OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: BILLS VS STEELERS 8/29/2009

sven233

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Evans' game is a deep game, which isn't Edwards' forte. Owens is a short to medium RAC guy, and quite possibly one of the three best players in history at that sort of game.

I also strongly suspect that he doesn't have turf toe. In all likelihood, he's suffering from the same sorts of "ailments" that Bruce Smith suffered from in 1995-97, when he had three of the best seasons of his career.

so very true

Trent was average in college, what made anyone think he was more than a backup in the NFL?

I know he was on a bad Stanford team, but his backups stayed healthy and performed close to his level.

For those that listened to Bill Walsh, I hope you realize he also worried Trent had limited potential.

If you notice, he is no better now, then he was his first season. He has reached his ceiling and is a career backup.

I question his mental toughness, physical toughness and arm strength. Those are a lot of worries to have about your franchise QB, which is why I never thought he would amount to much.

The QB who will lead us to the playoffs isn't on the roster yet. Hell, I don't even know if he's been born yet.

This team needs changes from the top down. They need a real GM, who will hire a competent head coach.

Trent and Dick seem like nice guys, I just don't want either with such important roles on my favorite football team.

Agreed on all points.

I wonder what the Church of Trent will offer in his defense?

I wonder how much success we would have had with Ben. The Steelers, like all the good teams, build from their O and D lines out. We've never done that until this year...we've been drafting safeties, CBs and other such players.

Exactly. Big Ben would have been a disaster in Buffalo. This board would deride him as a stiff who gets sacked too much and would still be calling for a new QB.

Passing

Buffalo Comp Att Yds Pct Y/A Sack YdsL TD Int Rating

T. Edwards 5 11 27 45.5 2.5 1 5 0 1 14.6

Pittsburgh Comp Att Yds Pct Y/A Sack YdsL TD Int Rating

B. Roethlisberger 15 19 168 78.9 8.8 1 4 0 0 103.5

Now what is the reason?

1. Is it Edwards inability to play against the 3-4?

2. Is the coaching staff unable to prepare the offense to play a 3-4?

This is sad....downright sad... :censored:

I know its only preseason and lots of good teams end up with crappy records, etc...

The problem I have however is that both sides of the ball are being dominated by the opposition when the 1st stringers are in. The same crap as last year...the offense struggles to even get a first down against a 3-4 defense, the defense stops the other team until they get them in 3rd and longs, and then they allow receivers to run wide open 15 yards downfield while generating little or no pass rush most plays(although Maybin appears ready to change that...) to allow them easy first downs, and now the special teams even looks like crap...

WTF is this team doing??!? Are they TRYING to lose?? It is difficult to believe we can get teams in 3rd and long this many times and allow them to convert virtually every time. Edwards looks like he wants to get a security blanket from his mommy, and the receivers basically look like they are disinterested. Probably because they realize once they go more than 5 yards downfield they have 0 chance of getting the ball...