Well this certainly changes things

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The PFT post -- like most on the site -- is nothing more than a second-over of Graham's post, which is already being discussed in this forum.

Agreed. This is just a re-tread. Mods, you might want to condolidate.

Hangartner is good, I'm not sure he goes anywhere, at least for right now. I could see the Bills going through this year with Bell, Wood, Hangartner, Butler, Walker, and if Hangartner isn't what they expected, giving the offseason to Wood to play OC and Levitre LG, or maybe at some point during the year. But I have to believe they aren't going to completely revamp the line 2 weeks before opening night on MNF against NE.

Also, don't assume Walker automatically goes back to RT and Butler to RG. If they like Butler's progress, it could easly be Bell, Levitre, Hangartner, Wood, Butler.

Why doesn't Langston get put back at RT where he played well and not on the bench?

Because he is not worth the $$ he is getting at RT. He is a pretty good pass blocker for a RT but a poor run blocker. I said this several times over the last few weeks: LW is either going to make it at LT or will be gone after this season.

I would by lying if I said this doesn't bother me......

I am high on Bell and if they think he is the LT then so be it......but why send L. Walker to the bench when he is a bettter RT then Butler?

Is this about $$$$$

Only Florio or someone at PFT speculates that he will go to the bench. The article says they are not happy with Walker at LT. It doesn't even pose the possibility that Walker would go back to RT, which IMO is exactly what would happen.

So you've never seen depth changes on any other teams? That's what camp is for. Guys the coaches may not think are ready will come along much faster than expected. The Bills are not the only team to change their depth chart after camp and those other teams don't have bad "roster watchers" :ph34r:

You've been backing up the front office for quite some time now. My point remains that the Bills traded Peters and intended to replace him with LW at almost the outset of the off-season. Now they're changing again. This is not merely about depth chart and making cosmetic changes. We're talking about starting a second guy at the most important OLine position in four months.

How many teams change their starting LT out of camp? Not many teams do. Bumping a guy up at WR or LB is one thing. Potentially changing your LT to a guy who hasn't started an NFL game is another. This is, if it happens, major stuff.

If Bell starts and Walker is benched or outright released, that's 14 failed FA's fro 2006-2007. That's how I know the front office is bad.

I would by lying if I said this doesn't bother me......

I am high on Bell and if they think he is the LT then so be it......but why send L. Walker to the bench when he is a bettter RT then Butler?

Is this about $$$$$$$$$$

Who's saying he's better than Butler?

Only Florio or someone at PFT speculates that he will go to the bench. The article says they are not happy with Walker at LT. It doesn't even pose the possibility that Walker would go back to RT, which IMO is exactly what would happen.

Thank you.

Everyone but you? There may be a couple other people out of the 10,000 members here, and a million or so Bills fans.

Well, that makes me feel better then, knowing that if that's true, I must be right.

FYI I never said I thought he was better, btw.

You've been backing up the front office for quite some time now. My point remains that the Bills traded Peters and intended to replace him with LW at almost the outset of the off-season. Now they're changing again. This is not merely about depth chart and making cosmetic changes. We're talking about starting a second guy at the most important OLine position in four months.

How many teams change their starting LT out of camp? Not many teams do. Bumping a guy up at WR or LB is one thing. Potentially changing your LT to a guy who hasn't started an NFL game is another. This is, if it happens, major stuff.

If Bell starts and Walker is benched or outright released, that's 14 failed FA's fro 2006-2007. That's how I know the front office is bad.

Whoa whoa, name these 14 FA's and then define failure.