Typical cheap Wilson move

HT02

They won last Sunday and am betting they are going to try to win this Sunday.

At what odds would you lay down a bet on them making the playoffs this year? Advancing in the playoffs? Winning the Super Bowl? The point is, expectations have been lessened so much that any success this organization has is rabidly cheered and used as a basis for wild speculation. I'm encouraged by the first 2 games but they are just that -2 games...with injuries at key positions replaced with practice squad players. I wouldn't take less than 150:1 for SB, would you? I will be overjoyed if wrong. Whatever Ralph spoons out, people are willing to eat, even if it's s**t. I prefer fine wines and food, but hey, this is Ralph were talking about.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At what odds would you lay down a bet on them making the playoffs this year? Advancing in the playoffs? Winning the Super Bowl? The point is, expectations have been lessened so much that any success this organization has is rabidly cheered and used as a basis for wild speculation. I'm encouraged by the first 2 games but they are just that -2 games...with injuries at key positions replaced with practice squad players. I wouldn't take less than 150:1 for SB, would you? I will be overjoyed if wrong. Whatever Ralph spoons out, people are willing to eat, even if it's s**t. I prefer fine wines and food, but hey, this is Ralph were talking about.

Please tell me which players you would like signed and then I would like your expert opinion on why they will be much better than who was signed.

I am as frustrated as everyone else on this board but to think you can sign quality starting players 3 weeks in to the season is not realistic. The players I am guessing you want signed has been discussed too much to go in to it again. But once again, there is a reason they are not signed.

I can't stand it; will Wilson ever spend some money on this team? Runyon is a proven tough vet, but instead we sign a no-name unproven rookie. The rebuilding project that will never, never, never, end.

Ralph may not be a free spender, but do you honestly believe passing on Runyon was a Ralph call? That's preposterous on its face.

As has been mentioned no other team has signed him, either, and many have much worse offensive line issues than the Bills. Are their owners cheap, too?

It is comments like these that separate the non-thinking fans from those who take some time, and employ some objectivity, when considering the context of a decision. Do you really think Runyon is going to be able to function effectively in the no-huddle?

There are times when Ralph's frugality is a real issue, and is fair game. But too often it is used as a catch-all for those who are simply pissed off at the failure of the recent teams.

Yeah, I'm pretty worried, more about Jonathon Scott at RT. The guy couldn't cut it in Detroit which should tell you something. Alas, the line has held up decently well. Some of the sacks can be attributed to Edwards holding the ball too long, but he's nowhere near as bad as that as other qbs that we've had in the past...

Yeah, I'm pretty worried, more about Jonathon Scott at RT. The guy couldn't cut it in Detroit which should tell you something. Alas, the line has held up decently well. Some of the sacks can be attributed to Edwards holding the ball too long, but he's nowhere near as bad as that as other qbs that we've had in the past...

So far, this year, I think nearly all of the sacks have been coverage sacks and/or because Trent held the ball too long.

Ralph may not be a free spender, but do you honestly believe passing on Runyon was a Ralph call? That's preposterous on its face.

As has been mentioned no other team has signed him, either, and many have much worse offensive line issues than the Bills. Are their owners cheap, too?

It is comments like these that separate the non-thinking fans from those who take some time, and employ some objectivity, when considering the context of a decision. Do you really think Runyon is going to be able to function effectively in the no-huddle?

There are times when Ralph's frugality is a real issue, and is fair game. But too often it is used as a catch-all for those who are simply pissed off at the failure of the recent teams.

Thank you, Dean - Runyan is approaching his 36th birthday, coming off microfracture knee surgery, and no other NFL team has signed him, yet some of the WAH-mbulance drivers out there think he'd be a perfect fit for the Bills young O-line and our no-huddle offense??? :doh::rolleyes:

Why not bring in a tackle with more experience? Coach Dick Jauron pointed to the presence of four-year veteran Kirk Chambers, who now presumably is the Bills' No.3 tackle.

"At this point we still have the luxury of Kirk, who's got experience in the league and who's played well for us," Jauron said.

"Sean [Kugler] and Ray [brown] really liked Meredith in his workout, thought he had some upside," Jauron said, referring to the Bills' offensive line coaches. "We had good grades on him coming out. So we decided we would go that way. That's really the reasons."

link-Buffalo News

I like the youth-movement, and gotta side with DJ and the Bills staff who - surprisingly - seem to be making all the right moves regarding the O-line so far.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

REVERSE THE CURSE!!!!! :lol:

So far, this year, I think nearly all of the sacks have been coverage sacks and/or because Trent held the ball too long.

Then again, we have not faced any elite pass rushers so the jury is still out. Good news is that facing 'soft' defenses allows time for our brand spanking new OL to gel and get experience for the DE beasts later this season.

Back to the OP, I doubt the decision to not get Runyan is about the money. I am not sure how much money he would command anyway.

Then again, we have not faced any elite pass rushers so the jury is still out. Good news is that facing 'soft' defenses allows time for our brand spanking new OL to gel and get experience for the DE beasts later this season.

Back to the OP, I doubt the decision to not get Runyan is about the money. I am not sure how much money he would command anyway.

Very true. I'm not suggesting we should no longer be concerned about the OL. But so-far, so-good, baring the injuries, of course.

Oh Dean stop it. You and I both know that RW is purposely putting out the worst product possible out on the field. It's what he wants, which is to piss off all the whiny fans before he kicks it.

Oh Dean stop it. You and I both know that RW is purposely putting out the worst product possible out on the field. It's what he wants, which is to piss off all the whiny fans before he kicks it.

:wallbash:

Yes, but don't forget that, in addition to being cheap, RW is also a senile old fool - in trying to piss off the fans by putting the cheapest, worst product possible on the field, he'll likely screw everything up and make the playoffs...

18 and 1 baby!!! :lol:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

REVERSE THE CURSE!!!!! :lol:

I can't stand it; will Wilson ever spend some money on this team? Runyon is a proven tough vet, but instead we sign a no-name unproven rookie. The rebuilding project that will never, never, never, end.

I'm not a Ralph Wilson fan. I consider him to be one of the worst owners in the league. His team's dismal record over the past decade is a reflection of the way the incompetent owner runs his franchise. But in this case the organization is making the right call on Runyan. The Bills aren't the only team wary of his knee problems, including the Eagles, a team he was with for a very long time.

My preference would have been to keep Langston Walker as a reserve, even at his inflated salary. He could have stepped in for the injured Butler and also backed up Bell at LT. He could have also been used as a utility lineman to fill in at the guard positions. But the Bills didn't because of the cost and they wanted to go in a different direction. Picking up Meredith does make sense. He is a player the scouts followed when he was in college. They thought he had some potential. If the team loses another player on the line the offense will have a major problem.

In my opinion the best player on the line right now is Woods. He is going to be like Faneca, a consistent all-pro caliber player. Levitre is a little behind Woods in ability but he also is going to be a mainstay on the line for a long time, assuming he stays healthy.

geezus, another poser newb who doesnt know anything about football complaining about Ralph being cheap because all you know are names in football.