Why do we throw so much to Moulds?

eSJayDee

According to NFL.com (which coincides w/ my approximate recollection) 12 of Bledsoe's 19 passes were intended for Moulds.

Is this due to Bledsoe having poor field vision, play design or do our other receivers just suck that much?

I realize that Moulds is by far our best receiving threat but common man, how 'bout distributing the ball a bit.

Bledsoe just doesn't do the "progression-read" thing.

Which would be that bad if he made good pre-read snaps. But he doesn't do that either.

People want to beat on the Oline, but I thought Bledsoe had good time in the pocket yesterday, he just didn't use it wisely.

poor field vision, poor judgment

just plain poor.

i'd like to sit drew down, steal his wallet, buy him a few drinks with his own money, and encourage him to retire. that's the best case scenario for the bills. Retire, give the rest of Ralph's $ back, and allow the Bills to avoid any cap hit.

bledsoe has tunnel vision.  his pass routine is:

3 step drop

check for moulds

pat pat

check for moulds

pat pat

check for moulds

pat pat

check for moulds

pat pat

{sack | fumble | INT | throw towards moulds}

118941[/snapback]

:D:devil:

Sad, but true... :devil:

bledsoe has tunnel vision.  his pass routine is:

3 step drop

check for moulds

pat pat

check for moulds

pat pat

check for moulds

pat pat

check for moulds

pat pat

{sack | fumble | INT | throw towards moulds}

118941[/snapback]

WINNA!! No joke- that is the truth! Does any Drew Apologist disagree with this?

People want to beat on the Oline, but I thought Bledsoe had good time in the pocket yesterday, he just didn't use it wisely.

118937[/snapback]

Agreed 100%.....Bledsoe was having 3.3 seconds on the avg while

Brady had about 3.8 seconds for his plays...

The problem was that whenever the pressure came from the inside,

DB couldn't handle it....And when he had the time, his throws were

underthrown or way off target or drops by the receivers (Evans

dropped a sure 1st down catch, and so did Moulds with that Jump

and out-of-bounds).

Yesterday's loss was more due to Bledsoe not executing the plan and

Clements not adjusting his play-calling based on what the pats were

throwing at us.

We have been screaming the same thing all season. People B word about Evans lack of production? THROW HIM THE DAMN BALL! Well let me add for bledsoe...Please do it when he isn't TRIPPLE covered.

all Bledsoe can do is lock onto moulds and throw. He has done it for 2 years solid now. Hell everyone knows it. Friggin Theisman knew it going into the broadcast!

We have been screaming the same thing all season. People B word about Evans lack of production? THROW HIM THE DAMN BALL!  Well let me add for bledsoe...Please do it when he isn't TRIPPLE covered.

all Bledsoe can do is lock onto moulds and throw. He has done it for 2 years solid now. Hell everyone knows it. Friggin Theisman knew it going into the broadcast!

119115[/snapback]

Hey we threw him the ball. He just wasn't man enough to go through Bruschi to catch it.

Nice read, Drew. :D

This is easy.

Our receivers don't get open and our TE's seem to be useless in this offense. Period. Besides Moulds, who do we have?

WR's:

Lee Evans-Rookie. He's coming along.

Josh Reed-Friggin' vaporware, what happened to this guy's career? Injured right now too.

Sam Aiken-As far as I'm concerned can't play in the NFL. he doesn't even do anything in pre-season!!!

Jonathan Smith-A special teams player only as far as I'm concerned.

TE's:

Ryan Neufeld-Blocker/paperweight

Tim Euhus-Rookie

Mark Campbell-Has his moments, but when he makes plays he's unheard from for GAMES after that!

According to NFL.com (which coincides w/ my approximate recollection) 12 of Bledsoe's 19 passes were intended for Moulds.

Is this due to Bledsoe having poor field vision, play design or do our other receivers just suck that much?

I realize that Moulds is by far our best receiving threat but common man, how 'bout distributing the ball a bit.

118928[/snapback]

It's Drew, he needs his binky and EM is just that.

118928[/snapback]

It's in his contract right under the line that says "this fine young man of outstanding character."

It goes on to say: "he can do no wrong, and must attempt to complete 95% of his passes to Wideout Eric Moulds in order for the following bonus clauses to become activated and enforcable..."

WINNA!!  No joke- that is the truth!  Does any Drew Apologist disagree with this?

118948[/snapback]

I'm a Drew Apologist and after watching the game I have to say it is time to move on.

I couldn't help but wonder why Peyton Manning or Tom Brady manage to find 10 different receivers in one game but Drew still thinks it is better to throw a bad pass to Moulds in double coverage than dump it off to a TE or RB? It seemed like every single play was a pass to Moulds.

It was starting to bother me even if Moulds caught it, all I could think was how can an opposing defense not shut down a one dimensional passing game. What a simple gameplan to execute, double Moulds, stack 7 guys on the line to stop McGahee. :rolleyes:

118928[/snapback]

As I said it after week one, If we're going to win Bledsoe needs to gain some faith with throwing to guys other then Eric Moulds or else it could be a long season..