Bills press conference @2:30-Nix confirmed as new GM

zdro22

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interviewed JOHN GUY?!?! Wow, this place would've erupted! Guy deserves to be handed walking papers, not promoted. I can live with Nix as GM. He comes from the Polian tree right? Hopefully one of the first moves Nix makes, is to find a new director of player personnel. Hand Guy his long overdue pink slip.

That's what I was thinking, but the Bills probably did it as more of a courtesy. My guess is Guy and Modrak are both gone.

Before we all go nuts here, let's throw some perspective into the mix:

Wind the clock back one calendar year...if on December 31st, 2008, the Bills called a press conference to announce that they were naming Chargers' Director of College Scouting/Assistant GM Buddy Nix, a guy that worked hand-in-hand with both John Butler and A.J. Smith in Buffalo and San Diego, as the new General Manager, how would you feel?

I know I'd be okay with it, what about you guys?

As long as he gets rid of John Guy and brings in a new, better coaching staff..

I am more concerned that they actually interviewed Guy for GM....

Thankfully we somehow dodged that bullet, but I don't see how he could be fired now. Not much of a cleaning house after all, just looks like a lot of reshuffling.

Its terrible, isn't it?

I wonder how many of these people would be whining if they'd have hired him as the GM last year, when he was still the assistant GM in San Diego?

You don't understand something quite simple:

70 year old men don't get their first GM gig in the NFL. It doesn't happen. If by the age of 70 with many years in the NFL a guy hasn't gotten the top football job for a NFL team, there's a pretty darn good reason why.

Some people a #1's, some are #2's, and most aren't even that. Buddy has a fine track record, but there no coincidence that he wasn't hired before as GM.

Besides, how long is he going to be around? Most men (Ron Wolf, et al) are retired by this point. They found someone who works cheap, won't stand up to Littman/Ralph, and is just happy to have the job.

Wind the clock back one calendar year...if on December 31st, 2008, the Bills called a press conference to announce that they were naming Chargers' Director of College Scouting/Assistant GM Buddy Nix, a guy that worked hand-in-hand with both John Butler and A.J. Smith in Buffalo and San Diego, as the new General Manager, how would you feel?

I agree with that, despite my skepticism. My issue is more that they do not appear to have conducted a full search, or anything close to it. They interviewed John Guy for chrissake. That should tell us all we need to know.

I'll give him a chance but you can't get too excited knowing how this all went down and given the organization's history.

I think you just drew me back from the edge

If you're so convinced he sucks balls, there's no reason for me to repost his draft record. You've made up your mind. Enjoy the rainy day!

Me, I'm thrilled! :bag:

Im actually 50/50 on this...love the draft record not thrilled then didnt bring someone outside of the organization in and also not thrilled a 70yr old man is tryig something out like this for the first time in his life

This organization is such a joke. They interviewed only 3 candidates Modrak, Guy, and Nix. That was a real thorough search can't believe they made a decision so quickly without checking out other candidates. I can't believe that Modrak and Guy were even up for consideration in the first place.

As a season ticket holder, I'm OK with it, IF the Bills hire a competent coaching staff. Then, I think the Bills will have done pretty decent. We'll see what he does with the coaching situation. I would, however, ask him if he was responsible for the Maybin pick in the PC if I was in the WNY media. I would follow that with why they thought that was the better choice than Orakpo. Just a little something that I know the chickenschitt WNY would never do, I would just like to know who was responsible for that pick. Maybe selfishly, but I still want to know.

I agree with that, despite my skepticism. My issue is more that they do not appear to have conducted a full search, or anything close to it. They interviewed John Guy for chrissake. That should tell us all we need to know.

I'll give him a chance but you can't get too excited knowing how this all went down and given the organization's history.

Rooney rule dude, Rooney rule.

I think you just drew me back from the edge

Glad I could help! :bag: