If we have a better record then last year, does DJ still have to go?

BamaBills

Winning record? Coach Gone?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Should DJ go if we have better record then last year?

• Yes
    • No

He needs to make the playoffs to keep his job.

You guys think that Ralph Wilson actually cares about wins and loses...

When the fans stop coming to the games and stop buying merchandise, he might sit up and take notice.

In the 80's it took TWO back to back 2-14 seasons and fans in the stadium wearing bags on their heads, the stadium mostly empty and games not shown on local TV year after year.

The problem with this franchise is that Wilson doesn't have any sons to inherit the team. The Colts lost Robert Irsay and he left the team to his son who promptly hired Bill Polian, Bill Bidwell is letting his sons run the team in Arizona.

Personally, I think Wilson cares more about tennis and thoroughbred racing then he does about his pro football team.

What other owner would have kept Dick Jauron as his head coach for FOUR years, even Detroit was smart enough to boot him after letting him be interim head coach.

I have been dreading this question since the Bills mounted a 2 game winning streak.

I too have pondered..."what if the Bills improve to 8-8? 9-7? Would that be enough for him to be safe in Ralph's eyes? I mean, we're talking about continuity here, after all."

It is frightening. It is so hard to get a true vibe of NFL teams these days. Parity is good, but clearly there are a small handful of teams head-and-shoulders better than anyone else (Pats, Saints, Vikings, Steelers, Giants, Colts(?)), but then it kind of gets murky.

Would 8-8 be enough for Jauron, Modrak, and Guy to keep their jobs? :devil:

but what realy boggles my mind is why does wilson give a **** about cutting dicks contract and costing himself 8 million? what is 8 million when you are worth almost a billion? realy....his wife musta talked a lot of bull **** to him. "oh ralphy! don't settle. I need every nickel i can get so once youve passed i can go buy a small island in the carribean". I don't understand insanly wealthy people.....there greed just baffles me.

Forecasting Dick for a 8-8 or 9-7 season is just doesn't make sense...His track record speaks for itself...One non-losing season in his entire career, which he turned into a home playoff loss in that first postseason game.

The record that should be considered is not the season record, but rather the 2-22 mark against teams who finish their season with a winning record. Basically, bring Dick J back, and sure you can play the conservative game and eek out victories against the rest of the league's chumps. But play the Pats/Steelers/Eagles type teams? Forget it, Jauron's teams get run off the field. There can be some dispute as to where the blame falls with that record, but there's no dispute as to the record itself...THe numbers don't lie.

So if Ralph wants to save some coin and avoid a buyout, then keep Dick and look forward to 6-10, 7-9. MAYBE the stars align, the Bills get results at home, and squeak into the playoffs. If it's Dick J jogging them onto the field, look forward to a 34-10 loss on the road at San Diego/Indy/Pit or some other contender.

It's an unfortunate way to think for an optimist like myself, but the track record is there and is unavoidable.

Longtime reader and fan, first time poster.

Question is simple. If we finish 8-8 (i think this likely), 9-7 or make the playoffs. Would you still want DJ fired at the end of the season?

we wont so its irrelevant. its like asking "if you could jump to the moon, would you?" i cant so why ask

Guest dog14787

If DJ urks out a winning record then maybe he deserves to stay, especially considering how hard the defense is rallying around him to help this ball club win.

If the Bills somehow win the super bowl this season, i'll still want jauron fired.

Yeah, that's completely brain dead. Of course, you still think Losman is a good QB.

Anyways, as the last Jauron supporter left (basically I hate the blame the coaches for all the problems mentality), I've said it's playoffs or bust. Even though I will never be convinced that it is solely Jauron's fault, you can't go 4 years without making the playoffs in the NFL as a coach.