Listening To Thurman On WGR Right Now

BuffaloBaumer

Whoa...that was just an anecdote. Oh great, now I've created a monster!

:ph34r:

I'm just glad no one's busted on me for watching a Bon Jovi rockumentary.

I know. just having fun dreaming over here.

Anyway, i heard the Thurman clip with Bulldog this morning. I was actually surprised he went on air with that. He seems like a giddy school kid that has a secret that he's dying to tell....but can't. Now i'm dying to hear what it is? i hope it lives up to the buildup?!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelly seems awfully tied in to what is going on with the team

I wouldn't be surprised if Ralph sold 49% to Kelly and his group now, with the other 51% to be sold at a set price immediately upon his passing (or sooner if Ralph wished to get out of the business).

That way, Ralph is still the man calling the shots, but the future of the team is secure.

Al Davis is only one of several Raiders owners, but he owns the biggest share, so he is the man.

Interesting.

I did not know that about Davis.

Then why are things still so jacked up in Oakland?

I know. just having fun dreaming over here.

Anyway, i heard the Thurman clip with Bulldog this morning. I was actually surprised he went on air with that. He seems like a giddy school kid that has a secret that he's dying to tell....but can't. Now i'm dying to hear what it is? i hope it lives up to the buildup?!

You and me both.

I did not hear the clip.

Is it on the site?

I go to a benefit for High-school wrestler graduates at Ilio's over in Blasdell every year with my father, and every year Jim gets up to the Podium and after his speech to the high schoolers about life, He ads a little side note;

" Trust me,There is no way the Bills are leaving Buffalo, I will not let it happen. this is the teams home and heart"

Those are words i remeber him sayign exactly. He says something along those lines every year so i would not be surprised to see Jimbo involed in a minority ownership area.

Not to get into the whole rumor thing, but a friend of mine has it on good authority that Kelly is meeting with Ralph and his advisors to discuss he getting involved in ownership. Doesn't mean anything but it's still encouraging to here Ralph may be insuring the Bills' future in Buffalo.

This would be the sweetest thing for me. Sure, I hate all the losing as much as the next person, but the Bills staying in WNY is numero uno with my thinking. Considering the long suffering fans of Clev, NO, Hou, NYJ, Det, etc., we really don't have it all that bad.

Hell, I believe Bon Jovi's arena team won a championship.

This move would make perfect sense for RW. He can keep 51% and let Kelly & his group deal with the stress of running the show. Plus, he will get rightfully recognized as a great owen who keep the Bills in Buffalo. I jsut hope Ralph's pride doesn't take over.

They did....technically, they're the defending champs since the AFL hasn't exactly played in a while.

Jon Bon Jovi isn't just a cheesy singer - owning the Soul is just one of several business ventures he's a part of. It would surprise me that he'd be interested in a stake of a team other than the Jets, Giants, or Eagles, but it would be intriguing.

Isn't Bon Jovi best buds with Belichick? Seems I recall reading that in the past, BB goes ot his concerts and Jovi was at the Superbowl

I don't know about Belicheat but he is in partnership with Lackawanna's own Jaws.

This has nothing to do with the Bills, but in Showtime's backstage rockumentary about Bon Jovi's last tour, the subject of the purchase on an NFL team came up. Mr. Jovi was on the phone in his hotel room having serious phone conversations with a group that was trying to buy an NFL team. He was trying to convince this person on the other line that he was a serious businessman and not just a cheesy hair band singer. Just a side anecdote I thought I'd throw in there. Exactly which team was this group trying to buy? Hmmm...

When was the show aired? I wouldn't be surprised if he was trying to get in on part of the recent Rams or Dolphins deal. In fact, probably moreso the Fins since their owner has been selling small shares of the team to celebrities.

When was the show aired? I wouldn't be surprised if he was trying to get in on part of the recent Rams or Dolphins deal. In fact, probably moreso the Fins since their owner has been selling small shares of the team to celebrities.

Released, October 2009...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1411663/

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Miami celebrity owner thing, that was probably it. Move along, nothing to see here.

Although, I do think Kelly and his investors have something going on, it sounded like the MAJORITY of what Thurman was hinting at had to do with personnel.

Given that it's been widely speculated the Bills were going to strongly consider hiring a new GM ever since Jauron's departure, I find the word "major" not pertaining to a new GM. That word just doesn't fit after all of the new GM/head coaching talk has been exhausted these last few weeks. Big? Yes. Major? Not so much.

Talk about much ado about nothing.

You guys are really sniffing too much glue these days, as there was absolutely NOTHING revelatory in this segment that I just wasted 35 minutes listening to.

It is all of the same comments that he made last time, with his twittering (haha), etc.

unless he's getting his info directly from Ralph, nothing he has heard is guaranteed since it might be his "source" that gets axed.

i appreciate his interest in the team, and wanting to keep the fans interested. but i just cant buy that he knows things other people dont.

I feel like you are a completly different person now that you have changed your avatar. Please change it back.

i wouldnt get too excited. i guarantee the FO doesnt keep Thurman well informed. plus, he cant predict exactly what is going to happen.

i think we ALL know there are going to be some changes, and we're ALL excited about that. but i think that is all we know. even Thurman.

If you are correct that the FO doesn't keep Thurman well informed, do you believe Jim Kelly is? --- and perhaps Thurman is getting his sense of the behind-the-scenes stuff from Kelly?

i wouldnt get too excited. i guarantee the FO doesnt keep Thurman well informed. plus, he cant predict exactly what is going to happen.

i think we ALL know there are going to be some changes, and we're ALL excited about that. but i think that is all we know. even Thurman.

Don't diss Thurm, he'll twit about it.