Poz sucks!!

DerrickO

Did you watch the same game as this guy? From the Buff News:

Run defense

Terrific effort by front seven despite absence of Stroud. Williams, Johnson and Posluszny were huge. Jones-Drew averaged 2.6 on 25 carries, long of 10. Grade: A.

Every game I see this guy out of position and getting run over by somebody.

I feel who ever comes in as coach many of the players on defense will be gone.The

only guy who seems to be worth anything is Byrd.

Wow, you are an a$$. Did you even watch the game? He was all over the place

Did you watch the same game as this guy? From the Buff News:

Run defense

Terrific effort by front seven despite absence of Stroud. Williams, Johnson and Posluszny were huge. Jones-Drew averaged 2.6 on 25 carries, long of 10. Grade: A.

I Thought McCargo played well also before he went out with an injury (what else is new?)

I feel who ever comes in as coach many of the players on defense will be gone.The

No more posts please. you are way off on this one.

This is not the week to criticize Poz. He played well except on the one TD run where he wiffed on Jones Drew. Put two reasonably sized LB's to his side and he will be fine for the next several years.

Agreed. I've gone after Poz alot this year but this was a very good week for him.

Every game I see this guy out of position and getting run over by somebody. I feel who ever comes in as coach many of the players on defense will be gone. The only guy who seems to be worth anything is Byrd.

Pay attention next time and learn something about football. In the meantime, STFU. :unsure::w00t:

This is not the week to criticize Poz. He played well except on the one TD run where he wiffed on Jones Drew. Put two reasonably sized LB's to his side and he will be fine for the next several years.

He was glaringly bad early, and I thought "here we go again". But he actually ended up playing a good game. That nasty facemask takedown on MJD early in the game underscores his tendency to take bad angles and not be athletic enough to overcome it but overall he played maybe his best game of the season.

As others have mentioned, Bryan Scott had an excellent game. Made two huge plays in coverage. The tip that Wilson intercepted and that third down deflection on the pass to MJD in the second half.

Bryan Scott in 2 games is a much better LB than Paul Posluszny is after nearly 3 seasons. Poz's lack of athleticism is evident each and every week and he is nothing above a below average MLB in the NFL. Have not been happy with his play at all this season and don't think he played particularly well today.

On Maurice Jones Drew lone TD run, Poz was unblocked, instead of meeting MJD in the hole he waited for MJD to come to him. he took a false step to the outside, slipped and Jones Drew walked in. Any decent backer comes in and makes the hit on the the halfback preventing the TD in that situation. If you don't believe me just take a look back at the play.

Thanks for the post.

Now go spend 3 hours and actually watch the game.

Poz isn't Patrick Willis, but he's a quality NFL linebacker.

Thanks for the post.

Now go spend 3 hours and actually watch the game.

Poz isn't Patrick Willis, but he's a quality NFL linebacker.

Poz has played very poorly this season. It's not a matter of debate really it's a fact. Bills fans that say Poz has played well for us this year either have rose colored glasses or don't know what is expected out of a MLB in the NFL. Just to fill you in, a quality starting LB does not consistently: take the wrong angle on RB's, slip in the hole when unblocked letting the RB walk into the endzone (see MJD touchdown run today), get stonewalled by every single OG and C when attempting to get pressure on the QB, get beat in coverage whether its across the middle, outside or deep middle, chase RB's from behind.

Take a look at Poz today when he blitzed. It's like watching instant replay everytime he blitzes because the result is always the same thing. STONEWALLED. I don't know who to blame: Poz for not having any agility or power to get around or through the O-Lineman, or the coaches who continue to call on him to blitz when he is so ineffective in doing so.

I've been super hard on Poz this season, more so because I feel most people on this board idolize him for factors that don't pertain to football (he's a blue collar kid, played at Penn State and is white). I feel he is highly overrated by some on this board, but certainly not a bad player. He's just average.

Today, to my eyes, he was above average to good. Ignore the number of tackles he had in the stat column (tackles are the most worthless statistic in football because they don't tell the story). But he made a handful of solid, solid plays and certainly was a big part of the equation that limited Jones-Drew to a below average day.

However, he also made some glaring mistakes: biting on (several) play action plays, one of which led to a TD pass, getting run over by Gerrard (I know Gerrard is a big and mobile QB, but the dude is a MLB. He shouldn't get flattened by a QB. Ever) ...

Poz is the 2nd best LB on the team (behind Mitchell), but that's not saying much considering the Bills have (in my opinion) one of, if not the worst LB corps in the NFL.

Still, today was not a day to say Poz sucks. He didn't suck today. He was good. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I've been super hard on Poz this season, more so because I feel most people on this board idolize him for factors that don't pertain to football (he's a blue collar kid, played at Penn State and is white). I feel he is highly overrated by some on this board, but certainly not a bad player. He's just average.

Today, to my eyes, he was above average to good. Ignore the number of tackles he had in the stat column (tackles are the most worthless statistic in football because they don't tell the story). But he made a handful of solid, solid plays and certainly was a big part of the equation that limited Jones-Drew to a below average day.

However, he also made some glaring mistakes: biting on (several) play action plays, one of which led to a TD pass, getting run over by Gerrard (I know Gerrard is a big and mobile QB, but the dude is a MLB. He shouldn't get flattened by a QB. Ever) ...

Poz is the 2nd best LB on the team (behind Mitchell), but that's not saying much considering the Bills have (in my opinion) one of, if not the worst LB corps in the NFL.

Still, today was not a day to say Poz sucks. He didn't suck today. He was good. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Totally agree here. Poz is not great, but he's fine. Hardly the problem but also not making things better. When rebuilding the franchise his replacement should be at the bottom of the list, but still probably on the list.

get a clue rookie. poz is not dominant but he most certainly does not suck. he needs some friggin help.

He needs help making tackles, Poz never I mean never stonewalls anyone. When he makes contact with someone that person usually gains 2 more yards. granted Poz did force a fumble today. He was beaten badly on the first MJD TD. Really a very poor effort on his part to make a play. Overall performance slightly below average, Which is a good day for him. He does not "suck" but not much more than a journeyman at this time in his career. Will be very lucky to receive a second contract worth the same as his first one.

Did Poz suck because he didn't have any interceptions or sacks? I get the impression that people would say he sucks simply because he doesn't put up "sexy" numbers on D. I also hear about his three years in the league....Poz missed considerable time his rookie year, and is playing with a cast on his arm this year. The guy is always around the ball, and while he is not Ray Lewis, I feel he is progressing and will be a staple on the D for years to come, barring injury.

If our defense wasn't completely decimated by injury he would look a lot better. He and Mitchell play very well together. I think Scott is doing a great job at LB, he seems to be a natural.

A star middle linebacker should make plays at crucial times in a game. Tell me one time when he did that.

And yes I may be an ass, But Poz still sucks.

Forcing the fumble to stop a Jax drive at the BUF 20 doesn't count?

Sorry, it has to be done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Nothing personal, just not a very accurate evaluation of Poz's game yesterday IMO.

A star middle linebacker should make plays at crucial times in a game. Tell me one time when he did that.

When have the Bills played a crucial game since Poz has been here?

What's your definition of a "star" middle linebacker?

There's only 3 in the league that can be classified as stars...

Patrick Willis

Ray Lewis

Brian Urlacher

Not sure what game you were watching yesterday, but all I saw was Poz making the tackle on about every other play. Sounds like you just don't like him.

Poz is the one guy whom people are not allowed to critique on this board.

He was ok yesterday. I still hope that he will be what we all hoped that he would be when we drafted him. Has he lived up to what people thought he would be? No. Was he worth the pick that we used on him? Not yet. Do I wish that he would fill holes better? Yes. Do I wish that he would wrap up at the goal line? Yes.

Can he improve? I hope so.

Pay attention next time and learn something about football. In the meantime, STFU. :lol::nana:

Everyone needs to expect much more from our players. This is why we suck. If they make one good play every once in a while everyone seems to think they are great. If a good coach comes in don't expect to see many of these guys around anymore. We need a complete overhall on both sides of the ball. That is why we are what we are.......3-7. Stop defending a team that can't win. Most of these guys would not even start anyplace else.

Poz has played very poorly this season. It's not a matter of debate really it's a fact. Bills fans that say Poz has played well for us this year either have rose colored glasses or don't know what is expected out of a MLB in the NFL. Just to fill you in, a quality starting LB does not consistently: take the wrong angle on RB's, slip in the hole when unblocked letting the RB walk into the endzone (see MJD touchdown run today), get stonewalled by every single OG and C when attempting to get pressure on the QB, get beat in coverage whether its across the middle, outside or deep middle, chase RB's from behind.

Take a look at Poz today when he blitzed. It's like watching instant replay everytime he blitzes because the result is always the same thing. STONEWALLED. I don't know who to blame: Poz for not having any agility or power to get around or through the O-Lineman, or the coaches who continue to call on him to blitz when he is so ineffective in doing so.

Granted Poz isn't the second coming of Derrick Thomas or anything like that, but where are the so called "facts" and not just your biased opinions?