Brees thinking about the weather

Beerball

We have a slight edge so far the season in rushing (thanks to TE) but the featured RB's for the two teams are close with Mike Bell averaging 114 yards a game, Fred Jackson averaging 110 yards per game.

The Bills stop the run better and our rushing attack is less reliant on our passing attack so I tend to agree with you.

Bell probably won't even play. If he does, he won't be at full strength.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone in another thread had expressed the opinion that The Weather Channel pads their forecast to cover their collective ass. Fair enough. While they DO have some hot looking weather babes, that's not what's important at the moment. What counts now is getting the forecast right. As such, I went to the source - The National Weather Service.

Check out this link: http://www.weather.gov/forecasts/wfo/sectors/buf.php.

Pretty cool. The forecast? Rain...meh, somewhat. The temperature? Maybe 70, but then dropping. No big deal on either front. The kicker is when you scroll down to "Wind", and "Wind Gusts" at 1 P.M. and then at 5:00 P.M. By 5:00 P.M., it's going to be a steady 15 mph wind gusting to well over 20 mph coming off the lake. By 6:30 P.M., I'm guessing both teams are going to have had to pack up their long passing game in favor of the ground game. A wet ball fluttering around in 22 mph gusts in fading light is not a doable proposition. Unless you're a cornerback. Then you're a happy man.

So what? Well, if the Bills can keep it close going into the fourth quarter, the 12th Man (the fans) and the 13th Man (the weather) might be enough to (dare I say it)...pull this off. It really might be a close game. I'm now very grateful for the late start. <_<

Currently:

Showers likely. Highs around 70. Chance of rain 70 percent.

There are going to be no weather issues sunday. Can not go by the weather channell, they generalize too much. Any rain that is coming will be gone by noon. It even maybe sunny for the game. Winds 10-15 miles per hour. Yopu people that are banking on the weather to help the Bills, it is just not going to happen. this is not December, it is September & it should be a good day weatherwise for football.

There are going to be no weather issues sunday. Can not go by the weather channell, they generalize too much. Any rain that is coming will be gone by noon. It even maybe sunny for the game. Winds 10-15 miles per hour. Yopu people that are banking on the weather to help the Bills, it is just not going to happen. this is not December, it is September & it should be a good day weatherwise for football.

Which is utterly irrelevant because the Saints are still a bad football team. By the time the season is half way over, everyone *else* will be convinced of that. It's the Saints people...the same ones from last year too. Takes more than a few fortuitous wins against teams they *should* beat (only saying they should beat the Eagles without McNabb of course) to convince me otherwise. It's still the Saints. They still suck.

Funny thing about that ... back in 1989, the Saints showed up in Buffalo in December. Ask Steve Tasker about that game, one the Bills figured they had won as soon as it started to snow.

22-19 New Orleans. Curse you, John Fourcade.

Thanks for the memory. <_< I love snow games, but that one really hurt. Then we went on to lay another egg in SF and had to clinch the East @ NY. The next week, Ronnie Harmon became infamous..

I get most of my weather data from WeatherTap.com. Its a subscription site that our pilots use. It's quite accurate. However, as with all forecasts the farther out you go, the more the accuracy declines.

I'm not banking on the weather, by any means. Although a blizzard would be a welcome site. I agree with many, our Bills generally play poorly in bad weather. But, I'll cling to any thing I can to help slow Brees down. I have little confidence our defense will.

I like the one suggestion of cheering wildly if it does start to rain. How great would that be!

Someone in another thread had expressed the opinion that The Weather Channel pads their forecast to cover their collective ass. Fair enough. While they DO have some hot looking weather babes, that's not what's important at the moment. What counts now is getting the forecast right. As such, I went to the source - The National Weather Service.

The Weather Channel is useless. They should just call it The Hot Chicks in Tight Sweaters Channel since that appears to be the only purpose.

The Weather Channel is useless. They should just call it The Hot Chicks in Tight Sweaters Channel since that appears to be the only purpose.

What?!?!?!? And to think I have not been watching this channel! <_<

Everywhere seems to be saying about the same thing, Cloudy and 10-15 mph winds.

You have to make sure you check Orchard Park as well (14127) not Buffalo. They can be very different.

Where is that rare September blizzard when you need it :censored:

I had this songs lyrics running through my head now....

10000 Maniacs

In My Tribe

Like The Weather

The color of the sky as far as I can see is coal grey.

Lift my head from the pillow and then fall again. With a shiver

in my bones just thinking about the weather. A quiver in my lips

as if I might cry. Well by the force of will my lungs are filled

and so I breathe. Lately it seems this big bed is where I never

leave. Shiver in my bones just thinking about the weather.

Quiver in my voice as I cry, "What a cold and rainy day. Where on

earth is the sun hid away." I hear the sound of a noon bell chime.

Now I'm far behind. You've put in 'bout half a day while here I

lie with a shiver in my bones just thinking about the weather. A

quiver in my lip as if I might cry, "What a cold and rainy day.

Where on earth is the sun hid away?"

Do I need someone here to scold me or do I need someone

who'll grab and pull me out of this four poster dull torpor

pulling downward. For it is such a long time since my better

days. I say my prayers nightly this will pass away.

The color of the sky is grey as I can see through the

blinds. Lift my head from the pillow and then fall again with a

shiver in my bones just thinking about the weather. A quiver in

my voice as I cry, "What a cold and rainy day. Where on earth is

the sun hid away?" I shiver, quiver, and try to wake.

ummm, this is very gay.....posting 10k Maniacs lyrics on this site? - c'mon now

The weather channel is the MTV/ESPN of the weather world. But the scenery is nice. Best bet is to go check the NWS page for the forecast.

Just keep in mind that Edwards has had his own issues during inclement weather ... although if it gets TOO bad, the Bills might be better-equipped to handle a run-heavy gameplan.

I will take our ground game against there any day off the week. Plus Trent only throws it 5 yards a clip anyway. :unsure:

The weather channel is the MTV/ESPN of the weather world. But the scenery is nice. Best bet is to go check the NWS page for the forecast.

True on all accounts.

Cablevision actually runs a weather/traffic channel; 60 second weather report, 60 second traffic report. Repeat. 24x7x365. Most useful 2 minutes of TV per day.

If you're THAT good at predicting the weather, baby, there's a job for you wearing a tight sweater in an Atlanta television studio.

Screw the Weather Channel. Per my earlier post, go to the National Weather Service, look up Buffalo, and play with the maps. And get a different sweater.