Driving Pet Peeves - Mine Deals With Changing Lanes

Steely Dan

When someone is driving on the highway and they want to change lanes don't speed up when they put their signal on.

If I'm gonna change lanes I make sure I'm not gonna cut the person off. So when I put on my turn signal you're being a dick if you speed up to pass me before I can change lanes. A lot of the time when this happens the A-hole has a long line of cars behind him. Sometimes you'll get a nice guy who slows down to let you in but that does not negate the assheadedness of the first guy.

If you see somebody put on their turn signal to get into your lane, slow down a little to let them in. Is that so hard to understand. :lol:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When someone is driving on the highway and they want to change lanes don't speed up when they put signal on.

If I'm gonna change lanes I make sure I'm not gonna cut the person off. So when I put on my turn signal you're being a dick if you speed up to pass me before I can change lanes. A lot of the time when this happens the A-hole has a long line of cars behind him. Sometimes you'll get a nice guy who slows down to let you in but that does not negate the assheadedness of the first guy.

If you see somebody put on their turn signal to get into your lane, slow down a little to let them in. Is that so hard to understand. :lol:

There's not a jursidiction in the nation, that couldn't balance their budget by simply putting their police force on most any corner and issuing tickets for failure to signal intent. As well as States that require a front license tag. I bet half the lunks in my daily travels won't bother to put on the front plate given to them.

Easy money, to good purpose...

BTW - message to the late-night crowd - a burnt-out tail light, a brake light, a bum headlight, no front plate if required, are mother's milk to your police force. They will pick you off every time when the sun goes down, because you made yourself an easy target.

Yeah I understand your frustration Steely, but where I'm trying to get to is MUCH more important than where you are trying to get AND my time is much more valuable than yours. :lol:

Put neplluB on the front of your car and then I'll know it's you and cut you some slack. :lol:

There's not a jursidiction in the nation, that couldn't balance their budget by simply putting their police force on most any corner and issuing tickets for failure to signal intent. As well as States that require a front license tag. I bet half the lunks in my daily travels won't bother to put on the front plate given to them.

Easy money, to good purpose...

BTW - message to the late-night crowd - a burnt-out tail light, a brake light, a bum headlight, no front plate if required, are mother's milk to your police force. They will pick you off every time when the sun goes down, because you made yourself an easy target.

Well they gotta put their Dale Earnhardt Jr. license plate somewhere!

These days, I just want to get where I'm going in one piece. That's it. You want to cut in front of me, fine. You want that parking spot? Fine. Just get me there and eventually back home, in one piece. Yesterday, on the interstate in My Yami, we're stuck in massive traffic gridlock and this nimrod in front of me rear ends the Beemer in front of him. We must have been going all of 5 mph. WTF?

Exactly, that's the easy stuff. I have been pulled over for a headlight a few times now.

People who don't signal early enough to give my time to switch lanes. You are following them in the left hand lane and they are turning left (going accross 2 lanes) and they hit their brakes to turn and then signal. I always signal a little early in that case, giving the people behind me time to move to the right lane and pass before they are stuck behind me.

Well based on my accident today... people trying to make left turns from the right hand lane on a 2-lane road. Mother f#$@er.

How bad was the damage? I'm assuming you're ok.

These days, I just want to get where I'm going in one piece. That's it. You want to cut in front of me, fine. You want that parking spot? Fine. Just get me there and eventually back home, in one piece. Yesterday, on the interstate in My Yami, we're stuck in massive traffic gridlock and this nimrod in front of me rear ends the Beemer in front of him. We must have been going all of 5 mph. WTF?

Was Skooby mad? :lol:

How bad was the damage? I'm assuming you're ok.

Yeah me and the other guy are both fine, luckily. I t-boned him and hit him right in his drivers door and he only has a sore hip from it and I'm fine.

Fix it.

And I'm not sure why...

EDIT: okay, I'm a total moron, my bad haha

Here in Philly, yield signs are apparently optional and stop signs are really yield signs.

Also, people have no idea how to merge into traffic. My girlfriend and I believe the solution to this is to have a sign with a picture of a zipper, because that is essentially what a correct merge looks like.

Here in Philly, yield signs are apparently optional and stop signs are really yield signs.

Also, people have no idea how to merge into traffic. My girlfriend and I believe the solution to this is to have a sign with a picture of a zipper, because that is essentially what a correct merge looks like.

That's because you are so close to New Jersey. Must be in the water!

When someone is driving on the highway and they want to change lanes don't speed up when they put their signal on.

And you're probably the mouth-breather that's driving 55 MPH that insists on getting into the center or Left hand lane.

Boy, was he. Cursing up storm in Spanish.

Like Ricky Ricardo?

The merge lanes in Pennsylvania are a joke. They are way to short and some of them actually have stop signs at the end of them. :lol:

A friend of mine in NYC said that red lights are just a suggestion in the city.

Slow drivers in the fast lane really :lol: me off! Maryland drivers are the worst at this.

I hate that too! The left lane is a passing lane. If you have cars lined up behind you in the fast lane you need to pull over Jackass!!

When I worked at a gas station a friend was pumping gas for a woman with a big van, yes kids there once was a time before self serve. He noticed the "Take it Easy" bumper sticker and said; "I hate people driving in the fast lane and are going the speed limit". Well the woman heard that and went on a long tirade about how the speed limit is the speed limit in every lane. :lol:

And you're probably the mouth-breather that's driving 55 MPH that insists on getting into the center or Left hand lane.

You're an idiot.

Well based on my accident today... people trying to make left turns from the right hand lane on a 2-lane road. Mother f#$@er.

Sorry to hear that. Hope nobody was hurt

The merge lanes in Pennsylvania are a joke.

The merge lanes in Virginia are worse (and I used to live in PA).

In Virginia the merge lanes and off ramp are reversed. Instead of having the off ramp first and then the on ramp, some rocket surgeon designed it backwards here. So you have people getting onto the interstate trying to merge using the same lane at the same time as somebody trying to get on the off ramp