Listening To Thurman On WGR Right Now

BuffaloBaumer

And if you read between the lines, he is very confident that people are going to be happy when this off-season commences. There are MAJOR changes that will happen so I will just be crossing my fingers as the first couple weeks of January take place......He obviously has a lot of inside info as he even stated that he believes he will have some input on the situation

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldnt get too excited. i guarantee the FO doesnt keep Thurman well informed. plus, he cant predict exactly what is going to happen.

i think we ALL know there are going to be some changes, and we're ALL excited about that. but i think that is all we know. even Thurman.

i wouldnt get too excited. i guarantee the FO doesnt keep Thurman well informed. plus, he cant predict exactly what is going to happen.

i think we ALL know there are going to be some changes, and we're ALL excited about that. but i think that is all we know. even Thurman.

He is definitely involved in something over there and unless he is lying, he is pretty well informed.....

Not to get into the whole rumor thing, but a friend of mine has it on good authority that Kelly is meeting with Ralph and his advisors to discuss he getting involved in ownership. Doesn't mean anything but it's still encouraging to here Ralph may be insuring the Bills' future in Buffalo.

He is definitely involved in something over there and unless he is lying, he is pretty well informed.....

unless he's getting his info directly from Ralph, nothing he has heard is guaranteed since it might be his "source" that gets axed.

i appreciate his interest in the team, and wanting to keep the fans interested. but i just cant buy that he knows things other people dont.

Not to get into the whole rumor thing, but a friend of mine has it on good authority that Kelly is meeting with Ralph and his advisors to discuss he getting involved in ownership. Doesn't mean anything but it's still encouraging to here Ralph may be insuring the Bills' future in Buffalo.

That is exactly what it sounded like to me.....

IIRC, Thurman had the scoop on the Shanny interview before it hit the wires. He just didn't disclose it other than a teasing post on his twitter.

So he may or may not have any inside on what's going on, but it's not like he's a random fan on a message board.

My first thought was an ownership change. That is the only thing that would constitute a "major" change in Bills nation.

This has nothing to do with the Bills, but in Showtime's backstage rockumentary about Bon Jovi's last tour, the subject of the purchase on an NFL team came up. Mr. Jovi was on the phone in his hotel room having serious phone conversations with a group that was trying to buy an NFL team. He was trying to convince this person on the other line that he was a serious businessman and not just a cheesy hair band singer. Just a side anecdote I thought I'd throw in there. Exactly which team was this group trying to buy? Hmmm...

Speculation is all the fun we have left this season. My bet is Ralph is selling the team.

Kelly said the same thing a couple weeks ago. Something is going down, and maybe it happens this off season that Ralph starts the process of selling the team.

And for people who say Thurman doesn't know, he also said he texted Russ Brandon about whats going on with the search. Didnt say what Brandon said back, but they talk.

No but I think Kelly is on the inside, and Thomas is getting his info from Kelly. It may be he does know more, but knows if he says too much then Kelly will keep him out of the loop, so just throwing out a few teasers.

Guest dog14787

I hope Thurmal knows the Shanny man is coming to town,(my Santa) that's what I'm hoping for because a Shanahan running game in Buffalo would be Oh so sweet, especially with our RB's.

My first thought was an ownership change. That is the only thing that would constitute a "major" change in Bills nation.

This has nothing to do with the Bills, but in Showtime's backstage rockumentary about Bon Jovi's last tour, the subject of the purchase on an NFL team came up. Mr. Jovi was on the phone in his hotel room having serious phone conversations with a group that was trying to buy an NFL team. He was trying to convince this person on the other line that he was a serious businessman and not just a cheesy hair band singer. Just a side antidote I thought I'd throw in there. Exactly which team was this group trying to buy? Hmmm...

Speculation is all the fun we have left this season. My bet is Ralph is selling the team.

Hell, I believe Bon Jovi's arena team won a championship.

This move would make perfect sense for RW. He can keep 51% and let Kelly & his group deal with the stress of running the show. Plus, he will get rightfully recognized as a great owen who keep the Bills in Buffalo. I jsut hope Ralph's pride doesn't take over.

Hell, I believe Bon Jovi's arena team won a championship.

This move would make perfect sense for RW. He can keep 51% and let Kelly & his group deal with the stress of running the show. Plus, he will get rightfully recognized as a great owen who keep the Bills in Buffalo. I jsut hope Ralph's pride doesn't take over.

I would love it if this were all true. "Major" change is not another GM or even the hiring of Mike Shanahan (who I see as having less than 0 interest in Buffalo).

Kelly seems awfully tied in to what is going on with the team

I wouldn't be surprised if Ralph sold 49% to Kelly and his group now, with the other 51% to be sold at a set price immediately upon his passing (or sooner if Ralph wished to get out of the business).

That way, Ralph is still the man calling the shots, but the future of the team is secure.

Al Davis is only one of several Raiders owners, but he owns the biggest share, so he is the man.

Ha, i can just imagine the player-personnel meetings involving Kelly, Thurman, Bon Jovi....heck maybe even Talley will be invited for his 2-cents.

Whoa...that was just an anecdote. Oh great, now I've created a monster!

:ph34r:

I'm just glad no one's busted on me for watching a Bon Jovi rockumentary.

That would be very big changes.

I'm not going to say Ralph selling the team to a Kelly-led group is ridiculous, as Thurman has moved back to Buffalo after having lived in Orlando, FL for several years. Tasker is in Buffalo. Something IS going on.

But Kelly has reportedly approached Ralph before about buying a share of the team, and Ralph would have none of the conversation.

Maybe he has changed heart, and now wants to get out or step back. I can see that.

But I don't think that it is likely.

Big changes to me would be gutting the personnel departments and axing Modrak and Guy. Moving Brandon back to the business side. Maybe promoting Nix. Hiring an outside GM and Pro Personnel guy who knows what he's doing.

Those are huge changes in and of themselves.

Not to mention we're getting a whole new coaching staff and hopefully philosophy.

GO BILLS!