Edwards will start next year

Just can't see Edwards starting. First, because he is not credible. Edwards is part of the culture of the past. Futile decision making in terms of risk/reward and timing. A relevant option as a back up perhaps but Fitzpatrick and Brohm are also worth speculating on for those backup spots.

A true Starter is warranted NOW. Whether or not he starts immediately is another story. The criticism of Edwards is legit and not misplaced. Unless Nix thinks the first step in correcting problems is accepting the fact that some improvements may come by managing the failures of the past while new talent matures he may be pressed to stand pat or look to free agency. Can anyone say Mike Vick???? :thumbsup:

The aftermath of this past decade will not evaporate. It will take years to build a dominant "decade team". Pressing with a rookie quarterback and unproven O-line could be devastating to the rookies' development. We have been patient and revenge will come on those teams that have a sense of security in the top tiers of the league. We can't set our wrist watches for this next season being a contender year, but I don't see Thurman and Kelly or any proven head coach putting their pride and reputations on the line by backing Nix as just another stunt of the money making machine. :censored:

I hope so, but they may not start him on opening day, especially if it is someone like Pike that needs developing.

i am not opposed to bringing in a veteran for 2 years and then drafting a qb later. bottom line buffalo will be drafting a top qb next yr in rd 1 or 2

I also think Edwards has a good chance of starting. I new GM & Coach will look at adding a few key pieces that will have an immediate impact and think they can develop Although, I agree with other posters that have stated that he hasnt been the same since the Arizona concussion and might be permanently damaged goods.

Right or wrong most NFL execs think there were too many problems working against Edwards this past year to hold this debacle against him and give up on a once promising career.

dude, ryan fitzpatrick beat out TE.... RYAN FITZPATRICK!!!!!!!!! R U KIDDING ME........ the bills will draft a franchise qb in the draft..

We are done with Trent. He was Jauron and Levy's guy. New gm new coaching staff = new qb. Not to mention the fan revolt that would ignite. I like the thought of Jimmy Claussen...cold weather qb. Bring in CW as the OC. Trade back up to 1st rnd and grab a LT DT or LB, whichever they determine is the most pressing need.

See Buddy this is easy!!!!!

We are done with Trent. He was Jauron and Levy's guy. New gm new coaching staff = new qb. Not to mention the fan revolt that would ignite. I like the thought of Jimmy Claussen...cold weather qb. Bring in CW as the OC. Trade back up to 1st rnd and grab a LT DT or LB, whichever they determine is the most pressing need.

See Buddy this is easy!!!!!

Claussen may not be on the board when the Bills pick. Not always so easy. If not for Pitt, Big Ben would be a Bill.

Claussen may not be on the board when the Bills pick. Not always so easy. If not for Pitt, Big Ben would be a Bill.

And if he had been a Bill, his career might be over at this point, knowing our reputation for destroying QB's.

I am hoping the Rams select Bradford and the Skins grind it out with Campbell another season.

Pipe dream......I know.

I just don't like the idea of Bradford.....didn't play in cold weather in college. Lets not make the same mistake...again.

MOST? I don't think so.

How many QBs will have started all 16 games this season? Not a ton.

Tony Romo, Eli Manning, Jason Campbell, Jay Cutler, Aaron Rodgers, Brett Favre, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Kyle Orton, Phillip Rivers, Joe Flacco, Carson Palmer, Matt Schaub, David Gerrard, and possibly Peyton Manning, unless they bench him this week (which is a very real possibility).

So only 14 (maybe 15) out of 32 teams had a QB start all 16 games. Therefore MOST teams do not have a QB that starts every game.

dude, ryan fitzpatrick beat out TE.... RYAN FITZPATRICK!!!!!!!!! R U KIDDING ME........ the bills will draft a franchise qb in the draft..

not sure he beat him out, just Edwards was benched. Except for 1-2 plays, Fitzpatrick has not really played any better than Edwards. They both have played poorly.

No way in hell he starts. Nix has seen the mess we have at QB and said last night we need a really strong armed QB for the weather in Buffalo.

How many games have been affected by the weather this year? You need a QB with a strong arm no matter where you play.

Edwards is the best QB on the roster at the moment if a new coach can coach him up. That said, if he does start, I have $10 that says he doesn't start ALL 16 games.

If that's the case why wasn't he playing?

Edwards will NOT even be on the Bills next year.

Arguing this stupid point that Edwards will be the Bills starter next year is just asinine. If you Edwards supporters can't see or understand why Edwards is not starting/playing at all, then one has to really question your football knowledge.

I agree that TE is still the best on OUR roster but his confidence is shattered and that's been evident since last season. It's possible a different coach could restore that confidence but once restored will it remain intact when things inevitably go south as they do for every QB. I have my doubts. More than any other attribute, confidence is the most important quality a QB needs.

GO BILLS!!!

This is all pure speculation. No one knows who's gonna start next year since we don't even have a non-interim head coach yet (and by Monday or Tuesday we probably won't have a head coach, period). If Fewell weren't so freakin' in love with Fitz (and misguidedly thinking an ugly win on Sunday could save his job) we might see some more of Brohm who wasn't great, but wasn't horrible either (honestly, it's hard to judge when the offense is hardly ever on the field).

If that's the case why wasn't he playing?

Edwards will NOT even be on the Bills next year.

Arguing this stupid point that Edwards will be the Bills starter next year is just asinine. If you Edwards supporters can't see or understand why Edwards is not starting/playing at all, then one has to really question your football knowledge.

News flash... there is a new GM and Coach coming in. The fact that Perry Fewell and the current staff moved to Fitz is irrelevant as to whether Edwards will start next year. I believe popular opinion outside of the organization is that his play this year was a product of the trainwreck around him. I think he still has potential but agree that a fresh start might be what this team needs.

To quote Buddy Nix: "It is hard to throw the ball when you are lying on your back."

The number one priority is to put together an NFL quality line that can punish defenses in Buffalo weather.

In my opinion, Trent is not starting because Evans and Owens threw him under the bus. In my view, Evans never liked Edwards because of his man love for Losman. Owens did so because that is what TO does. Neither one of them (much like many on this board) were able to see the forest from the trees.

In the end, it will not make any difference who we have back there until we upgrade the line.

My hope is that we spend our resources (picks and dollars) on upgrading the offensive line and run defense; let TO walk (he does not want to be in Buffalo anyway) and spend that money somewhere else; build a team that is strong at the point of attack and can play in Buffalo weather.

To quote Buddy Nix: "It is hard to throw the ball when you are lying on your back."

The number one priority is to put together an NFL quality line that can punish defenses in Buffalo weather.

In my opinion, Trent is not starting because Evans and Owens threw him under the bus. In my view, Evans never liked Edwards because of his man love for Losman. Owens did so because that is what TO does. Neither one of them (much like many on this board) were able to see the forest from the trees.

In the end, it will not make any difference who we have back there until we upgrade the line.

My hope is that we spend our resources (picks and dollars) on upgrading the offensive line and run defense; let TO walk (he does not want to be in Buffalo anyway) and spend that money somewhere else; build a team that is strong at the point of attack and can play in Buffalo weather.

Wow, I could have written those thoughts myself. Good to see there is another fan seeing what I have seen.

Still concerned - however - about those concussions.

They have to address the OL first. Bringing in a new QB behind the same OL will just be repeating the same mistakes.

dude they will do both, u will see buffalo bring in a vet qb and draft one, and u will see us draft 2 possibly 3 olinman in the draft, WE WILL DO BOTH.............

News flash... there is a new GM and Coach coming in. The fact that Perry Fewell and the current staff moved to Fitz is irrelevant as to whether Edwards will start next year. I believe popular opinion outside of the organization is that his play this year was a product of the trainwreck around him. I think he still has potential but agree that a fresh start might be what this team needs.

See, this is exactly what i'm talking about. You people just don't get it!

So during the Titans game when Josh Reed was also complaining, what's his excuse? What was his motivation to throw Edwards under the bus?

The excuse making for Edwards has surpassed the excuse making for JP Losman.

Trent is a back up QB, nothing more.

So during the Titans game when Josh Reed was also complaining, what's his excuse? What was his motivation to throw Edwards under the bus?

The excuse making for Edwards has surpassed the excuse making for JP Losman.

Trent is a back up QB, nothing more.

If he's still on the roster he's probably beat out all jocks brought in to compete.