PRO BOWLERS

papazoid

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how Peters did over the last 6-7 games but he was terrible the first half of the season.

Bills fans can be really ignorant. I can remember year after year hearing Bills fans whining on WGR that Bruce Smith didn't deserve to get into the Pro Bowl because he got less than a sack per game or because he didn't lead the league in sacks.

With regard to Peters and McKinnie, everyone expects them to never be beaten for a sack and they rush to count sacks against them whenever remotely possible, etc.. Reality is that it's all relative, and most of the haters are people who don't know the game or don't know the OTHER players. Bruce wasn't competing against Deacon Jones and Joe Greene. He was the best in the AFC at the time, and in retrospect we almost universally appreciate that. Why can't it be more appreciated while they are playing? Bitterness? Denial?

Aaron Maybin didn't make the Pro Bowl? That's bulls**t.

And if my memory serves me, isn't that three straight years that Peters has been elected an all-star starter? I'm not one of the people on here that says he sucks, but is he really that good?

I'm getting the hang of this italics thing...

Bills fans can be really ignorant. I can remember year after year hearing Bills fans whining on WGR that Bruce Smith didn't deserve to get into the Pro Bowl because he got less than a sack per game or because he didn't lead the league in sacks.

With regard to Peters and McKinnie, everyone expects them to never be beaten for a sack and they rush to count sacks against them whenever remotely possible, etc.. Reality is that it's all relative, and most of the haters are people who don't know the game or don't know the OTHER players. Bruce wasn't competing against Deacon Jones and Joe Greene. He was the best in the AFC at the time, and in retrospect we almost universally appreciate that. Why can't it be more appreciated while they are playing? Bitterness? Denial?

Amen brotha preach on!

So where is The Senator's whiney little B word ass?

"Peters is fat and lazy, he didnt belong on a football field...he should have been stuffed away in the equipment room closet...I mean..." :censored:

Yeah Peters was so bad and lazy that he made his third straight Pro Bowl - two with the Buffalo Bills I might add!

the Pro Bowl is a joke and unfortunately has become more of a popularity contest then anything....Peters making it is comical, his play this year has been average at best

Come on man...just admit that the guy is good and give him his props! Every game I watch of Philly's I am jealous! Sure just like here with the Bills he might get beat once a game and the haters would point that out. But for 99% of the plays he locks his man down one on one on an island and you don't hear from them. Ask Demarcus Ware, Julius Peppers or Osi how hard JP is to beat! Watch the tape; the whole game UNBIAS and then talk.

:blink: That is the reason that russ brandon need to be fired ........You dont trade a Pro-bowl 26 yr old LT for what we traded him for . You just dont do it, especially when he has more than two years on his contract. On top of that he gave Jauron the contract extension wasting 12 mil .................... :lol: thank goodness his incompetence will finally be thrown in the garbage. :censored:

the Pro Bowl is a joke and unfortunately has become more of a popularity contest then anything....Peters making it is comical, his play this year has been average at best

Exactly. So who cares if Peters gets beat for a sack and forced fumble every other game and isn't an upgrade over Tra Thomas?

Be honest. No one pays attention to the oline. I filled out the ballot and just went with guys I heard of before. As a olinemen, Peters is a name. I guarantee a lot of players vote the same way. McKinnie is hardly a stud LT either. Oline voting is the definition of a popularity contest. Rueben Brown and 9 straight pro bowls agrees.

:blink: That is the reason that russ brandon need to be fired ........You dont trade a Pro-bowl 26 yr old LT for what we traded him for . You just dont do it, especially when he has more than two years on his contract. On top of that he gave Jauron the contract extension wasting 12 mil .................... :lol: thank goodness his incompetence will finally be thrown in the garbage. :censored:

speaking of incompetence, thank you for that idiotic post...Peters didn't want to be here and he pretty much admitted he tanked it last year...and he played like it...worst LT in the league in 2008. Had he actually shown up to OTAs, minicamp or even just training camp, he would've likely gotten the deal he wanted,

As far as Brandon, he's a marketing guy, not a football guy...he won't be fired..but there will be a new football guy brought in to call the shots for that part of the organization and guess whose idea that was? Russ Brandon's