Good read on Maybin...

the kid actually has the talent, that was seen on his sack against detroit in the preseason, he needs to get bigger, stronger, tougher. in 3 years maybin will be a tremendous player. he was drafted as a project. this is no surprise...

Everyone knows that you draft a project at #11 when you don't have a left tackle or decent LBs. The Bills could have drafted an immediate impact player at LT or LB but you think they chose not to and rather drafted what they thought of as a project?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Overvalue our opinions much? If the Bills' coaching staff is spending even 5 minutes of their time on this board, much less considering the many inane opinions, I'd be shocked.

The question was asked repeatedly of the former HC. He deemed Maybinot a DE not a LB.

I would have liked to see more production in limited snaps like the rest of you.....but the fact is now (and was when he was drafted) Maybin was a investment to the future of the team not the now of the team....

Look at the way this team was biult this season.......they were not going to do SQUAT.....TO was a publicity stunt......we made very unwise decisions on our OL.....our QB stable is in shambles......etc etc

So, they are investing in the future rather than investing in the present and future?

Oher

Cushing

Orakpo

Matthews

Good productive rookies today. Nothing says that they will not maintain if not improve in coming seasons.

Maybinot...riding the pine today. Tomorrow?

Everyone knows that you draft a project at #11 when you don't have a left tackle or decent LBs. The Bills could have drafted an immediate impact player at LT or LB but you think they chose not to and rather drafted what they thought of as a project?

pass rushers make more of an impact them olineman or lbs... thats why they picked maybin.

if maybin turns into jason taylor, i highly doubt u would trade him for michael oher or brian cushing....

pass rushers make more of an impact

:wallbash: not this one :wallbash:

make more of an impact impact them olineman

I think our QBs would disagree

or lbs

Simply not true.

It was an assinine pick last April. It is an assinine pick today. He's got a long way to go to reach the production of Oher, Orakpo, Cushing or Matthews. He's got on even longer way to surpass them.

1. Orakpo is actually playing alot of DE. He recorded two sacks with his hand on the ground last week. He's versatile though, and recorded two more from the LB position as well.

2. I wouldn't say the Bills coaching staff overlooked the possibility of Maybin playing OLB. The notion has been brought up at least a 1000 times on this board. I'm sure they are aware of the option.

3. The fact that he hasn't seen significant time should speak volumes about where he's at.

His 4 sacks vrs the raiders were all from DE too. 3 from RDE, one from the left. Orakpo prob plays the same number of snaps at DE as Maybin does yet gets way more pressure. I dont think Maybin has even one QB pressure, let alone a sack.

pass rushers make more of an impact them olineman or lbs... thats why they picked maybin.

if maybin turns into jason taylor, i highly doubt u would trade him for michael oher or brian cushing....

If Michael Oher becomes Oralndo Pace and Brian Cushing becomes Lawernce Taylow, would you trade Maybin for them?!?!?!?!

Huge bust he is completley incompetent. u cant be that bad and turn into a good player. Maybe with time he may be able to get on the field as depth and not completley screw everything up and thats lookin on the bright side. Not exactly what u want with the 11th overall pick. u can give a piece of crap all the time in the world and its still gonna be a piece of crap its not gonna magically turn into something good.

Yet, he is so good they get a 220 safety to play the position instead of him :wallbash:

There either must be something totally screwed up with this kid, or all the coaches are just too dumb to play him. Not sure which is true, but after that clumsey off sides I'm leaning towards this kid just being a total bust

You expect a DE to have good cover skills that are needed in our Tampa 2? Get a clue.

So, they are investing in the future rather than investing in the present and future?

Oher

Cushing

Orakpo

Matthews

Good productive rookies today. Nothing says that they will not maintain if not improve in coming seasons.

Maybinot...riding the pine today. Tomorrow?

I think LB's tend to make more of an immediate impact then DE's do. Orkapo is the older more mature player. What do we say next year if Orkapo slumps and Maybin is productive?

I am not saying that it will happen....I am just saying that is possible given Maybin's lack of strength, age, weight, experience.

The one thing I do like is there is not lack of work ethic with Aaron Maybin......I really like that in a player. It has not translated on the field but I very much hope it does.

I really WANT to root for Aaron Maybin. By the way he wasn't my first my 1st round pick.......that big TE was that got hurt.

Overvalue our opinions much? If the Bills' coaching staff is spending even 5 minutes of their time on this board, much less considering the many inane opinions, I'd be shocked.

Miscommunication Dan. I was trying to say that if members of this board have thought of the possibility, I'm sure the Bills coaching staff has too. Maybin has been being discussed at OLB since he was in college.

His 4 sacks vrs the raiders were all from DE too. 3 from RDE, one from the left. Orakpo prob plays the same number of snaps at DE as Maybin does yet gets way more pressure. I dont think Maybin has even one QB pressure, let alone a sack.

You got it right Thoner. I got it mixed up in my post.

3-4 fellas.... the 3-4 is the place for him as an OLB.

In case you think he's just a DE you have to consider that a OLB in the 3-4 he'd be our fastest LB.

I disagree. He's not that fast. I think he could cover the required ground on the outside in a 4 LB set, but he looks every bit like the 4.9 40 yard dash player that he was at the combine. His edge as a pass rusher will come from his vine like arms and the quick first step that has not been evident as of yet.