Shanahan met with Bills for 7 hours over 2 days

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
dont know if this neaded a new thread, but they really seem to be putting the full court press on. they went out to Denver to meet with him

Wow!!! several hours and it carried on into today, sounds promising :thumbsup:

Come on Man!

You do not spend this amount of time for just a negotioation ploy. There is genuine interest. If reports that Shannahan is a ego maniac are correct... the biggest deal in NFL coaching history is a huge stroke. I pefer Marty Shottenheimer, but landing Shanny would be the best shot in the arm since Kelly came to town.

Or desperate. Either way I hope they sign him, but from what I have been reading, any signing won't take place until January.

Thats what most people here don't seem to get. The Bills are not likely to make a hire til January at minimum. Even if they have found their guy.

I think this meeting could very well help the Bills in their efforts to fix the organization even if they don't land Shanhan. I imagine Russ would gain tons of insight from Shanny with regard to what he might do or things the Bills needs to do in order to be more attractive to a top tier coach/GM. I think that this meeting will go a long way to fixing the Bills problems regardless of where Shanny ends up next year. Russ is not a classic Football Guy, but he is not stupid either. I would think this meeting will benefit him greatly