be some purging and good drafting..and hopefully Buddy Nix will fix this problem! So where does Tom Modrak fit in now?? Is he still in the organization?? Maybe he needs to walk away ( or run if he can). Please give me a late xmas present Mr. Wilson, Hire Bill Cowher!!

"He is imminently qualified for the job," Carucci said of Frazier.

Ugh. :D

Imminent = about to happen.

Eminent = famous or respected within a particular sphere

As in, "Despite my clicking refresh on TBD every five minutes, the arrival of an eminent head coach is not imminent in Buffalo."

As in, "Despite my clicking refresh on TBD every five minutes, the arrival of an eminent head coach is not imminent in Buffalo."

Whew. Nice to know there are at least a few educated folks on here.

Why do people keep feeling the need to say that Frazier is so qualified for the job? It's so patronizing. No one is disputing whether he is qualified. The question is whether he is the most qualified and the best fit overall.

How many times has this been posted now?

every hear of reading around before posting things?

I posted this thread 20 minutes after this was posted at WGRZ.com.

Ever hear of checking a time stamp?

How many times has this been posted now?

every hear of reading around before posting things?

I've been reading other stories via my blackberry today so I may have missed it, but this is the first story I've read so far that quoted Carucci stating the Bills are MAKING AN ONGOING EFFORT to land Cowher. Getting that part confirmed and updated, was news to ME.

Only question is who made the mistake - Kilgore or Carucci?

this is great:

someone with 11 posts, offers a thread that's been discussed in about 1 million other threads today.

and he gets someone with 51 posts to bite and respond.

and it takes someone with 68 posts to wonder what's going on.

me, i'm approaching 1,000 and hanging out for kicks.

jw

for those wondering, here are the topics that have already been covered:

-- T.O. Hitler video, yeah, it was funny.

-- Who should start at quarterback, still undecided, though some still think it should be Flutie.

-- Maybin, when will he sign. ... well, he signed in August.

-- Maybin, when will he start ... dunno.

-- Bills and Toronto, it's a matter of time before they relocate.

-- Bills in Los Angeles, it's a matter of time before they relocate.

-- What happens to the team when owner dies.

-- We're doomed.

-- Hey, where's SKOOBY.

-- The media are a bunch of hacks.

-- No they're not.

-- Bill Cowher.

-- Leslie Frazier.

-- Or do you mean Fraser from TV?

-- Time to fire (Fill in the blank name, trust, me, they've all been named in one thread or another.)

-- We're more than doomed.

-- IEATCRAYONZ is always good for a laugh, so check out the one he had about how losing to non-conference opponents improves a team's chances to contend for the playoffs.

-- T.O. Hitler video, anyone see that (part duh) ....

ADD: and by the time i got through writing this, there's already 10 responses before I got here, talking about all the same old stuff. funny. too funny.

and hey, an even, 1000.

this is great:

someone with 11 posts, offers a thread that's been discussed in about 1 million other threads today.

jw

-- Who should start at quarterback, still undecided, though some still think it should be Flutie.

-- We're doomed.

-- Hey, where's SKOOBY.

-- No they're not.

-- Bill Cowher.

-- Leslie Frazier.

-- Time to fire (Fill in the blank name, trust, me, they've all been named in one thread or another.)

-- IEATCRAYONZ is always good for a laugh, so check out the one he had about how losing to non-conference opponents improves a team's chances to contend for the playoffs.

ADD: and by the time i got through writing this, there's already 10 responses before I got here, talking about all the same old stuff. funny. too funny.

You forgot the Chroise. :D

this is great:

jw

-- We're doomed.

-- Hey, where's SKOOBY.

-- No they're not.

-- Bill Cowher.

-- Leslie Frazier.

I'm not trying to get under anyone's skin. This report was brand new. When i posted the story here, it has been posted on WGRZ for only 20 minutes.

I'm not trying to get under anyone's skin. This report was brand new. When i posted the story here, it has been posted on WGRZ for only 20 minutes.

no problem, but could you edit/spell his name right in the thread title.......mispelled threads are leading 78-54.....lol

this is great:

jw

-- We're doomed.

-- Hey, where's SKOOBY.

-- No they're not.

-- Bill Cowher.

-- Leslie Frazier.

and hey, an even, 1000.

I personally like the thread where he was calling Puz a cheater for playing with a steel plate in his forearm. That it gave him advantage on the field. :D That one was classic.

Whatever John...

So now we have Carucci stating the following: "I do know that the Bills have not let up in their pursuit and have tried very hard - and are trying very hard - to convince him to come to the Bills," Carucci said.

So if this is accurate, it means that COWHER HASN'T SAID NO TO THE BILLS YET. And with the Bills in limbo, they fly out to Minneapolis to meet Frazier. Not only that, but they have Chris Brown parrotting media stories about the "business trip" on his blog.

Since Cowher is still apparently playing coy with the Bills, might the Bills' trip to Minneapolis be an effort to show Cowher it's put-up or shut-up time? Hopefully they have already thrown out the carrot ($$$) and now they're reaching for the stick.

He also said that he was talking to one of the potential head coaching candidates who's on the lists going around and the guy said he was disappointed in their hiring of Buddy Nix.

The first obvious question is...who was it that said that to King? The other question is...is he going to accept an interview, and possibly the head coaching job, from the Bills?

The show is rebroadcast at 6:30 on ESPN2, for those who wish to see it.

Whatever John...

So now we have Carucci stating the following: "I do know that the Bills have not let up in their pursuit and have tried very hard - and are trying very hard - to convince him to come to the Bills," Carucci said.

So if this is accurate, it means that COWHER HASN'T SAID NO TO THE BILLS YET. And with the Bills in limbo, they fly out to Minneapolis to meet Frazier. Not only that, but they have Chris Brown parrotting media stories about the "business trip" on his blog.

Since Cowher is still apparently playing coy with the Bills, might the Bills' trip to Minneapolis be an effort to show Cowher it's put-up or shut-up time? Hopefully they have already thrown out the carrot ($$$) and now they're reaching for the stick.

The AP has never reported he's pulled out of the running, and in fact had several mentions to him in today's two stories on Perry and Frazier. by process of elimination, that means he's not out.

jw