Good read on Maybin...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the kid actually has the talent, that was seen on his sack against detroit in the preseason, he needs to get bigger, stronger, tougher. in 3 years maybin will be a tremendous player. he was drafted as a project. this is no surprise...

The Bills were in no shape to draft a "project." They have to have immediate contribution. Let's hope Maybin lives up to the expectations. So far Mike Williams can claim he accomplished more in the NFL.

Please don't forget Orapko is playing OLB not DE. What a shock the Bills coaching staff didn't realize Maybin could have made more of an impact this season at OLB. I had no problem with him being a situational pass rusher to start the season. But when Kawika Mitchell went down Maybin should have been moved to OLB especially when the team had the bye week to get him ready.

BUST !!......that article actually makes the case why he shouldn't even have been picked in the first place.....third on Penn States depth chart......anyways, we don't have a choice but to give him a chance......he has 3 years worth of guaranteed money already. hey, i hope he proves his doubters wrong.....i just don't see it.

Please don't forget Orapko is playing OLB not DE. What a shock the Bills coaching staff didn't realize Maybin could have made more of an impact this season at OLB. I had no problem with him being a situational pass rusher to start the season. But when Kawika Mitchell went down Maybin should have been moved to OLB especially when the team had the bye week to get him ready.

3-4 fellas.... the 3-4 is the place for him as an OLB.

In case you think he's just a DE you have to consider that a OLB in the 3-4 he'd be our fastest LB.

3-4 fellas.... the 3-4 is the place for him as an OLB.

In case you think he's just a DE you have to consider that a OLB in the 3-4 he'd be our fastest LB.

Yet, he is so good they get a 220 safety to play the position instead of him :wallbash:

There either must be something totally screwed up with this kid, or all the coaches are just too dumb to play him. Not sure which is true, but after that clumsey off sides I'm leaning towards this kid just being a total bust

Yet, he is so good they get a 220 safety to play the position instead of him :wallbash:

There either must be something totally screwed up with this kid, or all the coaches are just too dumb to play him. Not sure which is true, but after that clumsey off sides I'm leaning towards this kid just being a total bust

The brief amount of time he's been on the field has been a disaster. The onside kick and lining up in the neutral zone and extending a drive that ended up in points against the Jets... I totally understand why the coaches don't wanna put him on the field. This one's on the front office for using their 1st round pick on a guy not physically or mentally ready to play in the NFL. If he's a street free agent, does he even make the team?

1. Orakpo is actually playing alot of DE. He recorded two sacks with his hand on the ground last week. He's versatile though, and recorded two more from the LB position as well.

2. I wouldn't say the Bills coaching staff overlooked the possibility of Maybin playing OLB. The notion has been brought up at least a 1000 times on this board. I'm sure they are aware of the option.

3. The fact that he hasn't seen significant time should speak volumes about where he's at.

1. Orakpo is actually playing alot of DE. He recorded two sacks with his hand on the ground last week. He's versatile though, and recorded two more from the LB position as well.

2. I wouldn't say the Bills coaching staff overlooked the possibility of Maybin playing OLB. The notion has been brought up at least a 1000 times on this board. I'm sure they are aware of the option.

3. The fact that he hasn't seen significant time should speak volumes about where he's at.

Overvalue our opinions much? If the Bills' coaching staff is spending even 5 minutes of their time on this board, much less considering the many inane opinions, I'd be shocked.

The Bills were in no shape to draft a "project." They have to have immediate contribution. Let's hope Maybin lives up to the expectations. So far Mike Williams can claim he accomplished more in the NFL.

Give me a break with the Mike Williams comment. Maybin with the right DC should be outstanding.

Yea but has all most all his sacks from the DE spot. :wallbash:

People get so damn worked up about how Orakapo has been so productive and Maybin hasn't done squat.....

I would have liked to see more production in limited snaps like the rest of you.....but the fact is now (and was when he was drafted) Maybin was a investment to the future of the team not the now of the team....

Look at the way this team was biult this season.......they were not going to do SQUAT.....TO was a publicity stunt......we made very unwise decisions on our OL.....our QB stable is in shambles......etc etc

Maybin could have had 10 sacks this year and it would not have made a bit of difference.....

If he does not come in and look like a real NFL player next year then I will gladly jump on the bust side like the rest of you......

There are some differences between Maybin and Mike Williams that give me hope......Nobody can say that Aaron Maybin is not a worker when it comes to preperation....he is just a little young and undersized right now........

I am willing to wait to see what he looks like......but if Aaron Maybin really does retire we better bring in a veteran insurance policy.

Why on Earth would Jauron/Modrak draft a player as raw as Maybin when they surely knew that 09 was a must win season for them? :wallbash:

Drafting out of desperation doesn't really lead to winning. Although I was really against taking him- I don't think he is or will be very good.

Why on Earth would Jauron/Modrak draft a player as raw as Maybin when they surely knew that 09 was a must win season for them? :wallbash:

That has got to be one of the best questions raised on this board in a long time.

I was not happy when the Bills drafted Maybin because I did not see him being an instant impact player. Maybin's potential is high, but I knew that we would have to wait 2 or 3 years before we could see how good a player Maybin could be.

I just wish we had taken Brian Cushing, a player I thought could be an instant impact player, even though some people told me that there were more serious needs than at LB. While that is true, I saw Cushing as a best player available pick, that we could have used.