OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: BILLS VS STEELERS 8/29/2009

sven233

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just listening on the radio cuz I'm out of town, but was it not true that the three or four times the Bills actually ran a QUICK no-huddle and snapped the ball QUICK, they gaind good yards every time? And Maybin, still obviously "out of football shape", got triple and double-teamed and still got a sack. I'm not saying they look like champions out there, but it seems like there MIGHT be something to this team that they are keeping in the box until Week One.

I know, I know....

Flame away

Well, the only hopeful news is that during the glory years of the super bowl teams they only won something like four pre-season games in four years.....of course those teams did at least put some offensive points on the board besides FG's.......unfortunately I stand by my 5-11 prediction. The real question is when will RW can DJ and who will replace him? I say week 6 but no idea who will replace him....

you simply cant compare this team to the teams of the glory years and what they did in the preseason...the teams of the glory days were veteran teams that were together for more then a couple years...the current Bills are young and need as much work as they can get especially with a completely rebuilt offensive line

yes its preseason but you would like the starters to at least look ready to start this season...this team looks like they havent even practiced together

Yeah...watching our 1st stringers get manhandled 48-0 over 4 games is overreacting...if anything this might be one of the most putrid pre-season performances by any team's 1st stringers in the history of the NFL...

Your right, this game is making me sick. I have to defend Edwards a little bit although he is sucking up the field. It's tough when your getting that much pressure in your face. It doesn't allow you to get in any kind of rhythm. Then when he has an occassion or two when he has a little time he is out of sink; thinking he needs to unload faster than he has to. I'm sitting here on every pass play yelling get rid of it before you get sacked. When Ben Roth is throwing he can have a beer and a piece of pizza and still find time to throw the damn ball.

The Colts have lost their last 7 or so preseason games...

I'm pretty sure their offense looked pretty decent and scored some points...so did our old Bills teams, but when you have proven you are actually good, you can have those performances in the pre-season and not many people worry. When you sucked for the last 9 years, and now appear to be sucking even worse in pre-season than normal, that is a major cause for concern...

Who cares if they lose, but the problem I have is when I am happy our second stringers come in so they can make the game closer and prevent a complete rout...wonder what the score of the 4 games would have been if the first stringers played the whole game? 110-10?

Its pathetic, and its getting to the point where I am getting physically angry over watching this type of bull sh-- over and over again every single !@#$ing game...

i know 'its preseason'.... but i wouldnt mind losing. its just how they look as if they dont belong on an NFL field that gets me.

Mybe they are just rolling out vanilla gameplans. the gameplan that doesnt include running or blocking or throwing or pass rush or discipline.

Your right, this game is making me sick. I have to defend Edwards a little bit although he is sucking up the field. It's tough when your getting that much pressure in your face. It doesn't allow you to get in any kind of rhythm. Then when he has an occassion or two when he has a little time he is out of sink; thinking he needs to unload faster than he has to. I'm sitting here on every pass play yelling get rid of it before you get sacked. When Ben Roth is throwing he can have a beer and a piece of pizza and still find time to throw the damn ball.

He isn't getting pressured until he holds onto the ball because he looks terrified to throw a pass----even his normal 2 yard varieties...I don't want to hear about the OLine---he has had plenty of time to throw the ball on most pass attempts...

I was just listening on the radio cuz I'm out of town, but was it not true that the three or four times the Bills actually ran a QUICK no-huddle and snapped the ball QUICK, they gaind good yards every time? And Maybin, still obviously "out of football shape", got triple and double-teamed and still got a sack. I'm not saying they look like champions out there, but it seems like there MIGHT be something to this team that they are keeping in the box until Week One.

I know, I know....

Flame away

You are the very definition of an optimist.