IT'S PRE SEASON.

billsfan89

Of all the reasons to get down on the Bills this year their pre-season performance is what you are going to point to as a sign of the teams chances at winning. It's the NFL the Bills are a 8-8 team that depend on injury and in game luck to add or take away wins to their total. Sure DJ might not inspire confidence and the O-line is still a work in progress but to get on this team for pre-season performance.

Its pre-season do you really think that their quality of play during the pre-season is really the way they will be in the regular season. I have seen playoff teams look horrible in pre-season and bad 5-11 teams look awesome in pre-season it honestly means nothing at all.

Sure you can look to the play of individual players and get concerned but to say 0-16 first pick here we come is just a little hyperbolic don't you think.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
Of all the reasons to get down on the Bills this year their pre-season performance is what you are going to point to as a sign of the teams chances at winning. It's the NFL the Bills are a 8-8 team that depend on injury and in game luck to add or take away wins to their total. Sure DJ might not inspire confidence and the O-line is still a work in progress but to get on this team for pre-season performance.

Its pre-season do you really think that their quality of play during the pre-season is really the way they will be in the regular season. I have seen playoff teams look horrible in pre-season and bad 5-11 teams look awesome in pre-season it honestly means nothing at all.

Sure you can look to the play of individual players and get concerned but to say 0-16 first pick here we come is just a little hyperbolic don't you think.

but you don't understand, this is it, our season is over, don't you know that by now, geeesh :lol:

The final scores of preseason games don't count, nor do mistakes and such, but if your first team offense has failed to produce more then 1 fieldgoal in 4 games that does count.

I'm starting to think that most Bills fans and TBD posters have finally taken off the rose colored glasses and realize what I've know since the Peters trade and the complete rebuilding of the offensive line, the Bills will only be as good as their O line.

What if the Bills were putting up numbers like the Saints and Packers? Would you be saying not too get too excited, it's just pre-season? I try very hard to be positive but this team looks the same as the last few years.

You're kidding right? This is a joke? Have you watched any of these games? We have ZERO positives to pull from any of the games for the first string offense. The O-line is struggling, but Trent looks lost out there... and Yes, he has had time to throw on many plays and yet still earns the title "Captain Checkdown."

Mark my words: TO is gonna blow a cork by about the 3rd week, calling out Edwards and Turk. DJ will be fired after the bye week. Bank on it.

This is a 4 win team at best.

You are in denial of how terrible this offense is going to be.

BTW, fix your stupid title.

You're kidding right? This is a joke? Have you watched any of these games? We have ZERO positives to pull from any of the games for the first string offense. The O-line is struggling, but Trent looks lost out there... and Yes, he has had time to throw on many plays and yet still earns the title "Captain Checkdown."

Mark my words: TO is gonna blow a cork by about the 3rd week, calling out Edwards and Turk. DJ will be fired after the bye week. Bank on it.

Whatever TO wants to say I applaud him for it. At least someone credible will show some emotion.

Sooner he blows up, the better.

Whatever TO wants to say I applaud him for it. At least someone credible will show some emotion.

Sooner he blows up, the better.

I completely agree.

A TO problem mixed with an 0-4 start only shortens Dickface's stay as coach.

These arguments that the preseason doesn't mean anything are getting weaker every week. It's plain to see that the starters are not ready to start the season, let alone on the road on a Monday night in NE. There are no signs that the offense is getting anywhere.

It may be a sign of defeat or "talking a step back", but the first thing I would do is scrap the no huddle for now. I don't see any benefit from it at all.

There has not been one positive the past two preseason games.The idea is to look sharper

as the weeks go.The team is getting worse.

You think after seeing a 3-4 defense as much as we see it we could do a little something.

Every time it looks like the first time.Totally a reflection of the coaching staff.

DJ sucks and will be gone soon.Then we will find another 3rd rate head coach to take his place.

The games may not count but the performances do. I didn't expect them to beat the steelers but expected a competitive performance. The starters looked terrible and no better than their worst play of last year. No improvement whatsoever. The offense looks totally lost. The defense can't stop third and long...It wasn't a bad performance it was a pitiful performance and embarrassing...

I'm starting to think that most Bills fans and TBD posters have finally taken off the rose colored glasses and realize what I've know since the Peters trade and the complete rebuilding of the offensive line, the Bills will only be as good as their O line.

Not only does the O line look bad but take a peek at our D line also. The D line puts zero pressure on opposing QB's. This team is circling the drain fast!

It's Pre season yes but very good teams look very good at least part of the time.

I agree that the o-line is young and going to have growing pains. The biggest reason we are not going to see the playoffs for our eleventh straight season is QB. This team hasn't had a CONSISTENTLY good QB since Kelly. The Bills need to invest 100 percent of their efforts into finding a QB. If that means drafting a couple guys next year, do it. I'm sick of the Bills pinning all their hopes on one guy.

IMO, the Bills should grab one of the top guys in the draft next year and another one later. Why didn't we get one this past draft? These late round QBs are like lottery tickets. Take a shot every year.

I agree and am putting my faith in hoping that DJ is taking a page from Marv Levy's pre-season philosophy of not showing too much, very bland game plans, limited work for the starters (which resulted in very few PS wins during the glory years).....I'm just not sure DJ is that smart.....

Week three is the over/under on T.O. Good call. I am going to take the over because it will be after the N.O. game, right after.

I really dont care if we win a single game in preseason. But we at least need a good series or 2 from the offense along the way.-Thats Marv's Bills did..a few good series here and there.Dont give any secrets away.Knock the rust off. Give us a glimmer of what is ahead.

I agree that the o-line is young and going to have growing pains. The biggest reason we are not going to see the playoffs for our eleventh straight season is QB. This team hasn't had a CONSISTENTLY good QB since Kelly. The Bills need to invest 100 percent of their efforts into finding a QB. If that means drafting a couple guys next year, do it. I'm sick of the Bills pinning all their hopes on one guy.

IMO, the Bills should grab one of the top guys in the draft next year and another one later. Why didn't we get one this past draft? These late round QBs are like lottery tickets. Take a shot every year.

Been there done that. :lol:

they need to fix the OLine, until they do the QB carousel will continue.