unsubstantiated rumors thread: COWER TO BUFFALO!!

At this rate, he won't be coaching until 2012. The threat of a lockout in 2011 is VERY real and a big reason why teams aren't making HC'ing changes like they otherwise would have done. And after 5 years away from the game, his value diminishes greatly.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are conflicting reports about Cowher.

From Buffalo Rumblings Twitter acct:

"Rumor has it BUF "spurned" Cowher on Monday. Rumor also has it he'll be in BUF Tuesday. Translation: no one knows what the hell's going on."

We'll have to wait and see. I am still hopeful it will be Cowher. For all the talk about Billick, he has confirmed numerous times that he has not spoken to the Bills and Schottenheimer said he has not spoken to Buddy Nix other than to leave him a congratulatory voicemail.

"Rumor has it BUF "spurned" Cowher on Monday. Rumor also has it he'll be in BUF Tuesday. Translation: no one knows what the hell's going on."

We'll have to wait and see. I am still hopeful it will be Cowher. For all the talk about Billick, he has confirmed numerous times that he has not spoken to the Bills and Schottenheimer said he has not spoken to Buddy Nix other than to leave him a congratulatory voicemail.

Right, but let's keep posting every single rumor out there. Someone's got to be right eventually...

I have a hard time believing the "spurned" story. When were they supposed to have a big meeting with Cowher? After they fired all the coaches but before the interviewed their Rooney candidate?

Jim Kelly and Steve Tasker live in East Aurora, maybe Kelly leaked some info or Tasker who is in broadcasting wanted to get the scoop out.

Yes Kelly and Tasker live in East Aurora but I highly doubt they would report it to the East Aurora town news to get it out