Bills compiling new list of coaching candidates

Tortured Soul

What about the GM search, Jason?

PTR

No ****. I don't want to hear anything about a new HC until Brandon is sent back to marketing, a new GM is found, Modrak and Guy are fired along with the entire scouting staff and the Strength and conditioning coordinator. Along with that, virtually every coach we have.

After the new GM is in place and all the above canned, THEN lets talk about HC.

No ****. I don't want to hear anything about a new HC until Brandon is sent back to marketing, a new GM is found, Modrak and Guy are fired along with the entire scouting staff and the Strength and conditioning coordinator. Along with that, virtually every coach we have.

After the new GM is in place and all the above canned, THEN lets talk about HC.

Amen

I've been trying to think of one single reason for optimism about the future.

This isn't it.

Ouch. Sad but true.

It does say that the process is still parked in the garage, which should make one ask why there was any need to fire Dick Jauron in the middle of the season.

The hope of a tiny amount of watchable football? Fewell DID beat Miami before the latest wave of injuries kicked in ...

(And lest you think I'm suggesting removing the interim tag, no. Lesser of two evils -- or perhaps the better of two mediocrities -- is all that move amounted to.)

Ouch. Sad but true.

The hope of a tiny amount of watchable football? Fewell DID beat Miami before the latest wave of injuries kicked in ...

(And lest you think I'm suggesting removing the interim tag, no. Lesser of two evils -- or perhaps the better of two mediocrities -- is all that move amounted to.)

Well, I've posted in the past that it was really looking like nothing more than a PR move to assuage a certain billboard... :thumbsup:

In all fairness, it isn't like the Buffalo News has gotten any inside info on the HC/GM search. Perhaps that is because nothing is brewing, but I have been pretty unhappy with the News' ability to actually...well...get news. All of the reports about the big time HC turning us down came from outside outlets. Why isn't the News on top of anything?

If you are relying on the News for info, forget it. Can't remember last time they broke a story before a national outlet.

The evidence is mounting that there will NOT be a major housecleaning at OBD. Some tweaks here and there, sure, a new coach or two, perhaps rearranging the personnel department slightly, but otherwise, business as usual. I really hope I'm wrong, but it's hard to think otherwise at this point. There would be NO REASON to even think of interviewing/contacting/listing coaches at this point if a new GM regime was going to be brought in.

Ralph, please, do the right thing, sell the damn team.

If brandon is still calling the shots I will be spending my season ticket money elsewhere

first post after being an avid reader, moved from buffalo last year. my take on the situation, approach cowher and ask him who he wants as gm.. i know its ass backwards, but give it try.. he never specifically turned the bills down. as i recall he said he would not say anything until the season was over.

Russ Grimm (Arizona), Ron Rivera (Chargers), Jon Fox (If he leaves Carolina), Mike Zimmer (Cincy), Jason Garrett (Cowboys), and Kyle Shanahan (Houston) these are the guys that should be on the top of the list for Buffalo as far as a head coaching candidates.

No more retreads like Mike Martz and Jim Haslet we need to try and grab an up and coming young guy in order to try and catch lightning in a bottle and forge our own identity.

Because they are from Buffalo.

because i am retired and have no life, i try to stay a breast of what is going on with the search, lot of what is said is just assumptions garnered from other sites. i never saw anything SPECIFIC about gruden or cowher turning buffalo down. gruden supposedly wants to wait, but cowher, would love to see the specific quote about him turning buffalo down

If brandon is still calling the shots I will be spending my season ticket money elsewhere

Then you better figure out where to spend your money. He will hire whatever comess first. If it is the coach. He will dictate the personnel set-up. If it's a GM. He will hire the coach. Either way, Brandon draws first blood. Which still leaves him in the mix.