Mr. Wilson speaks

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AP (jw) via ESPN

OR being the key word.

Before you start reading sinister intentions, consider this: If Wilson wants Shanahan, he is going to have to act quickly. If he hires Shanny, he's not going to get a high-profile GM because any GM worth his salt wants to hire his own people. So if we get a Cowher, Shanny, or Holmgren, they will get full control of football ops, making a football GM moot.

Is this a good idea? The odds say no. There has never been a coach who is also GM that has won a Super Bowl. Further there has never been a Super Bowl-winning coach who has won it again with a new team. But Bills Nation wants a marquee name. Everyone is convinced a big name will win us the big one. I think we will be very disappointed.

PTR

writethru filed with additional quotes and perspective, including his thoughts on Shanahan ... sorry, i can't break that here.

will have more after that. though not the bombshell everyone was looking for, it's evident this thing will be fully reviewed after Jan. 3.

jw

But the timing is the part that doesn't make sense to me.

We know that the scouting dept was decimated, so why not take steps as soon as possible to at least beef that up now? If you start on Jan 3, and the process takes 1 month, then you lose valuable evaluation time. Shoot, I know Dwight Adams would love to do some field work for the Bills to get the ball rolling.