OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: BILLS VS STEELERS 8/29/2009

sven233

Just to play devil's advocate, the best player on the Bills BY FAR is TO, and he hasn't played since the first series of the HOF game. I assume he's taking it easy and revving it up for the season (as opposed to really being injured), so let's wait until there's a true #1 receiver out there before passing judgment. I mean, Parrish was targeted a couple of times early on - presumably for trade purposes - and you can bet the Steelers know he's on the block and coached appropriately. It sounds like I'm making excuses -and I guess I am - but I saw some games last year where Edwards looked terrific, and I'm not prepared to sign his death warrant because of a series of meaningless games in which he was missing his best player (again, by far).

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

usually the starters play into the 3rd quarter in the second to last preseason game

Trent and the starters should play the entire game with the way they are playing right now

Why bother. It's pretty clear what they can do. Let's see the other guys...

I really want to see Fitz with the starters. Trent is not getting it done.....

I just would be interested to see if it is really the offense or if it is just Trent. I'm really starting to think that the offensive problems are Trent's.....not the rest of the team.

Just to play devil's advocate, the best player on the Bills BY FAR is TO, and he hasn't played since the first series of the HOF game. I assume he's taking it easy and revving it up for the season (as opposed to really being injured), so let's wait until there's a true #1 receiver out there before passing judgment. I mean, Parrish was targeted a couple of times early on, and you can bet the Steelers know he's on the block and coached appropriately. It sounds like I'm making excuses -and I guess I am - but I saw some games last year where Edwards looked terrific, and I'm not prepared to sign his death warrant because of a series of meaningless games in which he was missing his best player (again, by far).

We can't run the ball or stop the run. How's TO going to help?

usually the starters play into the 3rd quarter in the second to last preseason game

Trent and the starters should play the entire game with the way they are playing right now

They better come out early at alftime and take it to the marching band to put 6 on the board.