Looking more like Billick everyday

VABills

All Buddy has to do now is... call the guy. Because according to Billick, the Bills haven't even contacted him yet. Funny how Martz and Billick openly state they want the job, but don't get calls. While Shanny and Cowher get all the attention and want to be any where else.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/blogs/blue-star/Shan...p-80796127.html

Speculating that no matter what happens with Dallas, Wade is sticking there. Says Billick is pushing real hard for the Bills gig.

I guess we could do worse, and if he brings a solid set of coordinators we should be playoff bound in 2 seasons.

If the reports are true that the Bills are NOT interested in Billick then I don't get it. Nix is leaning towards a coach with experience and there's a HC with a Super Bowl ring who maybe would like to come here. I'm not saying hire him but to not even give him an interview (or a freakin call) makes no sense.

If the reports are true that the Bills are NOT interested in Billick then I don't get it. Nix is leaning towards a coach with experience and there's a HC with a Super Bowl ring who maybe would like to come here. I'm not saying hire him but to not even give him an interview (or a freakin call) makes no sense.

C'Mon this is the Buffalo Bills here when is the last time they med sense. :wallbash::thumbsup:

I do agree if the guy wants the job at least call him. Billick does the smart thing and surrounds himself with a good staff, and i wouldent mind that at all

I'd love to have Billick here as next coach of Bills. Come on Buddy, don't be stupid.

Even if Nix had Billick as his second choice, why make the guy who wants the job (and has no other options) feel needed when it comes down to negotiations?

Bills know they must shovel a boatload to Cowher, so there's not much room for playing games. It will essentially come down to whether Cowher gives them a number and if the Bills will agree. Billick is a totally different negotiating situation that would favor the team. If anything, Billick should play it a bit cooler (but then again, whatever he's paid has to be more than what he's making now).

It might have something to do with him saying "Why would anybody want the Buffalo job?" on national television.

Not saying that he doesn't want it now, and Jimbo changed his mind on Buffalo, too... but do you think Ralph, Buddy, and Brandon are going to go to him first after he says something like that?

http://www.nbcdfw.com/blogs/blue-star/Shan...p-80796127.html

Speculating that no matter what happens with Dallas, Wade is sticking there. Says Billick is pushing real hard for the Bills gig.

I guess we could do worse, and if he brings a solid set of coordinators we should be playoff bound in 2 seasons.

What's odd is that a SB coach wants to come to Buffalo and the Bills don't want him.

Or maybe that's not odd.

I don't love Billick but he could turn around the attitude (from a loser's to a winner's) and toughness (from soft to hard). At the very least, he can put the Bills back on track to something.

At least interview the guy.

This is exactly why I believe there is the slightest glimmer of hope that Cowher is a possibility. If not Cowher, I believe the Bills already know who the next coach is going to be. Otherwise, I believe Billick would at least get an interview. Maybe one of their targets has already said yes but Buddy is waiting on Cowher's final answer. As soon as Cowher gives no, their other target will get hired.

Billick is a smart guy and he knows his stuff. His achilles heel seemed to be evaulating QB's.

I hope he has learned from the past. I like the fact that he is not intimidated by the task in front of him. Cowher seems as thought he may be some what intimidated. When I hear things like he would like to have security in the QB position. He doesn't come off like Parcells that jumped at the opportunity to rebuild a 1-15 Dolphins team.

I wouldn't mind seeing Billick in the role.

I don't want Marty's kid Brian...not at HC anyway.

How about Billick at HC, Martz at OC and Crennel at DC.

What's odd is that a SB coach wants to come to Buffalo and the Bills don't want him.

Or maybe that's not odd.

I don't love Billick but he could turn around the attitude (from a loser's to a winner's) and toughness (from soft to hard). At the very least, he can put the Bills back on track to something.

At least interview the guy.

Or that Ralph Wilson has a long history of holding grudges. Who knows, Billick may have rubbed him the wrong way at some point in his career, or Ralph didn't take kindly to Billick's statement few weeks ago that nobody would be interested in the Bills job given the situation. Knock on the franchise like that, is what's probably keeping Hasslett off the short list.

Assuming Cowher is our #1 guy .... and assuming Billick does in fact want the job ...

If I were the Bills GM (which I'm not) I'd give Cowher my best pitch and lay my best offer on the table and tell him to make up his mind because we have other options. If he really doesn't want to come to Buffalo we may have somebody who does .... and then either hire him or move on to Billick.

Don't get me wrong I'd LOVE Cowher to be our next coach .... but only if he wanted to coach the Bills and face the challenge of turning the team around. If he is enticed to become our next head coach based purely on a kings ransom for pay, a piece of the team, and constant ego boosts ... then we are hiring the wrong guy.

I want the next head coach to look at this team and say ... "I know we suck, but I sure would love the challenge to make the the team better"

What I love about Billick is how much he wants the Bills job. Even so much as to start recruiting staff IN CASE he gets the job in Buffalo. (Notice how he says if he gets the job in Buffalo and not just any HC job)

Most of all, unlike Cowher, it's not about the money. I truly believe that if someone only becomes a HC because of the money offered, you have to wonder, how much they will care about the team. Players are not stupid. They can tell when a coach isnt dedicated to a team and they will stop responding to him.

I think that if Billick does come here, he will bring passion, optimism, organization and a strong sense of leadership.

Plus with the money we would save by hiring him as HC, we could use the extra money to pay top tier coordinators

All Buddy has to do now is... call the guy. Because according to Billick, the Bills haven't even contacted him yet. Funny how Martz and Billick openly state they want the job, but don't get calls. While Shanny and Cowher get all the attention and want to be any where else.

Sounds like my prom night all over again.

Sounds like my prom night all over again.

It's more like going to the bar. The hot chick maybe who you want to go home with, but if you can get a decent chick right away go for it. Makes it a little easier to have fun and enjoy they night. if you wait too long, you may wind up wind up with the really ugly wart faced whale.

It's more like going to the bar. The hot chick maybe who you want to go home with, but if you can get a decent chick right away go for it. Makes it a little easier to have fun and enjoy they night. if you wait too long, you may wind up wind up with the really ugly wart faced whale.

Oh my god you just described my college years in one paragraph.

Billick is a smart guy and he knows his stuff. His achilles heel seemed to be evaulating QB's.

I hope he has learned from the past. I like the fact that he is not intimidated by the task in front of him. Cowher seems as thought he may be some what intimidated. When I hear things like he would like to have security in the QB position. He doesn't come off like Parcells that jumped at the opportunity to rebuild a 1-15 Dolphins team.

I wouldn't mind seeing Billick in the role.

I don't want Marty's kid Brian...not at HC anyway.

How about Billick at HC, Martz at OC and Crennel at DC.

On the other hand, he did it without a QB. Exactly what the Bills have!