JP Ripping up the League in UFL

cage

Lets see, college football is at it's peak, the NFL is on, NBA/NHL/College basketball just started & they got reruns of the golden girls pretty much on 22hrs a day. To answer your question, no I have not watched the UFL.

Dog, GG, Gary, you guys are really clueless if you think Losman is an NFL QB. Your especially clueless Dog if you think when that moron fumbled to cost us the Jets game; that is what caused him to be exiled out of the NFL & into a league with where the champion would probably have a tough time beating a good high school football team. That is just one of many things that caused him to be booted out of the league.

So, you have not watched UFL, but you can certainly espouse an opinion of the players and the games. Good for you.

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to understand why JP wasn't in an NFL training camp this year. It was evident in his first game in UFL. What also was evident about JP is that he was a raw prospect who fell into a pile of crap in Buffalo.

The whole rationale for him going to UFL was to improve his play and maybe catch on with another NFL team next year. I'd say that based on the games that I have seen, he will get another shot.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We can all do simple math, but you cannot simply say he would have thrown for 36 TDs had he played 16 games. He could as likely have thrown another 10, or been benched for awful play.

Then why did YOU bring up a stat that's actually very good?

And buy even mentioning other QBs in the NFL, you make it even less of "a pretty good stat" and, in fact, more meaningless.

It doesn't matter what league it's in 9 TDs in 4 games is nothing to sneeze at. While he's playing against scrubs, it's not like he's throwing to Jerry Rice in his prime.

Look, if JP was going to make a statement in the UFL, he would have put up Arena Football numbers against these weekend warrior defenses coming at him. But instead, it turns out that all we've learned about JP is that he is not even as good as Brooks Bollinger!

So what? I'd wager that Brooks Bollinger beats out any of the QBs that Bills, Raiders, 49ers, Bucs, Rams, Skins & Browns currently have on the roster. Does that make him a star, no. But it puts him in the lower echelon of QBs in the league.

So, you have not watched UFL, but you can certainly espouse an opinion of the players and the games. Good for you.

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to understand why JP wasn't in an NFL training camp this year. It was evident in his first game in UFL. What also was evident about JP is that he was a raw prospect who fell into a pile of crap in Buffalo.

The whole rationale for him going to UFL was to improve his play and maybe catch on with another NFL team next year. I'd say that based on the games that I have seen, he will get another shot.

No he won't. He just is not good enough. I really do not have to watch any UFL games, I seen him for 5yrs in Buffalo. That is enough for me. The rest of the league thinks he stinks too, or he would of been invited to at least attend a training camp. Do you think Brooks Bollinger is any good; because he has outplayed Losman so far.

All of those strong UFL defenses must be REALLY difficult to pass against :w00t:

I've seen JP having success this year when his receivers got wide open & he didn't throw it over their heads like he's done numerous times this year. What I haven't seen is too many passes that have been spot on in heavy coverage-something a successful NFL QB has to do every now & then.

Guest dog14787
All of those strong UFL defenses must be REALLY difficult to pass against :w00t:

The Florida Tuskers actually have a pretty decent defense and I know folks think I'm crazy when I say this, but I actually think the Tuskers could beat some of the cellar dwellers in the NFL.

I've been campaigning for a Toilet Bowl where the best UFL team faces the worse NFL team. The winner plays in the NFL the following season.

Tell me that wouldn't put a whole new spin on things. :D

I've seen JP having success this year when his receivers got wide open & he didn't throw it over their heads like he's done numerous times this year. What I haven't seen is too many passes that have been spot on in heavy coverage-something a successful NFL QB has to do every now & then.
Remember, Fassel just started working with him. It may take another 4-5 years, but he could get there.

He will be in an NFL uni next year, wouldn't surprise me if it is in Buffalo.

No, don't think it'll be next year - he'll finish his 2-year contract - and I doubt he'd ever come back to Buffalo after all the nonsense he had to endure here. But I agree that JP Losman will most definitely be back in the NFL in 2011 to haunt and laugh at the Bills, probably playing for one of our division rivals.

let me ask you this...how did you feel about Dennis Shaw?

Good for JP.... Hell he might have been a good QB on a better team........Does it reall matter....we've moved on and now were just waiting for Edwards and Fitzpatrick to exit! Does either one of these bums excite anyone.? Oh, I am sorry Bill Walsh said he was good....Someone please tell me if this loser lost in High school too! I prefer a player who knows how to win......not lose!

Good for JP.... Hell he might have been a good QB on a better team........Does it reall matter....we've moved on and now were just waiting for Edwards and Fitzpatrick to exit! Does either one of these bums excite anyone.? Oh, I am sorry Bill Walsh said he was good....Someone please tell me if this loser lost in High school too! I prefer a player who knows how to win......not lose!

Me too. Thats why I don't join those clamoring for Clausen after a spectacular career at ND. Is he the losingest qb in that schools history? I would think close anyway.

He will be in an NFL uni next year, wouldn't surprise me if it is in Buffalo.

BTW, what kind of name is this?

http://www.ufl-football.com/players/profile/2916

No way he is in buffalo.... he had his chance. He blew it. He is not a starting NFL QB.... Maybe 3rd. If he was, he would be ine the ufl

I agree with the sentiment that JP was not run out of town because of one play... the guy was damn-near solely responsible for my acid reflux. If anybody denies his athletic ability, they are doing so in between licking windows. He just didn't have the decision making ability it takes to make it in the NFL.

He will probably come back, and may make a fine backup, but he isn't getting younger and when in the NFL, pure athleticism doesn't cut it (see Johnson, Rob.) I hope JP does well, and I hope we quit taking project picks, or at least until we have somebody able to complete the project!

No, don't think it'll be next year - he'll finish his 2-year contract - and I doubt he'd ever come back to Buffalo after all the nonsense he had to endure here. But I agree that JP Losman will most definitely be back in the NFL in 2011 to haunt and laugh at the Bills, probably playing for one of our division rivals.

Yah those backups always get bragging rights. :lol: