Bills press conference @2:30-Nix confirmed as new GM

zdro22

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fewell remains head coach, John Guy promoted to head of football operations, AVP promoted to OC (he's given the actual title finally), and Brandon moves away from the football operations to run the business.

and bodies start landing on each other at the base of Niagara Falls

Why would the Bills, as Mendola says, announce something the fans won't like before the last home game of the season? Makes no sense. Of course, it would actually make perfect sense given RWs usually M.O. of bad decisions. I suspect a GM so they can kick off the HC search in earnest at 00:00 left on the game clock Sunday.

RW has promised a full review of the team. I find it hard to believe they're promoting someone from within at this early juncture. Certainly not saying it can't happen, but IMO it's unlikely.

Still, if there's a way to cue up some drama, it's called holding a PC on New Year's Eve Day.

It can and has already happened. Sorry to be a spoiler.

From that page....

Nix is considered by some to be one of the top 5 talent evaluators in the NFL. The Chargers have won 4 out of the last 5 AFC West Titles with Nix as Assistant GM and Director of Player Personnel, in charge of college scouting and instrumental to the decision making process of their NFL drafts.

From thurman:

RT @pthomas3434: EVERYONE watch the press conference Fromm 1 bills dr at 230! Can't say more! RT

If Thurman is jazzed, can it be bad? He's as true-blue of a Bills fan as their is. Not that his opinion matters but if he's promoting it, how bad could it be?

How bad are we as fans to assume the worst? Man it's tough being a Bills fan.

It is Buddy Nix. Some won't be happy, but I can live with it especially if he goes with Schottenhiemer. At least we will be better.

That sounds as plausible as anything and although some would whine about his age, I really don't care as long as he knows what he's doing.