Well this certainly changes things

Rookies historically do not make an impact in the NFL until their 2nd or 3rd season, with the exception perhaps of RB's. Therefore, expecting rookies to come in an make a positive difference is foolish. But because they're new and highly touted fans believe they can be counted on to play at a high level.

Buffalo has been rebuilding off the TD regime for 4 off-seasons. Why did it take that long to figure out they actually needed to draft OL? I won't even go into the pass-rush issues.

We have a front office that's not even average with a coaching staff which isn't good, and rookies OL are going to turn this thing around? No, not quite.

You know I agree, but they had to start somewhere in terms of using early draft resources on linemen. The real question is whether or not they will continue to do so in the future. These guys are out there; a team has to want them more than other positions.

If this organization, not under Jauron, continues to draft big guys, they can and will turn things around.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting note re: Bell to lead off Mark Gaughan's chat this morning:

I think the organization is really high on him. I think he had a pretty good training camp. Now, how much of the team's optimism is wishful thinking? We'll have to see him in games. But so far mostly against backups, Bell has held his own. He has a prototypical body. I don't think there was ever any chance he would be the starting LT to open the season on Sept. 14. He needs more time. But he clearly is the LT of the future. I think the odds are Walker will be the LT this entire season.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/200...ive-chat-1.html

If theyare going to utilize Bell as the staring LT, they better start tonight.

Not a lot of 'gel' time for a new line configuations especially since I would think it would entail also moving Butler to RG and Walker to RT.

I think given the fact that they havent been giving ANY time to these other players at another position, Bell opens the season as the backup LT

If theyare going to utilize Bell as the staring LT, they better start tonight.

Not a lot of 'gel' time for a new line configuations especially since I would think it would entail also moving Butler to RG and Walker to RT.

I think given the fact that they havent been giving ANY time to these other players at another position, Bell opens the season as the backup LT

I believe Bell is out with a back injury.

Who's saying he's better than Butler?

I am.

In regards to the PFT article, :rolleyes:

It seems apparent to me that we will see a lot of shuffling around from this O-line this year and rightfully so.

As of right now, it may be best to go with

LT Bell

LG Wood

C Hangartner

RG Butler

RT Walker

I would imagine that Levitre will get his opportunities at Gaurd and I would think that Wood will get his at Center.

Ultimately, based on the talent we have today,

LT Bell

LG Levitre

C Wood

RG Butler

RT Walker