Bills interested in Tarvaris Jackson?

bizell

In his blog on ESPN Insider today, Adam Schefter notes that while there was some resignation to the fact that Brett Favre would be starting once he got to Minnesota, not all Vikings players thought he was the best option.

"There also are players in the Vikings' locker room that believe Tarvaris Jackson gives Minnesota the best chance to win," writes Schefter. "Granted, Jackson is coming off a preseason game in which he had a perfect quarterback rating, and Favre struggled. But Jackson is popular among his teammates, and clearly has his supporters."

Kill the controversy? Well, it's possible that the Vikes could trade Jackson to end any QB controversy. The Bills, Bears, Bengals, Saints, Rams and Packers were mentioned as teams interested in Jackson last week by Jason La Canfora of NFL.com.

I don't really see the Bills being interested in him.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the heck wouldn't the Bills be interested ?

He's a solid NFL QB with tons of potential. In my opinions he is 100x better than Fitz as a backup and could push/replace Trent if he struggles this year or gets injured. This is a make or break year for the coaching staff, they are going to want to be confident in the backup QB given the fact that most starting QBs do not stay healthy for all 16 games.

I think Buffalo would be absolutely crazy not to atleast monitor the situation and see what it would cost to get him.

seeing as the article mention the bears being interested in t jack, i am going to have to call bullsh*t.

I could see the Bears -- but only as a backup. Basanez didn't exactly make a positive impression against Buffalo, you know?

That said, Green Bay is the one that makes me question Jasno's sanity. Rodgers is the unquestioned starter, and they drafted both Brohm and Flynn just last season. Flynn's a little nicked up right now (shoulder), but nothing long-term.

Why the heck wouldn't the Bills be interested ?

He's a solid NFL QB with tons of potential. In my opinions he is 100x better than Fitz as a backup and could push/replace Trent if he struggles this year or gets injured. This is a make or break year for the coaching staff, they are going to want to be confident in the backup QB given the fact that most starting QBs do not stay healthy for all 16 games.

I think Buffalo would be absolutely crazy not to atleast monitor the situation and see what it would cost to get him.

He's had the best rushing game, and one of the best defenses for two years running and done exactly squat. No thanks.

I could see the Bears -- but only as a backup. Basanez didn't exactly make a positive impression against Buffalo, you know?

That said, Green Bay is the one that makes me question Jasno's sanity. Rodgers is the unquestioned starter, and they drafted both Brohm and Flynn just last season. Flynn's a little nicked up right now (shoulder), but nothing long-term.

yeah but considering the draft picks they gave up for cutler, pretty sure the bears cannot afford to give up any more, even if it is a late rounder

This guy couldn't beat out Hamden. As another poster pointed out, he has had the best RB in football in his backfield and one of the best defenses in the league, and he hasn't done sh--. He has no accuracy, and can't read a D. How on earth can he fail on play action pass? That is the only pass play minny would have to run to have an effective passing game. Minny's own actions tell us all we need to know - They brought in Sage Rosenfels to replace him. Tarvaris was very possibly the WORST starting quarterback in all of football last year.

All I know is that guy (Jason La Canfora) has been reporting a ton of false crap related to the Bills lately. I think he's trying to get his career started at the expense of true information. Everything he's "reported" and "speculated" has been false.

Maybe we could trade Ataefiok Etukeren for Jackson straight up.

I would do that deal.

Are you kidding? The guy may unseat Maybin, and you want to give him up for a potential starting QB?

Insane.

T Jack sucks... Everyone in Minnesota knows it. Watch him play, and he likes to jump while passing the ball - instead of platning his feet.

He'd be a disaster here. The Vikes can keep him. I don't need my coworkers laughing at the Bills more than they already do. :wallbash:

All I know is that guy (Jason La Canfora) has been reporting a ton of false crap related to the Bills lately. I think he's trying to get his career started at the expense of true information. Everything he's "reported" and "speculated" has been false.

Yeah, La Canfora sucks. He keeps speculating in huge broad strokes that require only common sense, hoping to hit on one of them.

Let's see, who might trade for T Jackson. It'd have to be someone who might have use of a quarterback. Ok, that leaves about 20 teams, I can use that.

I thought Hanie looked decent as the Bears backup.

Jackson is WAY better than Hamdan for certain and he'd be an improvement over Fitzpatrick, IMO. I think that I saw that Jackson's salary is pretty reasonable, less than $1M, so depending on the asking price, it wouldn't be a bad idea to go after him.