Jairus Byrd

second in the NFL in INTS behind only Darren Sharper

thats good company

A Bills safety that makes big plays instead of showing up a second late on every play.............refreshing, isn't it?? :w00t:

It may be time for me to pick up a Byrd jersey.

...but right now I could bear his children. And I'm a dude.

Whatever we're paying him, it's not enough. He's had five interceptions in three games. He's the single biggest reason why the Bills have managed to win the last two games.

He's my new favorite member of the team.

Don't get ahead of yourself.. I was saying the exact same thing last year about Trent Edwards when we were sitting at 4-0 and 5-1. :w00t:

I saw quite a bit of him in college and he was always a ballhawk. That said,I was still disappointed when we chose him when Everette Brown was availiable. But man,that dude is a baller. I think he has made alot of us who were bitching about another high round DB eat crow.

awesome freakin player! such amazing instincts and awareness. made a touchdown saving tackle. throws his body into opponents when there getting wrapped up hoping for a forced fumble. Lit up Jamal Lewis a couple weeks ago. one hell of player, and im super happy he's a bill. no contreversy at all if whitner is back. i like the bryd/wilson tandem. keep them in. playmakers. if byrd has a long career in buffalo his name will be on the WALL!

I saw quite a bit of him in college and he was always a ballhawk. That said,I was still disappointed when we chose him when Everette Brown was availiable. But man,that dude is a baller. I think he has made alot of us who were bitching about another high round DB eat crow.

Respectable post. I hope to be seeing this from a lot of other posters, because the Byrd-hate was absolutely epic on this board from April through September. I'm glad he's proven the haters wrong so soon. 5 INTs in 3 starts - damn.

Respectable post. I hope to be seeing this from a lot of other posters, because the Byrd-hate was absolutely epic on this board from April through September. I'm glad he's proven the haters wrong so soon. 5 INTs in 3 starts - damn.

I wasn't a fan of the pick but chalked it up to getting more young talent and he has shown all the nay sayers (like me) that he was an awesome find

Byrd is a player no doubt. Brown has shown nothing.

Both still to be seen long term but so far, well, I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again...

So far so good go Byrd!

I loved our draft at draft day and the two picks that made me the most excited were Byrd and Nelson once it was all over. I watched all of Oregons games last year and man, every time the game was over it alwasy seemed like we were talking about Byrd. Nelson, was also a pick I loved (as did just about everyone did) because of where we got him and what he brought to the table. He looks very promising too, so lets hope he gets some more field time as well.

I loved the Wood and Levitre picks too as they were much needed, but Byrd and Nelson got me the most excited.

Funny, the pick I was the least excited about was Maybin. I liked it, but was not sold on it given he didnt have the history some of the other players had. If he doesnt work out at DE I think he could do well at LB, so I am see him as a guy with a ton of upside still.

I also loved the Harris pick where we got him as he is a gamer from what I saw of him in college. Jury is still out of course on him, but hopefully with all our injuries at LB he starts getting some more action and we can see if he can crack the starting lineup. He too just has a nose for the ball.

second in the NFL in INTS behind only Darren Sharper

thats good company

Sharper has started all six games this year. Byrd has only started 5. I think Byrd was an unknown quantity before this game. The Panthers may have overlooked his int.'s last week. I'd be willing to bet that Carolina didn't try to gameplan around him at all.

I don't think any teams will overlook him anymore. If he can continue like this after teams start trying to take him out of the game he'll be a star.

There is something I don't understand about the draft. (All of these are JMO)

1 11 (11) Maybin, Aaron (DE) - I believe that he will eventually catch on and be a stud. (In my best Yoda) Patience you must have, patience.

1 28 (28) Wood, Eric C

(From Panthers through Eagles) - I think this was a super solid pick. (Thanks JP)

2 10 (42) Byrd, Jairus (CB) - I love this kid. It's barely the beginning of his career but I see a better future rather than a worse one.

2 19 (51) Levitre, Andy OL

(From Cowboys) - He's no Eric Wood and he definitely needs to improve. I'm not saying he's a bust, I'm saying I believe he can and will get better, but he's under starting caliber at his position right now.

4 21 (121) Nelson, Shawn TE

(From Eagles) - I like this pick too. This entire season he's had six catches for sixty yards and a TD. However, I think some of his contribution doesn't show up on the stat sheet. His presence won't allow full attention on any one guy. The Bills are bringing him along slowly and that's probably good for him. Given his draft position he seems like he will end up being a semi-steal. (Thanks JP)

5 11 (147) Harris, Nic S - He's a big time project and I don't know if he's a bust or a boom yet. I guess we'll have to wait til next year to make a better judgment.

6 10 (183) Harris, Cary CB - Practice Squad

7 11 (220) Lankster, Ellis DB - Looks like a great pick, especially when his draft position is considered.

So out of eight picks it seems that two (Wood and Byrd) are immediate impact players. It also seems that three players (Lankster, Levitre and Nelson) are going to be solid contributors next year and for a few years after that. Two picks (Maybin and Nic Harris) are on hold right now. Too early to tell about either of them. Maybin having only four tackles to show for his play so far this year is a little bothersome but I'll wait until the end of next year to reserve full judgment on him and NH. Cary Harris made the PS and so every draft pick has made the team. Some are immediate upgrades and others will be.

So after taking all of that into account why is there such a large fire Brandon contingent?

Sharper has started all six games this year. Byrd has only started 5. I think Byrd was an unknown quantity before this game. The Panthers may have overlooked his int.'s last week. I'd be willing to bet that Carolina didn't try to gameplan around him at all.

I don't think any teams will overlook him anymore. If he can continue like this after teams start trying to take him out of the game he'll be a star.

There is something I don't understand about the draft. (All of these are JMO)

1 11 (11) Maybin, Aaron (DE) - I believe that he will eventually catch on and be a stud. (In my best Yoda) Patience you must have, patience.

1 28 (28) Wood, Eric C

(From Panthers through Eagles) - I think this was a super solid pick. (Thanks JP)

2 10 (42) Byrd, Jairus (CB) - I love this kid. It's barely the beginning of his career but I see a better future rather than a worse one.

2 19 (51) Levitre, Andy OL

(From Cowboys) - He's no Eric Wood and he definitely needs to improve. I'm not saying he's a bust, I'm saying I believe he can and will get better, but he's under starting caliber at his position right now.

4 21 (121) Nelson, Shawn TE

(From Eagles) - I like this pick too. This entire season he's had six catches for sixty yards and a TD. However, I think some of his contribution doesn't show up on the stat sheet. His presence won't allow full attention on any one guy. The Bills are bringing him along slowly and that's probably good for him. Given his draft position he seems like he will end up being a semi-steal. (Thanks JP)

5 11 (147) Harris, Nic S - He's a big time project and I don't know if he's a bust or a boom yet. I guess we'll have to wait til next year to make a better judgment.

6 10 (183) Harris, Cary CB - Practice Squad

7 11 (220) Lankster, Ellis DB - Looks like a great pick, especially when his draft position is considered.

So out of eight picks it seems that two (Wood and Byrd) are immediate impact players. It also seems that three players (Lankster, Levitre and Nelson) are going to be solid contributors next year and for a few years after that. Two picks (Maybin and Nic Harris) are on hold right now. Too early to tell about either of them. Maybin having only four tackles to show for his play so far this year is a little bothersome but I'll wait until the end of next year to reserve full judgment on him and NH. Cary Harris made the PS and so every draft pick has made the team. Some are immediate upgrades and others will be.

So after taking all of that into account why is there such a large fire Brandon contingent?

the re-signing of DJ just before last years disastrous 2-8 slide is mostly on brandon. I am sure Ralph would have been fine with waiting

Another interesting Byrd fact, he's currently sitting at #4 in the NFL for passes defended. That tells me that even when he can't pull in the INT, he's still constantly around the ball and attempting to break up passes.

I bet One Bills Drive can't churn out those Byrd jerseys for Christmas fast enough...

His instincts to read where the QB is going to throw are awesome. It's not an accident that he's in great position for these tipped balls and overthrows. Being able to actually catch all these balls is a great skill too. So may DB's just drop balls in their hands. Byrd is a guy they should rip up the contract and re-sign him for however long they can. I don't want to see another Winfield or Clements...where the guy leaves in his prime someday.