JP Ripping up the League in UFL

cage

We have actually been discussing JP's progress in the UFL for awhile now, in fact I just brought up JP's stats a few days ago, but I'm glad you are bringing more attention to him.

Jim Fassel has done an amazing job with JP Losman. :doh:

QB development, something the Bills have overlooked for a decade.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never bought a sports jersey and I think that any person over the age of 12 who wears one has a deep desire to suckle their own mother. But I would consider buying a jersey with only the first name of Craphonso Thorpe of the UFL.

We have actually been discussing JP's progress in the UFL for awhile now, in fact I just brought up JP's stats a few days ago, but I'm glad you are bringing more attention to him.

Jim Fassel has done an amazing job with JP Losman. :doh:

I had the distinct pleasure of watching a "Locos" game the other night on TV.

In the 15 minutes I watched I saw the following:

JP on 2nd and 7 from his own 20 go waaayy back to pass, look down field, run to his left, but still toward the goal line, turn back to the line of scrimmage and with a defender still 3 or so yards away from him, fall to the turf and get touched down. 15 yard loss. Paul Maguire was going off about how a veteran QB NEEDS to get rid of the ball and not take a sack in a circumstance like that.

Later in the game JP came to the line of scrimmage with 15 seconds or so left in the 3rd qtr, with well over 10 seconds left on the play clock and only 2 seconds left in the quarter, JP called time out. Fassel blew his top letting lose with a string of profanity that only could have been played on pay cable. Again the announcers were beside themselves as to why JP would call and WASTE a time out instead of just letting the period expire.

JP hasn't and will not change. Even in the minor leagues his core faults are as glaring as ever.

I had the distinct pleasure of watching a "Locos" game the other night on TV.

In the 15 minutes I watched I saw the following:

JP on 2nd and 7 from his own 20 go waaayy back to pass, look down field, run to his left, but still toward the goal line, turn back to the line of scrimmage and with a defender still 3 or so yards away from him, fall to the turf and get touched down. 15 yard loss. Paul Maguire was going off about how a veteran QB NEEDS to get rid of the ball and not take a sack in a circumstance like that.

Later in the game JP came to the line of scrimmage with 15 seconds or so left in the 3rd qtr, with well over 10 seconds left on the play clock and only 2 seconds left in the quarter, JP called time out. Fassel blew his top letting lose with a string of profanity that only could have been played on pay cable. Again the announcers were beside themselves as to why JP would call and WASTE a time out instead of just letting the period expire.

JP hasn't and will not change. Even in the minor leagues his core faults are as glaring as ever.

This is the beauty of these threads. Yes, JP did all of those and I think they all happened on the same drive, which incidentally resulted in a go ahead TD for the Locos, where Losman completed many key 3rd down conversions. So while the plays you highlight were emblematic Losman that people are familiar with, the result of the drive (TD) and his general play in that game were not.

This is the beauty of these threads. Yes, JP did all of those and I think they all happened on the same drive, which incidentally resulted in a go ahead TD for the Locos, where Losman completed many key 3rd down conversions. So while the plays you highlight were emblematic Losman that people are familiar with, the result of the drive (TD) and his general play in that game were not.

The end of third quarter did result in a TD (after a 3rd down Pass Interference), but the 15 yard sack drive ended in a punt.

Guest dog14787

JP Losman basically had his reputation and future in the NFL dictated by one blunder, a blunder on one of the worse play calls in NFL history.

Its sad that folks still continue to attack Losman based on one series or one bad game, QB's have bad plays, bad days, it happens.

Losman is throwing for close to 300 yards a game with 9 TD, 2 interceptions and a win this weekend should cement the Loco's into the UFL Championship against the Florida Tuskers.

Have any of you watched a UFL game? I have seen 3 of JPs, and he still sucks. Errant throws, easily sacked, fumble prone, cannot make a read, terrible. He has been terrible.

I've watched several, and those characterizations of Losman's play in that league are way off his overall performance, especially considering the way he's played as the season has progressed.

Wow, 9 TDs (in 4 games??) against guys who would otherwise be getting ready for their real job's flag football championship.

Awesome. Really tearing it up.

He belongs in the NFL---everyone will see this after this "season" is over. Who wouldn't want that kind of output from their QB?

Go back in your "cage", bro.

Dude, it was a joke posting to distract us from the actual team...

Guest dog14787
I've watched several, and those characterizations of Losman's play in that league are way off his overall performance, especially considering the way he's played as the season has progressed.

My impressions also, Fassel has worked with Losman's footwork and body positioning during his throwing motion and it is paying off with much better composure in the pocket, control and accuracy.

JP Losman was standing to upright during delivery ( needed to spread his stance more and bend at the knees a little to stabilize his throws) Oddly enough Trent Edwards may have the same problem.

Just goes to show what a real good QB coach will see that other coaches do not.

Have any of you watched a UFL game? I have seen 3 of JPs, and he still sucks. Errant throws, easily sacked, fumble prone, cannot make a read, terrible. He has been terrible.

Lets see, college football is at it's peak, the NFL is on, NBA/NHL/College basketball just started & they got reruns of the golden girls pretty much on 22hrs a day. To answer your question, no I have not watched the UFL.

Dog, GG, Gary, you guys are really clueless if you think Losman is an NFL QB. Your especially clueless Dog if you think when that moron fumbled to cost us the Jets game; that is what caused him to be exiled out of the NFL & into a league with where the champion would probably have a tough time beating a good high school football team. That is just one of many things that caused him to be booted out of the league.

The Bills just cut a former NFLE MVP. Just goes to show all the JP lovers how meaningless some minor league stats are, and JP isn't even the best QB in a 4 team league.

I've seen all his games except the game in NY after the Yankees game 6 came on. Same old JP, weaker competition.

I'm sure JP also looks good when he plays sandlot ball with a bunch of kids from the block.

... which translates to 36 TDs over 16 games.

... which no QB in NFL had last year.

Yes, it is the minor leagues, but don't disparage a pretty good stat

We can all do simple math, but you cannot simply say he would have thrown for 36 TDs had he played 16 games. He could as likely have thrown another 10, or been benched for awful play.

And buy even mentioning other QBs in the NFL, you make it even less of "a pretty good stat" and, in fact, more meaningless.

Look, if JP was going to make a statement in the UFL, he would have put up Arena Football numbers against these weekend warrior defenses coming at him. But instead, it turns out that all we've learned about JP is that he is not even as good as Brooks Bollinger!

Dude, it was a joke posting to distract us from the actual team...

Cage, be more obvious with your joke perhaps. You see, there's so much stupidity around here, it's often hard to tell when one is serious or sarcastic.

All it takes is a :doh:

Cincy you managed to combine wisdom and humor in one short post... kudos to you! :lol:

Of course, it would be even worse if Isaiah's sister Iris married her longtime beau, Anquan Onit, and decided to hypenate.

Then again, with a name like Pead, she should marry R. Kelly. :(

:doh::lol: