OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: BILLS v. 'PHINS 10/4/2009

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes this so existentially depressing is the knowledge that the team really can't get better till Ralph and his seemingly inescapable incompetence go to that Grosse Pointe in the sky -- but that once Rlaph dies, the team probably won't be Buffalo's anymore. So we're left savoring whatever crap they serve up as Bills' football -- because a 7-9 team, or even a 2-14 team, is better than no Buffalo Bills.

In other words, "wait till next year" -- the eternal cry of the fan of a losing team -- doesn't really apply to Bills fans anymore. This franchise likely won't be a contender until it plays its games somewhere other than WNY.

Gah. Time to get loaded.

So what's your vote. Will wilson fire Jauron after the game, give him til the bye, or continue to make excuses and let him finish destroying this team for the full year.

It's hard to win in the NFL.....especially if your head coach is a joke like Jauron.

completely unacceptable and embarrassing performance, from the QB and O-line to the LB's, D-line, and even Lindell for missing an important kick. We deserve better, and i WAS a big Trent backer. Not anymore.

Terrell Owens - we need you to go off on the QB and the coaches. Loudly, nationally, whenever possible. Tweet it if you have to. Call up Bob Costas during Football Night in America and make an announcement.

You will get a standing ovation from the Bills' media.

completely unacceptable and embarrassing performance, from the QB and O-line to the LB's, D-line, and even Lindell for missing an important kick. We deserve better, and i WAS a big Trent backer. Not anymore.

The OL is in tatters, the defense - what's not injured, is gassed already, and Dickie the J is getting outcoached by Sparano again. Sparano owns Jauron and Fewell.

What makes this so existentially depressing is the knowledge that the team really can't get better till Ralph and his seemingly inescapable incompetence go to that Grosse Pointe in the sky -- but that once Rlaph dies, the team probably won't be Buffalo's anymore. So we're left savoring whatever crap they serve up as Bills' football -- because a 7-9 team, or even a 2-14 team, is better than no Buffalo Bills.

In other words, "wait till next year" -- the eternal cry of the fan of a losing team -- doesn't really apply to Bills fans anymore. This franchise likely won't be a contender until it plays its games somewhere other than WNY.

Gah. Time to get loaded.

So true and yet so sad.

The fans alone cannot keep this team here. Thinking fans can support this team enough to keep them here post-RW is folly.

Profit margin is more important than on field success. If it wasn't true, DJ would have been fired in December.

Edwards is done! put a fork in him. No way he improves. Ever since Wilson laid that hit on him and the 75 other times he's been hit since, he's toast. might as well put fitz in now.

oh and FIRE JARON NOW !@!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes::( :(

Welcome back March One Inch...6 carries for 3 yards. You are a beast! Trent eyeballing his WR's all the way and a total breakdown in protection. The bright side is we took timeouts with us to the locker room so we will have extra in the second half. I knew that the Bills would be totally unprepared for the Wildcat. We are proud to serve up this team with a first time starting QB their first victory. As I predicted in pre-season...3-13 here we come! :(:(:rolleyes:

So what's your vote. Will wilson fire Jauron after the game, give him til the bye, or continue to make excuses and let him finish destroying this team for the full year.

It's hard to win in the NFL.....especially if your head coach is a joke like Jauron.

Ralph does not like the idea of paying someone that is no longer working for him so no, there is zero chance Jauron gets fired now or anytime during the season

Ralph isnt that much different from Al Davis just not as vocal...the difference is Davis will fire coaches but just wont pay them even though he is supposed to

Week 14 of 2007 (Dec 9, '07). Beat Miami 38-17 that day.

Only 35 more points to go :rolleyes:

We suck. Oh well.

I wish I could say that this would get Jauron fired, but it won't. The Bills could very realistically go 1-15.

At least then we'd have a shot at McCoy or Tebow.

Edwards is done! put a fork in him. No way he improves. Ever since Wilson laid that hit on him and the 75 other times he's been hit since, he's toast. might as well put fitz in now.

oh and FIRE JARON NOW !@!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes::( :(

yeah because fitz is going to be able to throw behind that line. genius.

Only 35 more points to go :rolleyes:

We suck. Oh well.

I wish I could say that this would get Jauron fired, but it won't. The Bills could very realistically go 1-15.

3 doesnt go into 35 so there is zero chance they score 35

So true and yet so sad.

The fans alone cannot keep this team here. Thinking fans can support this team enough to keep them here post-RW is folly.

Profit margin is more important than on field success. If it wasn't true, DJ would have been fired in December.

Hell, I hope we're wrong. I hope that the Jacobs family is ready to step up and keep the team in Buffalo. God knows, the fan base has made it a profitable place to play during a decade of despair and shame -- it's not a horrible business move to keep the team in WNY. But the odds are against us in finding a local buyer, and that means there's very little hope. Because I'd bet big money that this team won't even make the playoffs, much less win a Super Bowl (or even AFC Championship), as long as RW is alive.

Ralph does not like the idea of paying someone that is no longer working for him so no, there is zero chance Jauron gets fired now or anytime during the season

Ralph isnt that much different from Al Davis just not as vocal...the difference is Davis will fire coaches but just wont pay them even though he is supposed to

What if April were to agree to be HC for the remainder of the year at his current salary, then negotiate at the end of the season? No out-of-pocket for Ralph and the fans would be estatic to see ANY change.

Dear Ralph: It is time to replace the head coach. This team cannot win under Jauron's leadership. The HC must be replaced immediately. Will it save the season? Who can know, but we do know that the status quo isn't going to get it done. Be bold and do what needs to be done. There's still enough talent on this team to be a playoff contender if a fire is lit under them. As is stands now, losing has become an acceptable outcome because the team's HC permits this attitude. Losing time and time again is UNACCEPTABLE.

I guess the pros called it right when they predicted the Bills had the worst O-line in the NFL...you would think the talent evaluators and professional personnel men (brandon, guy, modrak, and staff) would've seen this coming a mile away.

did it really take a pro to see the Bills had the worst O-line in the NFL?

If only there were some plays that you could run that would slow up a blitz. If only there was something like some kind of, oh I don't know screen? Or maybe a pass play where a WR runs really fast diagonally, like a slant or something.

Too bad we don't have those kinds of plays.