If you blew this team up, what 7 players would you keep?

257 members have voted

1. 1. If you blew it up and started over, what 7 players off the current roster would you keep?

• Reed, Josh
    • Byrd, Jairus
    • Wood, Eric
    • Edwards, Trent
    • Evans, Lee
    • Florence, Drayton
    • Hangartner, Geoff
    • Jackson, Fred
    • Kelsay, Chris
    • Levitre, Andy
    • Lindell, Rian
    • Lynch, Marshawn
    • Maybin, Aaron
    • McGee, Terrence
    • Moorman, Brian
    • Owens, Terrell
    • Posluszny, Paul
    • Schobel, Aaron
    • Stroud, Marcus
    • Whitner, Donte

My 7

Poz

Maybin- To build the front 7 around

Byrd- To build the secondary around

Wood

Levitre- To build the O-line around

Lee Evans- New QB has to have someone to throw to right

Lynch- New QB needs someone to hand the ball off to (Jackson might be better but he is a lot older)

Other guys actually worth keeping- Although these are the guys I would trade if I could get value

McKelvin- Too much potential to just give up on and has showed good play at times.

McGee- Guy is talented and worth keeping around

Schobel and Stroud- Older but both don't have much trade value but they still have 1-3 more productive seasons left.

Kyle Williams- Play has improved defiantly has a place as part of a rotation at DT

Mitchel- Solid vet with gas left in the tank

Hangartner- Has played well and is young enough to keep around.

Donte- Doesn't have much trade value but is a starting safety in the league better off just keeping him.

Fred Jackson- Two back league and the guy has 2-3 years left in his deal

Brad Butler- See how he recovers form injury played well at RT and solid at RG.

Guys who need to go

Edwards- Just isn't the awnser at QB

TO- Let him leave

Roscoe- Over payed and short on talent

Reed- Solid slot guy but rather give the playing time to younger receivers

Ryan Denny- Just not a good pass rusher

Chris Kelsay- Maybe hold on to him for one more year but he isn't the long term answer also overpaid.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your statement makes no sense. I would keep Moorman without a doubt, but he has been here longer than anyone on the roster, so if anyone is entrenched in this culture of losing it would be him?

True, but he is top three at his position in the league. He is only on the field for a few plays each week, and not integral to the failures of the offense and defense over the last deacde.

You are GM... you must blow up this team and start over. You can keep 7 players off this list to build around, who do you keep? This is a difficult one... think about it. The results should be interesting.

7 is tough, I think I could go as far as 11 or 12. I didn't include McElvin, Jackson, Levitre, Maybin or Nelson

1. Byrd

2. McKelvin

3. Evans

4. Wood

5. Levitre

6. McGee

7. Stroud

8. Williams

9. Schobel

10. Lynch

11. Wilson

(in order)

Anyone who doesn't have Lee Evans on their list, I'll ask you two questions: 1. What do you think Evans' numbers would be if he was Peyton Manning's no. 1 on the Colts? 2. Have you ever seen Lee Evans drop a pass?

Ahhh yes Thoner... you are correct. And that is the very essence of this exercise. When tough choices have to be made, who are the absolute best, most impactful players on this roster?

LET THE RECORD STATE: 2 Votes for "REAL DEAL" Kyle Williams

Will Chris "THE STREET HAMMER" Draft get any write ins? Only time will tell...

Well IF I were handed the keys Im sure I would be allowed to keep more than 7 but ok, I can only take 7.

Levitre, Wood (who plays C), Butler (who plays G)

K.Willaims (3-4 DE), Stroud (3-4 DE), McGee, Moorman.

EDIT: Scratch Moorman - I will just build a team that never needs to punt. Replace him with Byrd I guess?

And I switch to a 3-4.

1. Byrd

2. McKelvin

3. Evans

4. Wood

5. Levitre

6. McGee

7. Stroud

8. Williams

9. Schobel

10. Lynch

11. Wilson

(in order)

Anyone who doesn't have Lee Evans on their list, I'll ask you two questions: 1. What do you think Evans' numbers would be if he was Peyton Manning's no. 1 on the Colts? 2. Have you ever seen Lee Evans drop a pass?

Great point, but I would argue that Peytons OL is more important to him than his WRs - hence my top 7

Your statement makes no sense. I would keep Moorman without a doubt, but he has been here longer than anyone on the roster, so if anyone is entrenched in this culture of losing it would be him?
Excellent point. Even though I do like Moorman, I don't think this team does anything until either Ralph is gone or everyone associated with the 2003 season (players & front office) is gone. THAT was the off-season to blow everything up. <_< Even though some of the cap hits like Puddinhead Williams would've been brutal, the stain from that miserable season and the many losers still with this organization would be long gone by now.

True, but he is top three at his position in the league. He is only on the field for a few plays each week, and not integral to the failures of the offense and defense over the last deacde.

The best way to sum up you point Brian Moormon isn't the reason we are loosing games.

1. Byrd

2. McKelvin

3. Evans

4. Wood

5. Levitre

6. McGee

7. Stroud

8. Williams

9. Schobel

10. Lynch

11. Wilson

(in order)

Lee Evans can't get open. We put Owens beside him and he still can't get open. What a waste of money.

He'd be a back-up anywhere else.

I would stick with young guys who have the most potential.

Wood, Levitre, McKelvin, Byrd, McGee are easy choices IMO. And I'd also take Williams.

After that, no one really stands out as a consistent contributer, so I'll take Evans on the hope that he would emerge with a new QB.

The first player I thought of keeping was williams.... But I would keep McGee, Florence, and Corner before I kept McKelvin. Maybe thats just me. There are more than 7 players worth keeping too, like Hangartner I would keep as a backup, and I would keep Maybin if I couldnt trade him just because he is still a rookie.

Agreed, I mean I know what the OP is getting at here, but come on. If you blow this team up there are probably 12 or more guys you are DEFINITELY keeping around and then it gets gray.

Randomly:

Hangartner

Wood

Levitre

Jackson

Evans

Byrd

Poz

Butler

Lynch (sorry for some of you, but yes)

Schoebel

Palmer

Florence

Williams

Stroud

McGee

...and i am probably missing a couple.

And this thread shows why we're fans and not working for an NFL team. Me, personally, I'd keep them all with the possible exception of Lindell. Momma say what....you say. Yes, the problem with team is not the players - its the way they're being coached.

Change the coaches and you'll see a much better team. Granted, I would like to see several of our cuurent starters moved to backup roles. The biggest problem we've had is depth. So, improve the conditioning and keep Kelsay (for ex) as a backup goes a long way to sovling that. Get a good QB and solidify the Oline with some tackles and we'd be a much improved team. Now add a coching staff that knows how to game plan properly, utilize the players properly, and can motivate properly and we come a real team.

So, in short, I don't think a cleaning house of players is required at all.

With ballots cast thus far, our top 7 Bills to rebuild around are:

1. Jairus Byrd with 108 votes

2. Eric Wood with 104 votes

3. Lee Evans with 81 votes

4. Andy Levitre with 73 votes

t5. Brian Moorman with 71 votes

t5. Fred Jackson with 71 votes

7. Marcus Stroud with 64 votes

Will anyone unseat Stroud for that coveted 7th position to join the rebuilding THE DYNASTY? Only time will tell! Keep the votes coming!

With ballots cast thus far, our top 7 Bills to rebuild around are:

1. Jairus Byrd with 108 votes

2. Eric Wood with 104 votes

3. Lee Evans with 81 votes

4. Andy Levitre with 73 votes

t5. Brian Moorman with 71 votes

t5. Fred Jackson with 71 votes

7. Marcus Stroud with 64 votes

Will anyone unseat Stroud for that coveted 7th position to join the rebuilding THE DYNASTY? Only time will tell! Keep the votes coming!

We need to start a campaign for McCargo!!!

Ye Ol' Cotton will give everyone who votes for McCargo a crisp new $5.00!

The first player I thought of keeping was williams.... But I would keep McGee, Florence, and Corner before I kept McKelvin. Maybe thats just me. There are more than 7 players worth keeping too, like Hangartner I would keep as a backup, and I would keep Maybin if I couldnt trade him just because he is still a rookie.

You can never have too many corners! : )

My 7

Poz

Maybin- To build the front 7 around

Byrd- To build the secondary around

Wood

Levitre- To build the O-line around

Lee Evans- New QB has to have someone to throw to right

Lynch- New QB needs someone to hand the ball off to (Jackson might be better but he is a lot older)

Other guys actually worth keeping- Although these are the guys I would trade if I could get value

McKelvin- Too much potential to just give up on and has showed good play at times.

McGee- Guy is talented and worth keeping around

Schobel and Stroud- Older but both don't have much trade value but they still have 1-3 more productive seasons left.

Kyle Williams- Play has improved defiantly has a place as part of a rotation at DT

Mitchel- Solid vet with gas left in the tank

Hangartner- Has played well and is young enough to keep around.

Donte- Doesn't have much trade value but is a starting safety in the league better off just keeping him.

Fred Jackson- Two back league and the guy has 2-3 years left in his deal

Brad Butler- See how he recovers form injury played well at RT and solid at RG.

Guys who need to go

Edwards- Just isn't the awnser at QB

TO- Let him leave

Roscoe- Over payed and short on talent

Reed- Solid slot guy but rather give the playing time to younger receivers

Ryan Denny- Just not a good pass rusher

Chris Kelsay- Maybe hold on to him for one more year but he isn't the long term answer also overpaid.

You're going to build your front 7 around an undersized situational D lineman??

How is that a better plan than we have now?