I got a crazy feeling we are going to beat NE

Gordio

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bills can survive the first half within 10 points I actually think we have a chance. The D will show up and I think the Pats D will wear down in the second half. Our young o linemen will open up more holes for Jackson in the second half which will leave Evans open for at least 1 bomb in the second half. Ill even take a long pass interference penalty. Owens will score at least 1x also. We will see how it goes though because it could get real ugly real fast.

Its the NFL of course we have a chance a realistic chance even. Now in the NFL whenever everything lines up right for one team (Brady is back, New England is home, Pats are 10.5 point favorites, Bills look dreadful in pre-season for what thats worth) there tends to be a close game and usually an upset. I mean the Bills earned that 10.5 dog status but it all just seems like one of those situations where they can keep this one dangerously close and maybe even come away with it.

I had this feeling twice recently once was Bills Cowboys Monday night a game that the Bills should have won and a game that no one expected the Bills to even be in at all. The other time was Panthers vs Cardinals last year in the playoffs everyone expected the Panthers (Panthers had a D that could contain the Cards and they were suppose to be able to just run down their throats too) to crush the Cards but it was the other way around.

To me this is the way the game goes. Bills and Pats* both come out swinging and at the half its 14-17 Pats*. The Bills open the half with a field goal drive to tie the game at 17. Than the Pats* take the ball 70 yards down field for a 8 minute TD drive that kills the Bills. The Pats* also tack on a field goal to go up by 10. BUT the Bills don't give up they score a TD with 5-7 minutes left to make the game at least have some interest but the Pats* are able to score a field goal and run down a huge chunk of the clock. Down by 6 with no timeouts the Bills just can't muster up another score.

Final Bills 24 Pats* 30. The Bills play better than most here expect but come up short yet again. Another reason to be optimistic DON'T YOU THINK WE ARE DUE?!!!!

I think our team goes out and plays is collective @sses off......and loses a close one.

I could live with that at this point. Then the saints feel our wratth the following week.

I think our team goes out and plays is collective @sses off......and wins. Then we clobber Tampa Bay the following week in the home opener.

This is going to be a fun game !!

Go BILLS !!

If your eternal loyalty and beer goggles compel you to do the unthinkable and bet the Bills, at least wait until Monday afternoon to do it.

That -10.5 is going to get dangerously close to -14 after Joe Fan tries to recoup his Sunday losses by betting on MNF. Barring Tom Brady getting crabs during the week, the public money is going to come pouring in against the Bills come Sunday night.

Bills 24 Patriots 17 A couple to defensive turnovers win the game for us, after the defense keeps us in the game all day. That's right, I am a Bills fan for better or worse, and will be screaming for the Bills in every game they play this year, and next year, and all years the future may hold.

something just does not smell right about this matchup. NE sending Seymour on his way, firing of Turk, as a betting man the line is only 10.5, something wierd is going on. I think the bills will win next monday. BTW, just got back from wild wings, boozing up all day, it maybe the booze talking.

It's the booze...definitely the booze... :censored:

Just for the record the Patriots aren't going to be as good as ESPN wants us all to think they are. Everyone drinks somebody's kool-aid. The only question is which flavor are you drinking? Personally I don't care for the Patriots are better than everybody variety. The only thing that has happened to the Patriots recently has been getting smacked down over and over since they went 18-0, and I see no reason not to expect that trend to continue, considering how everyone in the league wants to hurt them as much as possible.

Seriously, with the Seymour trade the defense of the Pats looks shaky. As Tony Masserotti a Boston reporter calls it:

"With regard to the 2009 Patriots defense, let’s not delude ourselves. After the preseason and entering the Sept. 14 opener, the defensive line was the only area that looked to be trouble-free. In Seymour, Vince Wilfork and Ty Warren, the Pats had three first-round picks that were the foundation of the unit. Those three players might very have comprised the best defensive line in the game. Now Seymour is gone in favor of Jarvis Green, Ron Brace, Mike Wright or Myron Pryor -- or any combination of them all -- and the simple truth is that there is enough reason to question every one of them.

Meanwhile, the Pats seem to have only two proven and capable linebackers -- Jerod Mayo and Adalius Thomas -- in front of a defensive backfield that seems currently entrenched in a game of musical chairs. Beyond the defensive line, especially, there are lots of new faces and a cast of new draftees, which cannot help but make you wonder if the Pats will need to score 40 points a game through the first two months of the season while Belichick sorts out all the pieces.

The point? If the Pats lose another chance at a title this year because their defense proves incapable of making a big stop -- doesn’t that really cover the last three years in a nutshell? – Belichick will have some questions to answer. (Of course, that hardly means he will actually answer them.) For a man with a well-earned reputation as a defensive mastermind, Belichick’s last three teams have been exposed when it came time to make the defining stop, which is the biggest reason the Pats have now gone a full, four-year term without a championship."

The pats may not have what it takes to generate a killer pass rush, the defensive backfield may not be able to handle TO and Evans, and if Edwards can get time (and IF he is good enough...still a question). We might be able to do some harm. On offense Brady is coming off the Knee injury and may not be able or confident enough to rely on that knee. We might give them a game.

Seriously, with the Seymour trade the defense of the Pats looks shaky. As Tony Masserotti a Boston reporter calls it:

"With regard to the 2009 Patriots defense, let’s not delude ourselves. After the preseason and entering the Sept. 14 opener, the defensive line was the only area that looked to be trouble-free. In Seymour, Vince Wilfork and Ty Warren, the Pats had three first-round picks that were the foundation of the unit. Those three players might very have comprised the best defensive line in the game. Now Seymour is gone in favor of Jarvis Green, Ron Brace, Mike Wright or Myron Pryor -- or any combination of them all -- and the simple truth is that there is enough reason to question every one of them.

Meanwhile, the Pats seem to have only two proven and capable linebackers -- Jerod Mayo and Adalius Thomas -- in front of a defensive backfield that seems currently entrenched in a game of musical chairs. Beyond the defensive line, especially, there are lots of new faces and a cast of new draftees, which cannot help but make you wonder if the Pats will need to score 40 points a game through the first two months of the season while Belichick sorts out all the pieces.

The point? If the Pats lose another chance at a title this year because their defense proves incapable of making a big stop -- doesn’t that really cover the last three years in a nutshell? – Belichick will have some questions to answer. (Of course, that hardly means he will actually answer them.) For a man with a well-earned reputation as a defensive mastermind, Belichick’s last three teams have been exposed when it came time to make the defining stop, which is the biggest reason the Pats have now gone a full, four-year term without a championship."

The pats may not have what it takes to generate a killer pass rush, the defensive backfield may not be able to handle TO and Evans, and if Edwards can get time (and IF he is good enough...still a question). We might be able to do some harm. On offense Brady is coming off the Knee injury and may not be able or confident enough to rely on that knee. We might give them a game.

Just for the record the Patriots aren't going to be as good as ESPN wants us all to think they are. Everyone drinks somebody's kool-aid. The only question is which flavor are you drinking? Personally I don't care for the Patriots are better than everybody variety. The only thing that has happened to the Patriots recently has been getting smacked down over and over since they went 18-0, and I see no reason not to expect that trend to continue, considering how everyone in the league wants to hurt them as much as possible.

:censored:

Belichick would not make the trade if there wasn't someone that he knew could step up. They will play primarily a 4-3 defense, so it is Wilfork and Warren on the inside. There was no use for Seymour, as he isn't big enough to be a DT and doesn't have the pass rush skills of a 4-3 DE. Pryor has been tearing it up this preseason, and they obviously have very high hopes for 2nd rounder Brace. They have a VERY good group of DT's with Wilfork and Warren starting, and Brace and Pryor as the backups. One of the best DT groups in the league, probably.

I'm not sure what you think is funny here. Let's analyze this objectively, shall we?

1. The Pats defense is bad. Especially when you trade away Richard Seymour off of a defensive line that was one of its few redeeming qualities. Their LBs, while a few have some talent, lack depth. Their secondary is patchwork at best and a major liability at anything less than their best.

2. The Pats (regardless of how much Tim Graham thinks Lawrence Maroney is a *gamer*) have zero running game. They gain yards because teams have to compensate for the deep pass and that will happen early in many games, but when it is close and the game is on the line late, where will the Pats look to protect a fragile lead? Is Maroney going to be able to carry the load and eat the clock with a close game on the line? I wouldn't put my money on that.

3. Tom Brady hasn't played in a year, and he is returning on a completely reconstructed knee that hasn't been tested. Even if we assume his durability will not be a factor, you have to wonder if he can possibly show the same poise and fearless decision making that so set him apart from the league. I think Brady is going to do well, but to think he is going to return to 07 form and/or make the Pro Bowl - well again I wouldn't put my money on that.

4. The Patriots took seeming delight in embarrassing and mocking the other NFL teams in '07. That hasn't been forgotten, and even the Steelers won't see the same level of infuriated, inspired play week to week. Every week is going to be the SB for the Pats opponents, and they simply don't have the talent to endure it.

Get ready Pats fans, because the time to pay for that '07 debacle begins this season and probably won't stop for a very very long time.

The only question is: how long will it be before the Pats see the playoffs again? I'm guessing at least 5 years.

Belichick would not make the trade if there wasn't someone that he knew could step up. They will play primarily a 4-3 defense, so it is Wilfork and Warren on the inside. There was no use for Seymour, as he isn't big enough to be a DT and doesn't have the pass rush skills of a 4-3 DE. Pryor has been tearing it up this preseason, and they obviously have very high hopes for 2nd rounder Brace. They have a VERY good group of DT's with Wilfork and Warren starting, and Brace and Pryor as the backups. One of the best DT groups in the league, probably.

So you think switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3 a week before the season starts is an indication that things are going in the Pats favor? So you think they get rid of Seymour and switch defenses because they know that "someone will step up?" LoL! Son your lenses are as colored as anyone I've ever known.

What a joke.

So you think switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3 a week before the season starts is an indication that things are going in the Pats favor? So you think they get rid of Seymour and switch defenses because they know that "someone will step up?" LoL! Son your lenses are as colored as anyone I've ever known.

What a joke.

A week before the season? Do you realize that the pats only played the 3-4 defense last year 15% of the time? Do you realize they've been installing the 4-3 over the last 2-3 years? Why don't you get informed before coming to the table.

If you dont have hope..... your not truly a Bills fan.

If they lose so what we can all say its only one game and the have a winnable game at home vs the Bucs.

But if they win OMG I will be smiling the rest of the week as will the rest of the Buffalo area.

You play the win the game......Herm Edwards ( I hate that new Coors commercial BTW )

Please stopping with the blowing of BB. If he was so great, he would have started Brady before Mo Lewis came along.

I think it was a great reade for the Pats* in the long run, but if you don't think the loss of Seymour is going to hurt their defense, you don't watch football. I'm much happier facing a Pats* team starting young, inexperience players.

something just does not smell right about this matchup. NE sending Seymour on his way, firing of Turk, as a betting man the line is only 10.5, something wierd is going on. I think the bills will win next monday. BTW, just got back from wild wings, boozing up all day, it maybe the booze talking.

It could be the booze talking but there is nothing wrong with being optimistic.

Please stopping with the blowing of BB. If he was so great, he would have started Brady before Mo Lewis came along.

I think it was a great reade for the Pats* in the long run, but if you don't think the loss of Seymour is going to hurt their defense, you don't watch football. I'm much happier facing a Pats* team starting young, inexperience players.

I don't think losing Seymour will hurt that defense, and I watch more football than you.

I think buffalo has a chance but they need to score more than 21pts. its that simple!

I agree....My prediction is Bills 27-24 and it will take that many points at least to win...even then I think the Bills need alot of luck to pull it off....reality is setting in as our family reunion becomes more of a distant memory and the beer exits the system...lol...

I don't think losing Seymour will hurt that defense, and I watch more football than you.

Considering how much football you supposedly watch, I would expect you to display a far greater degree of cognitive understanding of its principles and dynamics.

That fact that you do not only leads me to believe that said cognitive understanding is quite simply beyond your capacity. But don't feel bad, you can always blame it on the gene pool.

Haha. We'll see.

Seymour was a great player in their 3-4, but I don't think the dropoff between Seymour to Warren will be that drastic of a move that it will greatly effect the defense. Warren is a good enough player (not quite the caliber of Seymour) that he will certainly be dominant in his own right.

Considering how much football you supposedly watch, I would expect you to display a far greater degree of cognitive understanding of its principles and dynamics.

That fact that you do not only leads me to believe that said cognitive understanding is quite simply beyond your capacity. But don't feel bad, you can always blame it on the gene pool.

Judging by your above posts, I'm surprised you even know what the word cognitive means. If I've displayed any sort of cognitive dropoff in this thread, it can probably be attributed to the fact that it's littered with your handicapped drivel, which has severely brought me down with it. Anyhow, keep making posts with no facts in them. It's enjoyable ripping you apart. :censored: