My fear with Brian Brohm

frogger

It's one thing to root for a proven failure like Perry Fewell to do good and get the permanent HC gig... that's beyond inane.

But I'd love to see Brohm light it up the next 2 games, that would be both fun & great. The only negative to it I see would be if John Guy used Brohm's success to keep his job. :(

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fear that Mr Brohm will look like the projected first pick he was suppose to be. By that I mean, he will come out against the 30th ranked pass defense and throw for 2 to 4 scores, and 250+ yards in a victory against the falcons. And remember this is an indoor game. While this is happening the Jets beat the colts, and during the game Manning gets roughed up a little.

Then next week, the colts rest Manning, and Brohm throws for 200+ yards and 2 scores in a victory over the colts.

That might sound great, but the colts have home field through the playoffs at that point. They are playing to not get injured.

So everyone in Buffalo is now thinking they have the QB of the future after all, these numbers project to 3600 yards passing and 40 TDs in a 16 game season. the problem of course being that neither team plays in the dreaded 3-4 defense, both play a similar defense to Buffalo. And Bufallo has made players look like hall of famers

And then the pain continues, we don't draft a QB even if Clauson is there. in 2010 Brohm comes out looking like the practice squad player the Packers made him, and suffer through the year again...then christmas 2010 we are talking about Locker.

I agree that we should not jump to any conclusions and/or make any long term decisions if he does play well, God willing he does. I disagree with everything else. We are in no position to take a QB with an early pick in this year's draft. We have to build the foundation DL OL LB before we go after a QB the following year (if necessary). Any QB in this system and culture, as it stands now, is likely to fail. Lets not say he (Brohm)stinks until we get a good look. We are still a good three years away from fielding a competitive team. I have never seen a team with so many needs. Thus, we can not take the risk of drafting a QB bust and I think most would bust if they had to play under center next year.

McClain MLB AL and then DL OL the rest of the draft, maybe WR in late rounds. After we suck again in 10 then a QB. Line and defense gel. 11 we get competitive again and suprise some teams. 12 we are back in the playoffs. I know that some teams like the fish of last year can turn things around right away, this is not such a team or situation. 3 year plan. It sucks but lets be real. We are in the last year of the Decade of Disappointment and this could be the worst team out of all of them. The 4-12 team would give them a run for their money but I think they could even light up this run D particularly with all the injuries. GO BILLS

This is actually a good point. The Falcons' pass defense is pretty poor too.

A good GM though wouldn't pass on a guy like Clausen, if he's there, even if there is some belief that Brohm could be the QB of the future.

Claussen doesnt have the arm strength this team will be looking for.

I fear that Mr Brohm will look like the projected first pick he was suppose to be. By that I mean, he will come out against the 30th ranked pass defense and throw for 2 to 4 scores, and 250+ yards in a victory against the falcons. And remember this is an indoor game. While this is happening the Jets beat the colts, and during the game Manning gets roughed up a little.

Then next week, the colts rest Manning, and Brohm throws for 200+ yards and 2 scores in a victory over the colts.

That might sound great, but the colts have home field through the playoffs at that point. They are playing to not get injured.

So everyone in Buffalo is now thinking they have the QB of the future after all, these numbers project to 3600 yards passing and 40 TDs in a 16 game season. the problem of course being that neither team plays in the dreaded 3-4 defense, both play a similar defense to Buffalo. And Bufallo has made players look like hall of famers

And then the pain continues, we don't draft a QB even if Clauson is there. in 2010 Brohm comes out looking like the practice squad player the Packers made him, and suffer through the year again...then christmas 2010 we are talking about Locker.

Are you serious about this? Neither Trent nor Fitz could put those games up and they know our system and have had pletny of playing time here and before here.

If Brohm can pull that off with the deck stacked against him, that is going to be a pretty good indication that this kid has potential and can play. The games you described would be big victories for this kid. Look at what he is up against:

1. Only 4 weeks to learn a new playbook

2. No reps til this week with the first unit

3. No reps EVER with a first unit

4. No timing with the WR's

5. Decimated O Line

6. First ever NFL start and game action

7. First time facing an NFL first unit defense

8. Playing on a team with a terrible offensive scheme to begin with

I mean seriously, the table is stacked against him. Any success would be a surprise and a victory for this kid.

What is everyones deal with him? I mean he was a 2nd round pick one year removed from being projected to be top 5 or even #1 overall. He only dropped because his defense sucked his Sr. year despite him putting up the best numbers of his college career. And all of this was just 1-1/2 years ago. People are so hung up on the fact we signed him off GB's practice squad beacue they dont understand why he was there. This kid has real potential...give him a chance already.

Who knows if he will any good, no one really knows until a guy can get a season or two under his belt. But the fact half this board wants to decalre he is a bust or terrible for us to move forward for is just crazy...

If Brohm comes out and shows that kind of potential then we are going in the right direction not the wrong......

We have other needs....but in the needs of OL and QB....we are going to have to decide which direction we are going to go

- I wanted Brohm when he came out in the draft....the kid looked great in college and put up the productive numbers.

- If Brohm shows promise....we go LT in the 1st round.....EASILY.....it would even be great if we could trade down a bit and pick up another good player because we need a LB or DT.

- This OL needs to be SEVERELY upgraded.....we will not get consistant QB play until that is solidified......It would also not break my heart if we just stand firm and take our LT with that top ten pick....we NEED talent there.

Are you serious about this? Neither Trent nor Fitz could put those games up and they know our system and have had pletny of playing time here and before here.

If Brohm can pull that off with the deck stacked against him, that is going to be a pretty good indication that this kid has potential and can play. The games you described would be big victories for this kid. Look at what he is up against:

1. Only 4 weeks to learn a new playbook

2. No reps til this week with the first unit

3. No reps EVER with a first unit

4. No timing with the WR's

5. Decimated O Line

6. First ever NFL start and game action

7. First time facing an NFL first unit defense

8. Playing on a team with a terrible offensive scheme to begin with

I mean seriously, the table is stacked against him. Any success would be a surprise and a victory for this kid.

What is everyones deal with him? I mean he was a 2nd round pick one year removed from being projected to be top 5 or even #1 overall. He only dropped because his defense sucked his Sr. year despite him putting up the best numbers of his college career. And all of this was just 1-1/2 years ago. People are so hung up on the fact we signed him off GB's practice squad beacue they dont understand why he was there. This kid has real potential...give him a chance already.

Who knows if he will any good, no one really knows until a guy can get a season or two under his belt. But the fact half this board wants to decalre he is a bust or terrible for us to move forward for is just crazy...

GO BROHM. LIGHT IT UP ON SUNDAY

:(

Your fears should have been put to rest after you wrote the first highlited sentence.

Coming out and showing huge potential? That's a pretty classy problem to have.

personally I think that would be great. if it turns out we have a gunslinger we can spend the offeseason building an o line and developing a playbook that addresses Brohm's talents (i.e. no more "pop warner"). Having a tiny little sliver of hope going into the offseason? Sounds good to me,

My fear is Brohm does not light it up, does not throw 250+ yards, does not throw 3-4 TDs and everyone on here starts screaming about Trent (or JP) again.

I would love to see Brohm do good. I'm rooting for him. I don't understand how any Bills fan could hope for anything else.

If he does good Sunday and possibly next week, I think we buy some time at the QB position to address other needs this team has. Next season, hopefully we can bring in a veteran QB through free agency to help Brohm even more.

Once our other needs have been filled, then we can make a final decision on Brohm and move on from there.

I predict three to four interceptions. The team has too many problems, the O-line is in a shambles, Brohm has no experience running this offense and has not appeared to be a good QB even for the Packers. People are expecting way too much from this change of QBs.

I see two ignominious losses in these last two games.

ha!!!! im all for the hope factor. since we dont show results, thats pretty much all a bills fan has left, hope.

but cmon, season is done. falcons are 7-7. stats, record, etc. everything show that they should kick @. and they are at home! colts back ups should also beat us too.

i hate to admit it. but this year, our team sucks. and so what? im still a fan.

i still had hope vs pats. I COULD READ THIS POST AND TRANSLATE IT AS "YES, WE HAVE A LEGITIMATE REASON. WIN BABY WIN." but nah, not this time. i'll watch it. but not getting hopes up.

this week hopes down.

If he puts up those numbers, I'll be on DHGATE looking for a Brohm jersey! Seriously though, If he shows he can be a decent starter and we can address other needs in the 1st round, I'm all for it. Put a better team around him and hope for the best.

+1

i hope he puts up those #s. we are out of playoffs like them.

If Brohm comes out and shows that kind of potential then we are going in the right direction not the wrong......

We have other needs....but in the needs of OL and QB....we are going to have to decide which direction we are going to go

- I wanted Brohm when he came out in the draft....the kid looked great in college and put up the productive numbers.

- If Brohm shows promise....we go LT in the 1st round.....EASILY.....it would even be great if we could trade down a bit and pick up another good player because we need a LB or DT.

- This OL needs to be SEVERELY upgraded.....we will not get consistant QB play until that is solidified......It would also not break my heart if we just stand firm and take our LT with that top ten pick....we NEED talent there.

I don't think our O-line is that badly in need of a lot of talent. Right now, if the guys come back you have Butler, Wood, Hangartner, Levitre and a new guy at LT-possibly a free agent with NFL experience. You also have some guys who are serviceable backups to come in for a few plays like Scott & Bell. It's the injuries that have robbed us of 40% of our starters-I'm not counting Bell as anything but a backup, that would be 60% to those who include him. Depending on who is available, I would take a QB in the 1st round-if our new GM views a guy as worthy, I'm sure not going to second guess him.

I don't think our O-line is that badly in need of a lot of talent. Right now, if the guys come back you have Butler, Wood, Hangartner, Levitre and a new guy at LT-possibly a free agent with NFL experience. You also have some guys who are serviceable backups to come in for a few plays like Scott & Bell. It's the injuries that have robbed us of 40% of our starters-I'm not counting Bell as anything but a backup, that would be 60% to those who include him. Depending on who is available, I would take a QB in the 1st round-if our new GM views a guy as worthy, I'm sure not going to second guess him.

We dont even know if Butler is the answer at RT yet.....he didn't play enough for us to know.

I want to see the bills go overkill on OL next year......at OT. I agree that we appear to be set at the center to guard positions.......especially if Wood comes back healthy.....

But you could stick (insert your favorite qb) behind our line as it is right now and they would be on IR quickly.......

I really dont care if Brohm throws picks.....I want to see him throw touchdowns......

If he does well, let him compete next year with Vick, or whoever else comes here.

Kudos to Perry for trying him out. I also thought it was funny to see Trent last week too. He is certainly mixing it up at QB, and now with Hamdan back in the mix.

This whole situation is one big C'mon Man!

BRING BACK HANGIN 10, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!