Shanahan could be Bills' top choice

Tortured Soul

Yahoo Sports had a video a few days ago talking about Shanahan. Said he and his defensive co ordinator were traveling around to prospective employer's camps and talking and checking them out etc. Wonder if he's been to Buffalo yet. I haven't heard of any airport sitings here.

I'd be happy if Shanahan were hired.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yahoo Sports had a video a few days ago talking about Shanahan. Said he and his defensive co ordinator were traveling around to prospective employer's camps and talking and checking them out etc. Wonder if he's been to Buffalo yet. I haven't heard of any airport sitings here.

I always wanted Shanahan and Jauron compete in a contest to see who would blink their eyelids first. :rolleyes:

In an ideal world, Shanahan would be my top choice to be the Bills next head coach. They certainly need someone who is capable of turning around what has possibly been the league's worst offense over the last seven seasons. The question is whether or not Ralph would be willing to pay him, but even more importantly, whether Shanahan would even want this job.

Cowher would be choice #1 for me. Shanahan #2.

that article says Marty Schottenheimer, not Shanahan, could be coming. With his son Brian as the OC. I wouldn't mind that at all

That's the latest rumor on that page. If you scroll down it talks about Shanahan. Both are just rumors. The next piece will be probably be about Cowher and all of them are just rumors.

In an ideal world, Shanahan would be my top choice to be the Bills next head coach. They certainly need someone who is capable of turning around what has possibly been the league's worst offense over the last seven seasons. The question is whether or not Ralph would be willing to pay him, but even more importantly, whether Shanahan would even want this job.

Marty Schottenheimer is an absolute control FREAK. There's no way Ralph, Brandon and the other henchmen relinquish that much control of the organization to any one guy. Marty was legendary in DC for even assigning parking spots to the administrative staff. He's a lunatic.

Marty Schottenheimer is an absolute control FREAK. There's no way Ralph, Brandon and the other henchmen relinquish that much control of the organization to any one guy. Marty was legendary in DC for even assigning parking spots to the administrative staff. He's a lunatic.

I'll take a lunatic that can win a lot of games which Marty's history shows he can do.

No disagreement. He is. On the other hand, people around here said the same things a few years ago about a guy named Tom Coughlin.

I'll take a lunatic that can win a lot of games which Marty's history shows he can do.

Exactly! Marty's last season with SD was a 14-2 regular season record. Marty would have big solid linemen and both sides of the ball. A 14-2 record would get us home-field advantage for the playoffs and having those big lines would work in our favor for the January playoff games.

We do have a HORRIBLE offense, but you cannot say the Browns are better than.... oh wait, nevermind.

Gregg Williams 3 seasons w/ Buffalo - 3-13, 8-8, 6-10 for a total of 17-31= win % of .354

Mike Mularkey 2 seasons w/ Buffalo - 9-7, 5-11 for a total of 14-18= win % of .438

Dick Jauron 3 1/2 seasons w/ Buffalo - 7-9, 7-9, 7-9, 3-6 for a total of 24-33= win % 0f .421

So Mularkey was best, than Jauron, last is Williams.

Conclusion: All three stink.

I'll never count Williams first season against him - it was doomed on purpose.

The fact of the matter is no one is going to succeed at OBD until they fix what is actually broken. It starts with the owner.

Why is Bill Cowher not a top candidate, whats up with that I wonder, is he just out of our league.

Possibly, but I think the Bills are probably targeting coaches who specialize on offense, particularly the passing game. Shanahan is the best available in that regard and its not really close.