Pepperoni Question

stevestojan

I know, strange topic. But when I moved from Buffalo to FLA, it was near impossible to find good pizza, so I often made my own. Now that I'm moving to AZ, I will likely do the same. That said, I can't find the pepperoni that is the small type that "cups" when you cook it. I hope someone knows what I'm referring to.

Is there a specific name for it? If so, I can then do a proper Google on where to buy it online. I Googled for it, but my searches didn't find what I was looking for.

I hope people know what I'm talking about. Its basically little cups of grease, maybe 3/8ths of an inch in size.

I thought pretty much any fresh (never frozen) pepperoni cups when cooked.

Yeah, it does. I know this is a strange question. But when I go to even Tops or Wegmans here, its "full size" pepperoni. I guess I'm not explaining it properly. Its smaller that regular pepperoni. It makes a horrifying (see: delicious) cup of grease within its self. Its smaller than "regular" pepperoni.

I apologize for my excessive use of quotation marks.

Yeah, it does. I know this is a strange question. But when I go to even Tops or Wegmans here, its "full size" pepperoni. I guess I'm not explaining it properly. Its smaller that regular pepperoni. It makes a horrifying (see: delicious) cup of grease within its self. Its smaller than "regular" pepperoni.

I apologize for my excessive use of quotation marks.

I think you'll get that cupping with any pepperoni that employs a natural casing, and pepperoni with an artificial casing will remain flat. Unfortunately, most places seem to use pepperoni with artificial.

I could go for some Picasso's with pepperoni right now.

These people don't know what they're saying.

Here's how to get the pepperoni you're talking about.

Buy a good stick or pepperoni. None of that pre-cut paper thin crap.

Cut it into whatever thickness slices you want.

Put those in the frying pan with just a little butter or non-stick crap. The pepperoni will curl and crisp up a bit.

Drop that on the pizza before you cook it.

Perfect pepperoni. Step 3 is what most restaurants don't do, do you just get warm roni.

Put those in the frying pan with just a little butter or non-stick crap. The pepperoni will curl and crisp up a bit.

Perfect pepperoni. Step 3 is what most restaurants don't do, do you just get warm roni.

you = awesome

Don't think step 3 is necessary. Most any stick pepperoni will give you cuppage w/o the hassle.

Hmm...I could swear you told us you are a vegetarian. No?

I know, strange topic. But when I moved from Buffalo to FLA, it was near impossible to find good pizza, so I often made my own. Now that I'm moving to AZ, I will likely do the same. That said, I can't find the pepperoni that is the small type that "cups" when you cook it. I hope someone knows what I'm referring to.

Is there a specific name for it? If so, I can then do a proper Google on where to buy it online. I Googled for it, but my searches didn't find what I was looking for.

I hope people know what I'm talking about. Its basically little cups of grease, maybe 3/8ths of an inch in size.

Margherita brand stick pepperoni

it needs to be room temp when you dress the pizza and the oven needs to be HOT 450-500 degrees to get it to cup up

https://www.buffalofoods.com/home.htm

don't kill me if the link doesn't work - you can type it in

Margherita brand stick pepperoni

it needs to be room temp when you dress the pizza and the oven needs to be HOT 450-500 degrees to get it to cup up

https://www.buffalofoods.com/home.htm

don't kill me if the link doesn't work - you can type it in

you could switch the oven to broil (if cooking in a regular oven) for the last minute or so and that will cause cupping without all the hassel. i do it all the time when i make a homemade pizza sub. i like my peps cupped and the jalapenos crisped.