Driving Pet Peeves - Mine Deals With Changing Lanes

Steely Dan

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not in PA, it isn't. He'd get ticketed for not keeping right. Left hand lane is for serious drivers only.

What the hell is a serious driver? BTW, if the left lane is for passing only, why do the speeders stay in the left lane after passing? Folk, this isn't Germany and the autobahn. The speed limit is there for a reason. It's not a suggestion. Just do the speed limit and everyone gets to there destination safe. Pretty simple.

Here's one I have never figured out:

The roadway is clear, I'm doing the limit, and ahead is somebody in the right lane driving, say 5 mph less. That's ok - I do that myself from time to time, but if traffic is such that I would be an impediment, I speed back up.

I approach the slower driver, signal my intentions, pass well ahead, then signal and drop back in the rt. lane.

Somehow, this affronts that slower driver - they speed up, pass, me, then slow down again. This can go on and on.

Maybe you don't have mud flaps and you are kicking crap up! :ph34r:

Anyway... It is America... NASCAR... All about me baby!!! :wallbash::lol:

Driving gets me so mad I could sit here and type about it all night, but here are a few of the things that PISS ME OFF!

1. The ass that is turning right onto the road I am currently doing 55-60 mph on, and I am the ONLY VEHICLE IN SIGHT, cant wait 2 seconds for me to go by. NO he has to pull out right in front of me at the LAST SECOND. and seeing he was in such a rush to get in front of me, he proceeds to do 45. !@#$ YOU!!!!!!!!!!

2. The problem with merging isnt the !@#$ not getting over to let the merging car in, its the fact that nobody can figure out that YOU NEED TO BE DOING THE SPEED LIMIT BY THE TIME YOU GET TO THE END OF THE ON RAMP! Trust me this will make merging much easier for all of us.

3. Finally, and this is by far the biggest thing that pisses me right off and makes me want to jump through someones windshield and shove their face into the gas pedal.....PAY ATTENTION TO THE SPEED LIMIT! This is for people driving on Buffalo rd. in Ogden ny between 259 and manitou rd. THE SPEED LIMIT IS 55 GOD DAMMIT! when the speed limit sign says "end 35 mph limit", and they dont post another sign THEN ITS 55! PAY ATTENTION!

OK i fell somewhat better now. Too bad i go drive to get dinner now

Driving gets me so mad I could sit here and type about it all night, but here are a few of the things that PISS ME OFF!

1. The ass that is turning right onto the road I am currently doing 55-60 mph on, and I am the ONLY VEHICLE IN SIGHT, cant wait 2 seconds for me to go by. NO he has to pull out right in front of me at the LAST SECOND. and seeing he was in such a rush to get in front of me, he proceeds to do 45. !@#$ YOU!!!!!!!!!!

2. The problem with merging isnt the !@#$ not getting over to let the merging car in, its the fact that nobody can figure out that YOU NEED TO BE DOING THE SPEED LIMIT BY THE TIME YOU GET TO THE END OF THE ON RAMP! Trust me this will make merging much easier for all of us.

3. Finally, and this is by far the biggest thing that pisses me right off and makes me want to jump through someones windshield and shove their face into the gas pedal.....PAY ATTENTION TO THE SPEED LIMIT! This is for people driving on Buffalo rd. in Ogden ny between 259 and manitou rd. THE SPEED LIMIT IS 55 GOD DAMMIT! when the speed limit sign says "end 35 mph limit", and they dont post another sign THEN ITS 55! PAY ATTENTION!

OK i fell somewhat better now. Too bad i go drive to get dinner now

Do you carry a base ball bat in your car?

lol no dont carry any weapons while i'm driving. But I do get really angry. Its a problem I have, but I would never do anything to hurt somebody.

To loosely quote guns n roses.." patience is a virtue, and I lost my virtue long ago......you know I'd like to hurt you, but my conscious always tells me no" :oops:

BTW, is Colorado home to the only drivers who actually come to a complete stop before trying to merge with traffic? For some reason these asshats thinks it's better to come to a complete stop and then try to merge at 25 to 35 mph. I see it all the time, not so much on the interstates, but on four-lane divided highways, it's an everyday occurrance. I swear this place is home to the worst drivers in the world and it only gets worse during skiing season!!! :oops:

Not using turn signals is a huge peeve as well as people who become mesmerized my flashing lights OF ANY COLOR NO MATTER WHICH SIDE OF THE INTERSTATE THEY ARE ON and immediately slow down to 10 miles UNDER the speed limit!!!! :oops:

On one interstate in my area there was a 3-4 mile backup because here were GOATS on the embankment. They were using them (Goats 'R Us- a real company) to eat the weeds. Idiots had to slow down to view them.

In almost the same place, there was a murder on the off ramp that went to a rural road- the only people who get off there are the dozen or so who live on that road. There was no blockage at all on the the interstate,but the lookey-loos backed up traffic at least 10 miles. It took me over three hours to go the 30 mies home.

These same mouth breathers have to slow down to read the over head message boards.

Nah, trunk monkeys are for passive people that need an animal to do their bidding for them. This guy seems whacked enough to take care of things himself.

This is true...

I was frustrated beyond belief today behind a car that had its turn signal on (turning right) on a road that allowed turning right on red. What does this F@$% do??? sits and waits for the light to turn green before they turn right...

This is true...

I was frustrated beyond belief today behind a car that had its turn signal on (turning right) on a road that allowed turning right on red. What does this F@$% do??? sits and waits for the light to turn green before they turn right...

It's not too late to ask Santa for your own trunk monkey.

Tonight, driving on the Thruway, snowplow in the right lane going 40 so everyone is moving over to the left lane except for that one guy. Keeps jumping in and out of the left lane trying to get one spot closer to go around. I won't let him cut in front of me since he's already done it once, so he thinks beeping his horn at me is going to change my mind. No way, go cut someone else off.

Another pet peev, almost anything my wife does when she drives, she really is one of the worst drivers I've ever been around.

I never let my wife drive when we are in the car together. Drives me nuts!! Here's one, when she talks she takes her foot off the gas. We'll be on the Thruway and she'll go from 60 to 40 when she is talking. Then I butt in just so we can get back to the speed limit

Can't suggest anything either as she tells me in 35 years of driving, not a ticket or accident

Tonight, driving on the Thruway, snowplow in the right lane going 40 so everyone is moving over to the left lane except for that one guy. Keeps jumping in and out of the left lane trying to get one spot closer to go around. I won't let him cut in front of me since he's already done it once, so he thinks beeping his horn at me is going to change my mind. No way, go cut someone else off.

What about that woman who died on the 90 about a week ago. Hits a deer and then stops right in the left lane, not even going to the shoulder. Sits in her car until a semi demolished her and her car

On one interstate in my area there was a 3-4 mile backup because here were GOATS on the embankment. They were using them (Goats 'R Us- a real company) to eat the weeds. Idiots had to slow down to view them.

In almost the same place, there was a murder on the off ramp that went to a rural road- the only people who get off there are the dozen or so who live on that road. There was no blockage at all on the the interstate,but the lookey-loos backed up traffic at least 10 miles. It took me over three hours to go the 30 mies home.

These same mouth breathers have to slow down to read the over head message boards.

Awwww, c'mon. Deys cwute wittle goatie woaties! ;)

This is true...

I once sat behind a guy who was so far back he wasn't over the metal detector on the road. So we sat there waiting for a light that would never trip. After getting tired of hoping somebody would come the other way I had to pull around this Deerball and stop on the metal detector in order for the light to change. The guy honked at me. :rolleyes: Frickin Dumbass!!

I never let my wife drive when we are in the car together. Drives me nuts!! Here's one, when she talks she takes her foot off the gas. We'll be on the Thruway and she'll go from 60 to 40 when she is talking. Then I butt in just so we can get back to the speed limit

Can't suggest anything either as she tells me in 35 years of driving, not a ticket or accident

Do me a favor. Tell her I'd like to know how many she's caused. ;)

What about that woman who died on the 90 about a week ago. Hits a deer and then stops right in the left lane, not even going to the shoulder. Sits in her car until a semi demolished her and her car

Darwin, paging Mr. Darwin.

Reminds me of a couple years ago. I'm on I-87 heading north, just crossed over the Tappen Zee Bridge. In the southbound lanes I can see a car stopped in the middle lane with it's flashers on. People are having to stomp on their brakes and jump into the other lanes to keep from hitting them. The highway there goes up a hill so I can still see them in my sideview mirror as I go past. Before I crest over the hill, I can see cars spinning, so I know at least one person finally hit them.

Do you have a link for that? I'd love to read the whole story. Thanks