Listening To Thurman On WGR Right Now

BuffaloBaumer

i wouldnt get too excited. i guarantee the FO doesnt keep Thurman well informed. plus, he cant predict exactly what is going to happen.

i think we ALL know there are going to be some changes, and we're ALL excited about that. but i think that is all we know. even Thurman.

Yeah I gotta agree. he knows jack **** and is speculating.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Ralph wants to ensure his wealth going to the family next year is the last opportunity, as the inheritance tax break disappears at the end of 2010. Selling 49% now with an agreement to sell the remainder upon his death would set up his estate nicely, and could ensure the team remaining in Buffalo for a set period. Would be nice.

My first thought was an ownership change. That is the only thing that would constitute a "major" change in Bills nation.

Speculation is all the fun we have left this season. My bet is Ralph is selling the team.

Have you seen those commercials on TV about Windows 7, where each shmuck interviewed thinks he influenced the decisions about which features are included in the new software? Well if Ralph does sell the team, I made it happen.

I wrote a letter to Santa Clause promising never to get drunk again if Ralph sells the team to owners who will keep it in Buffalo. Hmmm... if it happens, then I'll have to go back to believing in Santa Clause, too. This could change my whole life around. Be right back, I have to run out and buy a lottery ticket right now.

Have you seen those commercials on TV about Windows 7, where each shmuck interviewed thinks he influenced the decisions about which features are included in the new software? Well if Ralph does sell the team, I made it happen.

I wrote a letter to Santa Clause promising never to get drunk again if Ralph sells the team to owners who will keep it in Buffalo. Hmmm... if it happens, then I'll have to go back to believing in Santa Clause, too. This could change my whole life around. Be right back, I have to run out and buy a lottery ticket right now.

Dude, Santa KNOWS when you're lying....

If Ralph wants to ensure his wealth going to the family next year is the last opportunity, as the inheritance tax break disappears at the end of 2010. Selling 49% now with an agreement to sell the remainder upon his death would set up his estate nicely, and could ensure the team remaining in Buffalo for a set period. Would be nice.

Most interesting thing I've read so far today.

If Ralph sells a piece of the team in 2010, it would be a win-win-win. Ralph's family pockets a tidy sum (not subject to the estate tax), he sets the wheels in motion to keep the team in WNY, and any move toward a reduced role for Ralph is a win for the fans.

I received an E-mail from GR about this:

Hall of Fame running back Thurman Thomas wants to be a part of the Bills' rebuilding process and has spoken to Russ Brandon. Thomas talked about his desire to help the Bills during his Monday morning Extra Point show on WGR with the Bulldog.

“I'm into it. I'm not like Jim (Kelly) and want to be an owner but, I want to be a part of the turn-around. They know that. I've had some conversations with Russ Brandon. They're well aware of my situation and what I want to do over there. I want to be a part of this big splash that they're going to make."

Listen to what #34 said and read more at our website!

Sounds to me like he's just looking for a job.

Hall of Fame running back Thurman Thomas wants to be a part of the Bills' rebuilding process and has spoken to Russ Brandon. Thomas talked about his desire to help the Bills during his Monday morning Extra Point show on WGR with the Bulldog.

“I'm into it. I'm not like Jim (Kelly) and want to be an owner but, I want to be a part of the turn-around. They know that. I've had some conversations with Russ Brandon. They're well aware of my situation and what I want to do over there. I want to be a part of this big splash that they're going to make."

so his news is he's begging for a job from a guy who might not even have a job himself in a month?

Thurman Thomas, the new GM of the Bills :wallbash:

I listened to Thurman this morning on WGR and I didn't hear anything that indicated to me that he had any inside info. Hell I didn't hear anything that gave me an indication that the Bills even care what he says.

He did say something about sending a text message to Russ Brandon telling him to "pick it up" or something stupid but he never said if he got a response.

I think he's just talking.....

Although Mike Shannahan has apparently chosen the Redskins, Schefter and others reported that he wouldn't even meet with the team unless there was some certainty that they'd be staying in Buffalo. So, here's to hoping that's true.

When did this report come out? I hope I'm wrong, but I don't recall seeing this at all. Link? Links?

My first thought was an ownership change. That is the only thing that would constitute a "major" change in Bills nation.

This has nothing to do with the Bills, but in Showtime's backstage rockumentary about Bon Jovi's last tour, the subject of the purchase on an NFL team came up. Mr. Jovi was on the phone in his hotel room having serious phone conversations with a group that was trying to buy an NFL team. He was trying to convince this person on the other line that he was a serious businessman and not just a cheesy hair band singer. Just a side anecdote I thought I'd throw in there. Exactly which team was this group trying to buy? Hmmm...

Speculation is all the fun we have left this season. My bet is Ralph is selling the team.

I have it on good authority that the band 'Air Supply' is interested in buying the Bills.

No but I think Kelly is on the inside, and Thomas is getting his info from Kelly. It may be he does know more, but knows if he says too much then Kelly will keep him out of the loop, so just throwing out a few teasers.

This sounds most plausible.

No but I think Kelly is on the inside, and Thomas is getting his info from Kelly. It may be he does know more, but knows if he says too much then Kelly will keep him out of the loop, so just throwing out a few teasers.

Kelly was on The Herd a week or two ago and said "I have not spoken to Mr. Wilson". In the context that he said it I don't believe it was deception. I just don't believe that Jim or Thurman have anywhere near the level of input with Mr. Wilson that they or we'd like to believe.