• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Peters didn't want to be here

Guesswork.

he pretty much admitted he tanked it last year

Where? No, he just didn't.

Had he actually shown up to OTAs, minicamp or even just training camp, he would've likely gotten the deal he wanted

Guesswork. Of the people who did show up at OTAs, minicamp and training camp, some got the deal they wanted but even more didn't.

I don't know why I even answer posts like this, but it does amuse me, and I guess that has to be reason enough.

Peters did admit he took plays off by not concentrating here......admitted to being distracted and not giving all attention to his work as a LT for the Bills.

In the end so what? He has played well the past few weeks but had a very average start to the season. So not sure 10M a year gets you a dominant LT as he was not dominant.

Mckinnie has been taken out of games for playing poorly as well......essentially no dominant LTs like there used to be.

the Pro Bowl is a joke and unfortunately has become more of a popularity contest then anything....Peters making it is comical, his play this year has been average at best

If Peters making it is comical what does that say about Byrd making it with only about a half season worth of starts. You can't have it both ways. Let it go. The Bills f*&*(d up trading Peters.

Peters did admit he took plays off by not concentrating here......admitted to being distracted and not giving all attention to his work as a LT for the Bills.

In the end so what? He has played well the past few weeks but had a very average start to the season. So not sure 10M a year gets you a dominant LT as he was not dominant.

Mckinnie has been taken out of games for playing poorly as well......essentially no dominant LTs like there used to be.

WTF are u talking about? Have you seen Ryan Clady, Joe Thomas and Jake Long play. They are as good or better at their respective ages than Ogden and Walter Jones were. I didn't see much of Oher but he looks like a gem albeit at RT.

Actually, Peters was one of the most dominating tackles in the league this year (I watched a ton of Eagles games). He was usually left on an island, and when he got his hands on a DE, it was a thing of beauty to watch.

Calling bull ****. I live in the Philadelphia area and watch a ton of the Eagles. He did not play up to his salary.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/tag/_/na...nfc-pro-bowlers

Made it on rep: Cowboys center Andre Gurode should not be starting in the Pro Bowl, and I think he'd even tell you that. This has not been one of his better seasons, so this was totally based on reputation. I think players and coaches get the offensive linemen wrong more than any other unit on the field. I also think Cowboys right guard Leonard Davis made it as a reserve based on reputation, and the same thing goes for Eagles left tackle Jason Peters.

But I'm sure the ESPN NFC East blogger is just a biased, disgruntled Bills fan too. :rolleyes:

Actually, Peters was one of the most dominating tackles in the league this year (I watched a ton of Eagles games). He was usually left on an island, and when he got his hands on a DE, it was a thing of beauty to watch.

So True.

so many folks here blinded by their bitterness too :-)

:death: That is the reason that russ brandon need to be fired ........You dont trade a Pro-bowl 26 yr old LT for what we traded him for . You just dont do it, especially when he has more than two years on his contract. On top of that he gave Jauron the contract extension wasting 12 mil .................... :beer: thank goodness his incompetence will finally be thrown in the garbage. :rolleyes:

Brandon extended Jaroun? There is no way that was his call. Mr. Wilson even went on record talking about how he kept Jaruon because he wanted continuity. Wake up.

Peters said "“I was thinking about it sometimes. If you get beat on a play and you think about your contract. It doesn't affect me that much. I thought about it some early in the year but later on in the year it wasn't a big deal."

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Sto...?story_id=17673

You said:

The two do NOT say the same thing. Peters never admitted taking plays off. What he admitted to was thinking about his contract AFTER plays.

And nobody gives ALL their attention to their work. It's not humanly possible. Peters essentially admitted to being human. Everyone who doesn't like the guy expands on what he actually said. Stick to what the guy actually said and nobody can argue with you. Go beyond it and you're making stuff up.

So is the ESPN NFC East writer blinded by his bitterness too?

Don't know...Probably blinded by trying to look at statistics when it's crystal clear just from watching the guy drop into pass protection or block a running paly for a play or two that he is an elite tackle.

Don't know...Probably blinded by trying to look at statistics when it's crystal clear just from watching the guy drop into pass protection or block a running paly for a play or two that he is an elite tackle.

His job is to watch the games. He has to be as unbiased as possible. Oline get by on reptuation in this league. Peters isn't as bad as some people want to make him out to be. But he also isn't as great as some others what to make him to be either.

Peters at $11 million is not better than Schobel or Evans at their salaries. Good players for sure, but not elite.

Peters said "“I was thinking about it sometimes. If you get beat on a play and you think about your contract. It doesn't affect me that much. I thought about it some early in the year but later on in the year it wasn't a big deal."

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Sto...?story_id=17673

You said:

The two do NOT say the same thing. Peters never admitted taking plays off. What he admitted to was thinking about his contract AFTER plays.

And nobody gives ALL their attention to their work. It's not humanly possible. Peters essentially admitted to being human. Everyone who doesn't like the guy expands on what he actually said. Stick to what the guy actually said and nobody can argue with you. Go beyond it and you're making stuff up.

The Bills pulled him off the undrafted scrap heap. Made him an O-Lineman, coached him up, gave him a pay raise before he was due one and watched him skip OTA's. He then has 2 years left on the deal the never had to give him the first place and holds out?

Not exactly the guy you build around. He is a great player, but it was not going to work here. I would have prefered to get more for him, but the Bills treated him fairly over the years and he screwed the team.