Ed Roski will make serious approaches to NFL teams

Beerball

This guy has to get it through his thick head that we are not for sale- at least not yet. However, I think the timing has never been better for him in terms of either landing the Jaguars or bringing the Rams back. My money is on Jacksonville.

Any good business person's business is always for sale. Whether or not they accept the offer is another thing. Contrary to popular belief here we have absolutely no say in the matter nor should we.

Should the Bills ever move, I am done with the team and probably will have only a passing interest in the league.

Certainly not enough to scrape over hundreds of dollars per year for team merchandise and to be gouged by DirecTV with NFL Sunday Ticket (though I have HD, I refused to pay an additional $100 for NFL Stupidfan). The only reason I pay to watch football is for the BUFFALO Bills.

Any good business person's business is always for sale. Whether or not they accept the offer is another thing. Contrary to popular belief here we have absolutely no say in the matter nor should we.

Having been a former resident of Los Angeles, I can say within a certain degree of accuracy that an NFL won't work in Los Angeles.

Southern Californians simply don't care. The Kings? Their own paper doesn't cover them. I believe probably 70% of the residents don't even know there is an NHL team in their midst. Dodgers? Well, I personally hate baseball (boring, steroids, etc), and when I lived there from 99-03 the Dodgers were not too special. Besides, who wants to drive into gangland to watch a baseball game?

The only team they seem to rally around is the Lakers. But that could also be because every Hollywood lister starting with Nicholson like to use the game as a personal showcase of themselves.

The Rams were there, and left. The Raiders were there, left, came back, and then left again- partly in reason because their stadium at the time was ridiculously built for the Olympic Games of '84 and sat 100,000. Never sold out on a regular basis.

I don't know. As an east coast transplant living in SoCal at the time, the ravenous hunger for the NFL just did not exist out West for me. Maybe it was the time difference (try waking up for a 1:00pm game at 10:00am on Sunday). Or the beautiful weather until January (rain season- yeah, a whole month of bad weather). Or the variety of things to do. The transient nature of the film industry and the people it attracts could also be a big factor.

I went to 49'ers games, and Charges games when they would play the Bills. About 25%-33% of the fans being transplanted Bills fans, we were louder and more ferocious than the home crowd every time.

West Coast is laid back, man. I just don't think that Los Angeles, despite its population, will ever care enough to keep an NFL franchise.

And its too bad. The weather is really ideal for it year-round.

Should the Bills ever move, I am done with the team and probably will have only a passing interest in the league.

Certainly not enough to scrape over hundreds of dollars per year for team merchandise and to be gouged by DirecTV with NFL Sunday Ticket (though I have HD, I refused to pay an additional $100 for NFL Stupidfan). The only reason I pay to watch football is for the BUFFALO Bills.

I agree except I would probably pull for the Ravens. They have consistantly put a quality product on the field since the move from Cleveland. And besides my wife is from Md. But until if/when it happens it is still GO BILLS!!!

Having been a former resident of Los Angeles, I can say within a certain degree of accuracy that an NFL won't work in Los Angeles.

Southern Californians simply don't care. The Kings? Their own paper doesn't cover them. I believe probably 70% of the residents don't even know there is an NHL team in their midst. Dodgers? Well, I personally hate baseball (boring, steroids, etc), and when I lived there from 99-03 the Dodgers were not too special. Besides, who wants to drive into gangland to watch a baseball game?

The only team they seem to rally around is the Lakers. But that could also be because every Hollywood lister starting with Nicholson like to use the game as a personal showcase of themselves.

The Rams were there, and left. The Raiders were there, left, came back, and then left again- partly in reason because their stadium at the time was ridiculously built for the Olympic Games of '84 and sat 100,000. Never sold out on a regular basis.

I don't know. As an east coast transplant living in SoCal at the time, the ravenous hunger for the NFL just did not exist out West for me. Maybe it was the time difference (try waking up for a 1:00pm game at 10:00am on Sunday). Or the beautiful weather until January (rain season- yeah, a whole month of bad weather). Or the variety of things to do. The transient nature of the film industry and the people it attracts could also be a big factor.

I went to 49'ers games, and Charges games when they would play the Bills. About 25%-33% of the fans being transplanted Bills fans, we were louder and more ferocious than the home crowd every time.

West Coast is laid back, man. I just don't think that Los Angeles, despite its population, will ever care enough to keep an NFL franchise.

And its too bad. The weather is really ideal for it year-round.

You're wrong about the Dodgers (they have tons of support - I lived there for 8 years and am a huge baseball fan), and the stadium isn't in gangland. In fact, Chavez Ravine is quite nice. Re the Kings, you could say the same thing about the hockey fanbases in any city that isn't in the northern midwest, northeast, or Canada. God, the Rangers don't even receive much coverage in NY. Outside of a few places like Buffalo, it's a cult sport.

if bills leave buffalo what happens to the ralph?

Probably turn it into a giant RV dealership.

I just drove by The Ralph this morning - the old girl's starting to show her age. I usually don't notice it on game days 'cause it's sunny, I'm lit-up, and there's so much going on - but on a gray and rainy day, when it's quiet and deserted, RWS looks a bit 'rough-around-the-edges'.

Now if we're sending our tax dollars downstate to build the Yankees a new home, shouldn't NYS show The BuffTown a little love and help us build a new home for New York State's only NFL team...

possible site

grassroots org

if bills leave buffalo what happens to the ralph?

Fill it full of dirt and plant flowers. By the way, Roski should look south. The Chargers need a new stadium. Any SD fans can drive 90 minutes to follow their team. It's the least disruptive way to get L.A. back in the NFL. Returns an original L.A. franchise...doesn't disrupt divisions...Keeps Chargers close enough to SD for fans to follow if they want.

PTR