Bills interested in Tarvaris Jackson?

bizell

I could see the Bears -- but only as a backup. Basanez didn't exactly make a positive impression against Buffalo, you know?

That said, Green Bay is the one that makes me question Jasno's sanity. Rodgers is the unquestioned starter, and they drafted both Brohm and Flynn just last season. Flynn's a little nicked up right now (shoulder), but nothing long-term.

I have to think both Chicago and Green Bay would have to give up an awful lot to get a division opponent's starting quarterback from last year. Even if they don't need him (e.g. Green Bay), they would basically be paying a draft pick for some insight into Minnesota's offense, no?

I guess two things might minimize this -

1. Minnesota's offense is pretty much going to be: hey give it to Adrian and see what he can do, or hey, let's have Brett chuck it down the field to some dudes in purple.

2. Jackson may not be the brightest spoon in the garage, and who knows how much insight he could actually give into the Minnesota offense.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we could trade Ataefiok Etukeren for Jackson straight up.

I would do that deal.

Blasphemer!!! :wallbash:

I have to think both Chicago and Green Bay would have to give up an awful lot to get a division opponent's starting quarterback from last year. Even if they don't need him (e.g. Green Bay), they would basically be paying a draft pick for some insight into Minnesota's offense, no?

I guess two things might minimize this -

1. Minnesota's offense is pretty much going to be: hey give it to Adrian and see what he can do, or hey, let's have Brett chuck it down the field to some dudes in purple.

2. Jackson may not be the brightest spoon in the garage, and who knows how much insight he could actually give into the Minnesota offense.

I don't know why I think this but it seems trading a high draft pick for a divisional QB is pretty stupid. I think if the team wants to trade him to a divisional rival it says a whole lot about that player. I wish I could think of a good example to show the stupidity of doing that, but I can't off the top of my head. :w00t:

[/sarc]

Blasphemer!!! :wallbash:

I don't know why I think this but it seems trading a high draft pick for a divisional QB is pretty stupid. I think if the team wants to trade him to a divisional rival it says a whole lot about that player. I wish I could think of a good example to show the stupidity of doing that, but I can't off the top of my head. :w00t:

[/sarc]

It happens pretty rarely. One example would be Pennington going to the Dophins last year and beating them in the last game of the season, which happened to clinch the division for Miami.

My point is not that Tarvaris the player is worth anything, cause he's not, it's more about him being able to effectively provide much of the offensive playbook from memory to the other team.

Why the heck wouldn't the Bills be interested ?

He's a solid NFL QB with tons of potential. In my opinions he is 100x better than Fitz as a backup and could push/replace Trent if he struggles this year or gets injured. This is a make or break year for the coaching staff, they are going to want to be confident in the backup QB given the fact that most starting QBs do not stay healthy for all 16 games.

I think Buffalo would be absolutely crazy not to atleast monitor the situation and see what it would cost to get him.

:wallbash: You are Losman supporter arent you...Tavares Jackson is JP Losman LITE...........

He's a solid NFL QB with tons of potential. In my opinions he is 100x better than Fitz as a backup and could push/replace Trent if he struggles this year or gets injured. This is a make or break year for the coaching staff, they are going to want to be confident in the backup QB given the fact that most starting QBs do not stay healthy for all 16 games.

I think Buffalo would be absolutely crazy not to atleast monitor the situation and see what it would cost to get him.

Jackson is a mirror image of JP Losman...Big plays, but no consistency....Too many short arm jabs or over the head throws.....If the Bills did not sign JP, why would Jackson be in the discussion. If the Bills feel the need for a backup they should look for the QBs from Tampa Bay...

Jackson is a mirror image of JP Losman...Big plays, but no consistency....Too many short arm jabs or over the head throws.....If the Bills did not sign JP, why would Jackson be in the discussion. If the Bills feel the need for a backup they should look for the QBs from Tampa Bay...

he's not JP....thats why'd they look at him

He is far from a solid QB. The potential part I agree with but that is about it.

Maybe we could trade Ataefiok Etukeren for Jackson straight up.

I would do that deal.

Are you kidding? The guy may unseat Maybin, and you want to give him up for a potential starting QB?

Insane.

Agreed. They'd have to throw in Adrian Peterson before I'd be interested in that deal.

I don't know why I think this but it seems trading a high draft pick for a divisional QB is pretty stupid. I think if the team wants to trade him to a divisional rival it says a whole lot about that player. I wish I could think of a good example to show the stupidity of doing that, but I can't off the top of my head. :lol:

[/sarc]

Yeah, I hated having a winning record too. :lol:

:lol::lol: